New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in response to sup's question in the other thread....ako rin gusto ko malaman e :D

how much do you need to join a season in karting?

let's divide it into 3 classes....back-marker, mid-field, podium. since i heard that equipment do sometimes make a difference in some races...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    racing for me is 25% chassis 25% engine and 50 % driver.

brandnew chassis 95-150,000 depends sa brand
    brandnew engine 35k ata

2nd hand chassis 15-60,000
    2nd hand engine 18-30,000

helmet, suit, gloves, rib support, and other race gear- 25k up

carmona membership per year 6,500
    paddock fee depends on what team you are and how many karts are in the paddock
    pma pika and licensing fees -4k

entry fee per race-2,500 + mechanics fee+ gas and oil + overhauling + tires

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    This is what i spent on:

Arai Helmet 18,000
    suit 9,000
    rib protector 2,500 i think
    gloves 1,500
    balaclava 1,200 i think
    tear offs 80
    shoes hand me downs :D

my Kart is 2nd hand, i got it for 60k

garage is 10k a year

tires: 4,500 discounted price

2t race oil 550

chain lube 250

18liter gascontainer 590

mechanics fee...depends on who it is, and how long you use them. range is from 300 to 650 a day.

to give you a rough idea....

:lol:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hwow!?! bigat pala ano.. so, mura pala yung binebenta sa akin dati na kart. he was selling me for 35K lang compared to 60K.. sayang.. binebenta pa kaya niya? sana binebenta pa niya.. :D

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    tingnan mu rin kung hindi pa "bent" yung chassis nya....kasi baka tabingi na kaya mura. Thats very important in looking for a chassis.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...gotta rethink my strategy....

johnadoo, is this your first season? alucard, from ai.com, is a friend of mine, and na-kwento nya sa akin about you guys meeting in AMTC last dec. is your arai helmet m2000 rated or sa2000?? 18k is not bad considering they cost upwards of 25-35k....and did you get a brand new suit? jp tuason said he could get 2nd hand suits for a lower price (i forgot how low)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    yep this is my first season. actually, im still trying to comeup with a budget to compete for this year...ang gastos kasi. Yeah, i met alucard at the ATMC. My arai is the new SK5, its snell rating i forget. i think it is 2000 M or sa i cant recall. ill check tonight. The reason why its relatively cheap is because the helmet was designed primarily for karting and auto racing. Yung nasa 25k range is designed na for formula use. You can get 2nd hand suits nga. Yung 9k is the price for a new suit thats for karting only...its not fireproof.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i checked arai-america's website and the SK5 has a snell rating of k98 ( i assume K stands for karting instead of the M for motorcycles in M2000) and its $569.95!!!

thats 30k plus in today's exchange rate! how did you get yours for 18k? :shock:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    inggit ako sa inyo.. kung manalo lang ako sa lotto.. hehe! sama ko na rin karting sa pangarap ko.. hehe! guys, pag rent lang sa carmona rasing circuit? as in for fun lang po.. magkano fees for a weekend at the circuit? tnx!:D

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    yeah it is K98, i checked last night. yes the k is for karting. yung for formula is the GP series. I got mine cheap with the help of my cousin...he can pull strings:lol: actually yung mga helmets natin dito is cheaper than in the states...even AGV is cheaper here eh...dunno why. I got my arai from kilton BTW.yeah it is K98, i checked last night. yes the k is for karting. yung for formula is the GP series. I got mine cheap with the help of my cousin...he can pull strings:lol: actually yung mga helmets natin dito is cheaper than in the states...even AGV is cheaper here eh...dunno why. I got my arai from kilton BTW.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
karting expenses