New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Thanks for reminding, bro.....

I just realized,- it was already a long time ago.... I believe that it was the time when he was torn between McLaren and Honda................... Long wait for JB....

7808:spam:
    rather, it was Williams & Honda.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Seems like poor Hamilton is considering his options after the liar gate affair and the less than stellar performance of Mclaren (not to mention Ferrari) this season.

From TotalF1
    Anthony Hamilton is reportedly considering whether he should advise his son Lewis to leave McLaren.

In the wake of the 'liargate' scandal, which saw the near-tearful World Champion offer a grovelling public apology on Friday in Sepang after admitting he misled Australian GP stewards upon the instruction of McLaren's Sporting Director Dave Ryan, The Daily Mail claims that 'Hamilton's future with McLaren is on a knife-edge'.

'Hamilton Snr is understood to be pondering whether to turn his back on McLaren, the team who supported Lewis through the ranks at an estimated cost of £5million, and switch to rivals less prone to shooting themselves in the foot,' the newspaper reports.

'The biggest stumbling block to engineering an escape route concerns where to place Lewis.

'Ferrari are favourites, if he can wriggle out of his five-year contract worth £75m, but they are currently as slow as McLaren. He is into his second year of the deal but various get-out clauses could cut his stay short.'
    Is it just me or shouldnt drivers actively help improve a cars performance by contributing necessary inputs to engineers and such? I know Alonso does this (as well as Schumacher of course).

Any Tom, Dick and Harry whose a good driver can sit in a great car and excel in races but it takes sublime talent to start with a mediocre car and make it great. (By of course doing the proper setup and tuning, a job not necessarily reserved just for the engineers).

Im not a judge of character,but if your team is hurting and they desperately need you, wouldnt it be a bad time to bail?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I hope these F1 circus clowns would get on with it and move on with their lives. It's not like someone from the pits radioed Rubens to slow down so Schumacher can win the race. Geez, man. But all these telenovela may be good a sideshow to entertain the crowd while we wait for the next GP venue.

So Hamilton wants to leave the team? Good! So we can put Bruno Senna in. Hamilton can go to Renault and replace Nelson Piquet Junior. Maybe he can find good company with Fernando Alonso's loving arms (before Renault declares a bankcruptcy by the end of the season).

There is no shortage of talent in F1 (although there are also a lot of duds that need to get the boot -- like Champ Car King Bourdais, Piquet, The Lawnmower Man, and Sutil). Why not re-sign Takuma Sato? We always need a bowling ball down there at Turn One. Nakajima is too tame for a Japanese. We need someone who does the hara-kiri while that funny Honda nippongo song plays in the background.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    So Hamilton wants to leave the team? Good! So we can put Bruno Senna in. Hamilton can go to Renault and replace Nelson Piquet Junior. Maybe he can find good company with Fernando Alonso's loving arms (before Renault declares a bankcruptcy by the end of the season).
    I feel the same way, Ferrari should kick out Raikkonen since he's more trouble that he's worth. Can't win the Championship even when he had the best car in the field (in the McLaren).

Ferrari is actively wooing Alonso to join them in 2011 and is finding a way to boot out Raikkonen.

From F1-live.com
    As far as Italian sports fans are concerned, Ferrari made the right choice in signing Fernando Alonso for the future.

Speculation suggests that the Spaniard has inked a deal to move to the Maranello team either in 2011 or (depending on Kimi Raikkonen) even next year.

A survey conducted by La Gazzetta dello Sport claims the 27-year-old is the driver most Italian fans want Ferrari to put into a red car.

Alonso captured nearly 42 percent of the total vote, ahead of Robert Kubica (24.6%), Felipe Massa (16.8%) and Kimi Raikkonen (8.9%).
    Click here to find out more!

Of the five drivers cited, Lewis Hamilton netted the lowest percentage of the vote, with 8.2 percent.
    But then I think Alonso is thinking twice about this and I don't know if that will help any because even Ferrari plainly sucks right now...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    Well anyway, the substance of my argument about this issue was about the suggestion that perhaps Honda is kicking themselves now, for selling the team. My point was, evenif Brawn GP will eventually become world champions this season, I guess Honda would still have made the logical decision to abandon Formula One. They spend more than $100 million running the team, with little profit from it. And there is no assurance that Brawn GP would have still made the podiums today if it were using a Honda engine at the back.
    Logical or not if Brawn has anything to say about it, Honda "is" kicking themselves at the moment. (Well, I may have taken liberties with the word "frustrated". So lets just say it as Kicking themselves, "figuratively")

From F1-live.com

Honda is "frustrated" to have abandoned Formula One on the eve of almost guaranteed success, new team owner Ross Brawn insists.

