New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And Ferrari still scoreless nyahahaha For awhile there I thought Ferrari will be the only team to remain scoreless when Sutil's Force India was running at 6th before his heavy shunt. Well at least may kasama pa rin Ferrari sa scoreless camp

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Congratulations Vetel! Congratulations Red Bull! That was a superb race!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    And all because of the 'diffuser'. Take away the diffuser, and it becomes a Ferrari vs. McLaren all over again. But we can argue that 'interpreting' the design regulations is also a part of the race. So if you are not clever enough to exploit the loopholes in the rules, you can expect to find yourself in a great disadvantage.

Not to be Pedantic about it, but I simply cannot lets this "factual error" stand. Its not about the diffusers simply because the Red Bull team who incidentally won pole and the 1-2 finish in this race is not running the "controversial" diffusers.

For me the diffusers are way overblown, reserved for people who simply see "ghosts" and are desperate to save face because of their embarassing performance...

However Adrian Newey... You are a God!!!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Vettel maybe the new king in the rain. Raikkonen can go home and buy some ice cream for all I care.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    I am beginning to believe that it is only sponsor money that is keeping Nelson Piquet Jr. in that Renault seat. Renault must be really running out of cash in having to absorb anymore of this embarrassment.

Buemi's incredible performance only cements what we already know since last year: Bourdais is nothing but a Champ Car wonder and nothing else. C'mon guys, how about trying Bruno Senna this time? Or bring back Taku!

When Raikkonen smashed his Ferrari into Adrian Sutil's car in a raining Monaco, pundits were saying Kimi ruined the chance of Sutil to demonstrate that Sutil is a "Rain Master" driver! As proven in today's race, Slater sums up the reality: "So near, yet so far ..... AGAIN!". Condolence to Force India. Atleast their Lawnmower Man was dead quiet throughout the race. Was he driving out there anyway?! I thought he was out sick, not even a single camera caught him.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Vettel is the MAN!!!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The new "RainMaster" is another German....

7808:spam:

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I really thought there was going to be only 1 national anthem going to be played at the podium. So I was surprised myself when 'God Save The Queen' was played.

I thought Red Bull was German.

What if Toyota wins? ToyotaF1 is based in Germany.
    Last edited by BoyFerrari; April 20th, 2009 at 01:56 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

That is 'surprising' for me. I checked with Wiki and Red Bull is using Renault engine. Or, are they using Mercedes engine and Wiki is wrong?

Last year, when SV won in Italy (under Toro Rosso), the German National Anthem was played for him, and the Italian National Anthem for the car,- as they're using the Ferrari engine. Sounds familiar, huh? More like MS-Ferrari in Italy?....

7808:spam:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    I really thought there was going to be only 1 national anthem going to be played at the podium. So I was surprised myself when 'God Save The Queen' was played.

I thought Red Bull was German.
    It's supposed to be the Austrian National Anthem...

Podium slip up
    China plays wrong anthem to mark Red Bull win

Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber had just secured an historic one-two debut victory for the team, but Red Bull's motorsport advisor Helmut Marko said one element of Sunday's proceedings left him distinctly ‘disappointed’.

After German winner Vettel mouthed the final words of the 'Das Deutschlandlied' on the podium, Austrian Marko then prepared to bask in the national pride of the Austrian anthem.

'Land der Berge, Land am Strome' in Austrian means 'Land of the mountains, land on the river', sang to the melody of a 1790s song by the composer Johann Holzer.

Red Bull, owned by the Austrian energy drink magnate Dietrich Mateschitz, competes under a racing license by the Austrian motor racing authority OAMTC, the Osterreichischer Automobil, Motorrad und Touring Club.

However, to mark the victory of the winning constructor, the loudspeakers of the Shanghai International Circuit instead exclaimed God Save the Queen, apparently because Red Bull Racing is based in Milton-Keynes.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
    Source: GMM
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 20th, 2009 at 02:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Last year, when SV won in Italy (under Toro Rosso), the German National Anthem was played for him, and the Italian National Anthem for the car,- as they're using the Ferrari engine. Sounds familiar, huh? More like MS-Ferrari in Italy?....
    the 2nd national anthem is for the team. Toro Rosso (Italian for Red Bull) is formerly Minardi. they're based in Faenza, Italy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
F1 2009 : China | Shanghai GP