New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1
    Nascar for me is the most stupid race event, and of course it is like and invented by stupid americans also . Going oval what's the thrill in that?
    And watching a race series that has cars completely controlled by computers in design and function is better??? The driver doesn't even need to step on a clutch to shift, at least the cars in NASCAR use carbs, clutch, and other things you find in a regular car. Not saying NASCAR is better than F1 but don't put it down just because Americans started it. Heck, the Europeans are crazy about motorcycle speedway racing too and that's just racing a motorcycle on a dirt track for 4-8 laps in circles. If you think NASCAR is stupid because Americans invented it, I would suggest you not use the internet since the Americans came up with the concept in 1962 at MIT.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    And watching a race series that has cars completely controlled by computers in design and function is better??? The driver doesn't even need to step on a clutch to shift, at least the cars in NASCAR use carbs, clutch, and other things you find in a regular car. Not saying NASCAR is better than F1 but don't put it down just because Americans started it. Heck, the Europeans are crazy about motorcycle speedway racing too and that's just racing a motorcycle on a dirt track for 4-8 laps in circles. If you think NASCAR is stupid because Americans invented it, I would suggest you not use the internet since the Americans came up with the concept in 1962 at MIT.
    Medyo leftist yata si sir Forza1...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    F1 is back to 300 km/h convoys.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayos yan. dun naman talaga bagay si JP sa bumper cars eh. btw subukan niyang gawin yung kalokohan niya with guys like Dale Earnhardt Jr and Robby Gordon...palagay ko mapupukulan siya ng helmet :bwahaha:

Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    I think Norbert Haug had enough of JPM antics after the first turn crash in US GP. Haug wanted JPM out and got what he wanted. JPM has this problem of blaming everyone else for his mistakes.
    tumpak!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    but I will surely miss Connie...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow!!!
    ang ganda ng opening!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just saw the news this morning that JPM will immediately be replaced by dela Rosa. That goes to show that there is a deeper problem with JPM & Mercedes-Benz/McLaren.

Mercedes-Benz/McLaren should be itching by now for the 2007 season to begin (with defending champion Alonso driving for them next year).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    like eismann and horsepower, i too, prefer wrc. i guess watching it on tv w/ all the crashes, grime and mud makes it far more interesting when watched during my couch potato moments my question is, how come rallye racing disappeared in the local scene?

but watching nascar racing w/ all the glitz and its shiny and colorful cars is quite interesting too. although i just can't watch it for an extended period of time

and what's the difference between indy racing and f1 racing? pardon my ignorance mga katoto?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    Also, there are no such things as team orders in NASCAR
    Try to read this first:
    http://www.fastmachines.com/archives/nascar/001502.php
    http://www.frontstretch.com/tbowles/1026/

The fact of the matter is, while team orders are already banned in Formula 1, people still love using such excuses if they don't like the result of the race. Team orders happen because racing cars are controlled and funded by businessmen. So you can't claim that team orders do not happen in NASCAR.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kung thrill lang naman, MotoGP na siyempre. hehehe.

thrilling din naman ang Nascar mas lalo na sa last 10 laps. from a spectators point maganda manood ng Nascar kasi upo ka kahit saan makikita mo buong action sa race track pwera na lang kapag nasa Watkins Glen at ibang street circuits.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Good bye F1, hello NASCAR...