The Briton is now leading the Brackley-based camp following a management buyout, having bought it from the struggling Honda Motor Co. for a symbolic 1 British pound.

"I'm sure they were very frustrated at having to withdraw," Brawn, 54, told the Bloomberg news agency.

"I've had many notes from senior people at Honda, so they are frustrated because obviously the team has moved forward, but it was a necessity for their business."

The team netted embarrassing results in the last two years, but during 2008 invested millions of Honda dollars setting the groundwork for the current BGP 001 chassis.

With Mercedes power, the 'Brawn GP' car collected both poles and both wins from the opening two Grand Prix of 2009.

F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone is surprised the Japanese manufacturer did not realise it had overseen the design of a winning car before pulling out.

"They'd spent an awful lot of money, hadn't gotten anywhere and probably didn't realise the potential," he said last weekend in Malaysia.

"I'm sure if they had, they wouldn't have gone because all this would have been Honda otherwise."

A Honda spokeswoman declined to comment.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    a little OT but up to the Malaysian GP pala e tigas pa din ang mukha ni Hamilton sa pagsisinungaling re: Trulli incident. Kahit pinarinig na sa kanya ang audio recordings todo deny pa din. Para palang si GMA to, may tape evidence na, tigas mukha pa din sa pagmamalinis

what little respect I had for Hamilton all went down the drain. I hope they get banned for several races para magtanda

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    It seems even Michael Schumacher is taking some heat from Ferrari since he was in part to blame for the decision to switch to full wet tires for Kimi Raikkonnen when as yet the track was still dry. ( Which resulted with Raikkonen who already was 20 seconds off from the leaders to fall back another 20 seconds)

Which goes to show even a great driver does not automatically qualify you as a good team manager.

from F1-live.com

A Ferrari spokesman has confirmed that Michael Schumacher will not be travelling with the team to the forthcoming Chinese and Bahrain Grand Prix.

The 40-year-old seven time world champion, on duty as an advisor to the Italian team at the opening two races of 2009, faced immense public criticism for his apparent role in strategic blunders.

Ferrari figures got together for a post-Sepang 'crisis meeting' at Maranello earlier this week, but Schumacher was not present.

It now emerges that the team will do without the services of the most successful driver in F1 history for rounds three and four of the current championship.

"He will not be at those races," the spokesman is quoted as saying by Germany's Sport Bild.

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo said after the Tuesday meeting that he is determined the team should not become a laughing stock.

"I made the point that I don't want to find us on some sort of TV comedy video programme after each race," he insisted.

Marc Surer, the former Swiss F1 driver and regular commentary pundit, told a German language newspaper that Ferrari should not employ Schumacher if he is only a part-time advisor.

"You can only become part of the process of being a racing team if you are there all the time. But Schumacher is only a semi-advisor, and that is no solution," he told the Basler Zeitung..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    It seems even Michael Schumacher is taking some heat from Ferrari since he was in part to blame for the decision to switch to full wet tires for Kimi Raikkonnen when as yet the track was still dry. ( Which resulted with Raikkonen who already was 20 seconds off from the leaders to fall back another 20 seconds)

Which goes to show even a great driver does not automatically qualify you as a good team manager.

from F1-live.com

A Ferrari spokesman has confirmed that Michael Schumacher will not be travelling with the team to the forthcoming Chinese and Bahrain Grand Prix.

The 40-year-old seven time world champion, on duty as an advisor to the Italian team at the opening two races of 2009, faced immense public criticism for his apparent role in strategic blunders.

Ferrari figures got together for a post-Sepang 'crisis meeting' at Maranello earlier this week, but Schumacher was not present.

It now emerges that the team will do without the services of the most successful driver in F1 history for rounds three and four of the current championship.

"He will not be at those races," the spokesman is quoted as saying by Germany's Sport Bild.

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo said after the Tuesday meeting that he is determined the team should not become a laughing stock.

"I made the point that I don't want to find us on some sort of TV comedy video programme after each race," he insisted.

Marc Surer, the former Swiss F1 driver and regular commentary pundit, told a German language newspaper that Ferrari should not employ Schumacher if he is only a part-time advisor.

"You can only become part of the process of being a racing team if you are there all the time. But Schumacher is only a semi-advisor, and that is no solution," he told the Basler Zeitung..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It was indeed a strategic blunder.....

You cannot bet on the weather.....

7808:spam:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
F1: 2009 Malaysian GP