New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    DESIGNER OF SCHUMACHER’S TITLE-WINNING CARS TO AID FERRARI

To help develop its 2014 Formula 1 car, Ferrari has called on the services of ace designer Rory Byrne, whose efforts helped Michael Schumacher claim his seven drivers’ world championships.

Byrne, a South African, who is currently developing Ferrari’s latest road car will also provide "operational support" for the design of next year’s challenger, which will be the product of completely new regulations that are slated to step in.

The 69-year-old was quoted by Auto, Motor und Sport as saying that the current car, the F138, looks like "child's play" in comparison with the new one.

Schumacher won all his 91 races and seven championships in cars designed by Byrne at Benetton and Ferrari. He had retired at the end of 2006, when the German had quit the sport for the first time, but continued to offer his expertise in several projects that stemmed at Maranello.

Source: F1pulse

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^ Interesting,- Good and Bad,- Rory Byrne is now an "outsider" trying to design a winning car.... Good because of the fresh approach; Bad because he has been out of the circuit for a while + probably his age....

18.2K:soccer2:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    True King Kimi will dominate 2013 season...I'm just a big fan of Kim...I hope there's a lot out there. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by iOz View Post
    True King Kimi will dominate 2013 season...I'm just a big fan of Kim...I hope there's a lot out there. Thanks!
    I'm a big fan of his driving.

Just the driving . :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Formula 1 teams 'are in survival mode', says Whitmarsh

Seven of the 11 Formula 1 teams are struggling financially to the extent that they are in "survival" mode, says McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh.

Whitmarsh, who is also chairman of the Formula 1 Teams' Association that represents the majority of the sport's competitors, said: "It's tough.

"We're in the world of advertising and you only have to see how advertising is worldwide. The rate card is down.

"We have taken some measures, but I think it's going to be tough for some."

Whitmarsh reckons several teams will find it hard to "have a viable business model for a few years", while his opposite number at Caterham, Cyril Abiteboul, thinks world champions Red Bull are doing well financially but "everyone else is suffering".

more....
    BBC Sport - Formula 1 teams 'are in survival mode', says Whitmarsh

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    dapat manalo si mayor lim para matuloy GT3 sa quirino.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sana si Kimi will rule the roost...

Lotus to fight Red Bull for title - Gutierrez

Feb.25 (GMM) After spending some time from an elevated trackside vantage point in Barcelona last week, Esteban Gutierrez has tipped Red Bull and Lotus to fight for the 2013 title.

"I was out on track and had a look at a couple of the corners," the rookie Sauber racer is quoted by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

"I was surprised by how different the cars are. I think Red Bull is in a very good position, which can be seen easily from the outside".

"The Red Bull and the Lotus are the most stable," he continued, according to Italy's Tuttosport.

"They will fight for the title this season.

"I was very impressed with the Lotus in the cornering," the 21-year-old continued.

"It has incredible grip, far more than the others, not moving around at all.

"The Red Bull is also very smooth, with no uncertainty in the trajectory, very well balanced and very good at the front end."

In Switzerland's Blick, veteran correspondent Roger Benoit compiled the first tentative pecking-order list for 2013, with Red Bull and Lotus in first and second places.

Third is McLaren, ahead of Ferrari, Mercedes and Sauber.

Mark Webber told reporters on Friday: "We are in a good position to be strong in Melbourne, as you would expect from a team that has had our results in the past few years."

World champion Sebastian Vettel is also happy.

"It's true that I only felt comfortable in the car in the second half of last season," he is quoted by Sport Bild.

"It's also true that the handling of the new car is very similar."

After testing the impressive black and red E21 in Spain, Raikkonen headed to Moscow for a demonstration ice race.

"I can't promise that we are going to be able to fight for wins," the Finn told R-Sport, "but I think we will be up there and we will have ourselves a chance at least."

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Marlon Stockinger to be first Filipino F1 Driver ?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    =Retz;2097910]Marlon Stockinger to be first Filipino F1 Driver ?
    i hope he fulfill his dreams of being on the track w/ the cream of the crop

Stockinger career goes on high gear in F1 test

By Olmin Leyba (The Philippine Star) | Updated March 2, 2013 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - Fil-Swiss speedster Marlon Stockinger shifts his bid to break into Formula 1 racing as he drives in an F1 test at Paul Ricard Circuit in France next month.

“I will have a chance to be in an F1 car on April 2. I will do a test at Paul Ricard. It’s not an official race but it’s a chance and to be given a chance at that level is very good. It’s a historic moment for the Philippine drivers,” said Stockinger during a presscon hosted by Globe Tattoo yesterday.

“This year, I plan to make the most in my racing season but if I can do well enough, there is a chance to get into F1,” he added.

The 21-year-old Globe Tattoo brand ambassador will have the race track at Le Castellet near Marseille all to himself for that whole day, proving his worth in a 350 kms drive with four sets of new F1 tires at his disposal.

Stockinger is the first Filipino to win a formula race in Europe, achieving the feat at the 2012 GP3 Series at Monaco, where he set his first pole position and the fastest lap of the race.

Last month, Stockinger became part of the Lotus F1 Junior Team, which provides him with a thorough training program preparatory to an F1 career, including driving skills, physical fitness, nutrition and PR.

Sportshub ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

“Mataas ang pressure at expectation ng Lotus F1 sa akin para dalhin ang results (Pressure and exoecptations on me are high). Pero tingin ko (But for me) it’s a good pressure na kailangan magdeliver (to live up to expectations).

“We just have to learn as much as we can. Siyempre, gusto ko manalo kahit ng isang race (Of course I want to win at least one race) pero importante, (but the important thing is) learn as much as I can there,” he said, looking forward to the Renault World Series.

Stockinger, along with his father-manager Tom, and Bunny Aguilad, Globe Division Head of Convergent Communication Channels, updated media on the fast-rising racer’s career as well as Lotus F1 Team’s upcoming Road Show in the country.

On May 4-5, Lotus will bring in actual F1 race car to give Filipino motor sports fans an F1 experience. Stockinger himself will drive the powerful vehicle on the streets, along with other fellow drivers from Lotus.

Globe Tattoo, meanwhile, assures its support to Stockinger’s F1 drive.

“Tattoo represents speed and there’s no better person to represent this than Marlon. Like our brand DNA ‘marked for greatness,’ we believe Marlon is marked for greatness and Tattoo supports him in his quest for F1,” said Aguilar.

- See more at: http://www.philstar.com/sports/2013/....os2UUjGD.dpuf

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Philippine or Switzerland flag?

Can't be both.

18.4K:sun:

Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast