New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Kimi Raikkonen: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimi will stay with McLaren

6 21.43%
  • Kimi will move to Renault

3 10.71%
  • Kimi will move to Ferrari

19 67.86%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Let's see who has the inside information from the pit garage.

Some considerations:

1) With Alonso joining McLaren for a long contract, Kimi may have to settle as 2nd fiddle to the world champion for a long time. Kimi is also vocal about the lack of pace with his McLaren car.

2) Kimi can switch to Renault, which is the fastest car on the grid at the moment. But Renault's F1 business seems to have an uncertain future. One reason why Alonso might have bailed out this early.

3) If Schumacher decides to stay for another run with Ferrari, that shouldn't be a problem for Kimi. Michael is nearing retirement. That means being 2nd fiddle will be a short wait for Kimi.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i hope he'll move to ferarri

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Renault is a questionable destination, but a more solid team than the arguably faster but seemingly jinxed Mclaren. I think Ferrari's car suits Kimi's aggressive style much better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    From F1 Live:

Renault is making a last-minute dash to secure the services of 'iceman' Kimi Raikkonen, according to press reports.

Although the 26-year-old was previously linked more strongly with McLaren or Ferrari for 2007 and beyond, Germany's Auto Motor Und Sport magazine reveals this week that Raikkonen secretly met with Flavio Briatore at the Nurburgring.

Reportedly, the Renault principal offered Raikkonen - under contract to McLaren but possibly already with a pre-agreement Ferrari deal - an incredible $143 million for four years, or nearly $36m a year.

Kimi was disappointed with the pace of his McLaren last Sunday at the Nurburgring, saying: "It's not what we want. We're just too slow."

"If Flavio gets the funding it means that Renault has renewed insterest in keeping the string of victories going... which means Alonso might have made a bad move?"

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... this is interesting...

but I bet that Ferrari would take him.

staying at McLaren will be a big ego-buster for him. imagine playing second fiddle to Alonso while their driving skills are just at par.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    staying at McLaren will be a big ego-buster for him. imagine playing second fiddle to Alonso while their driving skills are just at par.
    We all know that Kimi is gunning for the Season Champ status. And since Alonso has just moved-in, McLaren will definitely build the team around the Spaniard.... for a long time.

There is also news today that Rossi has quit the Formula 1 guessing game and will stick with MotoGP. I think that is a signal that Schumacher may have decided to stick with Ferrari much longer AND Rossi may have been offered a job as a test driver instead (which gives a second signal that perhaps Raikkonen is indeed taking the 2nd race seat in red overalls). Perhaps the plan now is that Rossi will stick it out with MotoGP until Schumacher retires, then partner with Kimi in the future.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    poor Massa if Kimi goes to Ferrari...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    schumi will be the world champ this year then retires. kimi will move to ferrari. alonzo to mc laren next year and the old mc laren - ferrari battle will start anew.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xto
    schumi will be the world champ this year then retires. kimi will move to ferrari. alonzo to mc laren next year and the old mc laren - ferrari battle will start anew.

magdilang anghel ka sana bro... yan din ang pinapanalangin ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    xto, ace, I second both your comments, sana kay Schumi ngayon, tapos retire on top...

mas matimbang na sa Ferari ang punta ni Kimi.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
It's Time to place your bets on Raikkonen