New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1
    Nascar for me is the most stupid race event, and of course it is like and invented by stupid americans also . Going oval what's the thrill in that?
    does f1 score high on the 'thrill' aspect if i may ask? it's been boring in the past few yrs imho. it has become a battle of engineers rather than drivers.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    WRC is more exciting to watch than NASCAR because cars there are not true stock cars unlike in WRC and WTCC. The commercial appeal though of NASCAR teams are now ranging wider than ever like in F1. Part of the reason maybe why JPM wants to return is money.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mantoy
    does f1 score high on the 'thrill' aspect if i may ask? it's been boring in the past few yrs imho. it has become a battle of engineers rather than drivers.
    yup. medyo naging boring yung f1--result wise. medyo predictable na kasi kung sino mananalo e. but watching it is definitely more fun than nascar. mas feel mo yung bilis ng car because of the twists and turns they make and the way they make overtaking maneuvers. even the pit strategy is something to anticipate. unlike in nascar na magkakumpol sila at paikot ikot lang. parang ang bagal at nakakaantok. pero masaya pag pit time. lahat sila sabay sabay. riot. hehe

si jpm naman tingin ko di mananalo sa f1 kaya balik sya sa US races.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ano nga ba meron sa NASCAR at pati si danica patrick ay mukhang susunod kay jpm?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Going to NASCAR, must be a big downgrade for Montoya. Going from CART champions to nothing in F1 and now in NASCAR. It could have been better if he had the chance to join INDY instead. I'm surely glad Montoya's out of F1 because I'd liked his driving style nor his poor gamesmanship and attitude.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I'll miss Connie...

Juan Pablo Montoya steps down at McLaren effective immediately
    Pedro de la Rosa joins Raikkonen in France

Following the news at the weekend that Juan Pablo Montoya had signed a contract with Ganassi Racing to compete in NASCAR next year, McLaren Mercedes confirmed this morning that the Colombian and the team have parted ways, effective immediately, with Pedro de la Rosa taking the race seat this weekend at the French Grand Prix.

The following is a press release from McLaren Mercedes.

Team McLaren Mercedes and Juan Pablo Montoya have mutually agreed for him to step down in the forthcoming races of this year's Formula 1 World Championship. The team has decided that Pedro de la Rosa will join Kimi Raikkonen in the race driver line-up.

Juan Pablo has been an energetic member of the team since 2005, but will now spend the next few months based in Miami with his family and wife Connie who is expecting their second child in September. Following his agreement with Chip Ganassi Racing for next year, Juan Pablo will also be making initial preparations for his debut in a Chrysler Dodge NASCAR.

Pedro will make his second race appearance for the team following a thrilling points scoring debut in the 2005 Bahrain Grand Prix.

Ron Dennis, CEO and Chairman of the McLaren Group
    "Juan Pablo is an exciting driver and immensely likeable character who will undoubtedly make a successful transition to the NASCAR scene.
    We have agreed that with so many things happening in Juan Pablo's life right now, he should take some time out of the car and prepare professionally and personally for the future."

Norbert Haug, Vice President, Mercedes-Benz Motorsport
    "We believe that Juan Pablo's decision to move to NASCAR is very important for him professionally and we will give him every support to ensure that it is a successful transition."

Juan Pablo Montoya
    "I know that it will be a tough transition but I'm really excited about the opportunity to move into the NASCAR championship. I have enjoyed most of my time in Formula 1 and I'm grateful for this opportunity to settle my personal life and concentrate on my future career."

Pedro de la Rosa
    "I'm of course extremely thrilled to have this opportunity to race the MP4-21 – a car in which I'm really comfortable. I know the MP4-21 better than anyone else and I'm confident that I can achieve important World Championship points for the team."

E.A.
    Source McLaren Mercedes

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    JPM really did not do well in F1. Good move for him to go to NASCAR.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^^
    Nice P.R. statements from Mclaren which I'm very sure really belies some deep problems/tensions between Montoya and the team. I mean why would either the team or Montoya would agree to an immediate termination of the contract in the middle of the season if things did not pan out well for the parties involved.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    ^^
    Nice P.R. statements from Mclaren which I'm very sure really belies some deep problems/tensions between Montoya and the team. I mean why would either the team or Montoya would agree to an immediate termination of the contract in the middle of the season if things did not pan out well for the parties involved.
    I think Norbert Haug had enough of JPM antics after the first turn crash in US GP. Haug wanted JPM out and got what he wanted. JPM has this problem of blaming everyone else for his mistakes.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    hehehe... instead of small bumps... those NASCAR guys will surely get big bumps courtesy of wildman JPM.
    He will be the one that needs to worry since drivers in NASCAR will drive you into the wall * 200mph if you piss them off. Also, there are no such things as team orders in NASCAR unlike in F1 when Schumi would win because of team orders to let him win.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Good bye F1, hello NASCAR...