New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Qualifying is on (and I think it will not be televised.....)

Monitor na lang sa internet at kung may P2P....

4000:play_ball:

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Lewis Hamilton was, no doubt, the star of the qualifying session. Anybody saw that drifting move he makes around the corners? I'm not exactly sure if drifting can actually cost you some time, or maybe it is compensated by a much easier turn around the curves with lesser brakes applied. But he was awesome, nonetheless.

If not for Hamilton's spectacular down-the-wire P1 finish, I should say the biggest star of qualifying would have to be Sebastian Vettel! Maybe he was driving on vapor in his gas tank to beat a BMW and a pair of Renaults. But who cares, right? That kid was awesome even during his first race at Indianapolis.

That leaves the only Rookie left to prove his talent this season is Adrian Sutil. But what can you do with a pathetic Spyker, anyway?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yes, it will be an interesting race this afternoon with LH, FA, KR and FM (as usual), leading the pack in the starting line....

I canceled our gimiks for lunch today, as I will be watching the race on TV.....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    well alonso spun out of the race. it looks like LH is in for a championship in his rookie year barring any unfortunate incident.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Vettel, what have you done. I had my money on you!!!

Kubica is now my new, refined version, of Takuma Sato. Banzai!!!!

I underestimated McLaren's sinister plot timing. I thought they would do it in Brazil. But under a cover of rain, and a few minor collisions, the perfect crime has exacted revenge on The Blackmail. Even the mechanics' "concerned" reaction looked staged.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    Lewis Hamilton was, no doubt, the star of the qualifying session. Anybody saw that drifting move he makes around the corners? I'm not exactly sure if drifting can actually cost you some time, or maybe it is compensated by a much easier turn around the curves with lesser brakes applied. But he was awesome, nonetheless.

If not for Hamilton's spectacular down-the-wire P1 finish, I should say the biggest star of qualifying would have to be Sebastian Vettel! Maybe he was driving on vapor in his gas tank to beat a BMW and a pair of Renaults. But who cares, right? That kid was awesome even during his first race at Indianapolis.

That leaves the only Rookie left to prove his talent this season is Adrian Sutil. But what can you do with a pathetic Spyker, anyway?
    It was freaking brilliant.

Yes, it's techincally slower to slide the car, but the point was, there was no grip anyway.

While "Mr. Turn-In" Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikonnen were fighting to control their vehicles and keep them on the edge without silding, Lewis was actually allowing it to slide, but on his own terms. The result? He was faster than either driver, and had less hairy moments to boot. While the others were fighting the car for control (Kimi's countersteering was so fast, you could blink and miss what happened!), Lewis was adapting to the loss of traction instead of fighting it.

It's only fitting that he won the race, but that was a close one mid-race (Kubica collision)... I'm pissed I didn't catch the telecast (had to contend with "watching" online... I'm out of the house)... I'm definitely watching the replay!

Amazing job by Kimi, as usual. Tough luck for Fernando, but this just makes the fight even more interesting.

Mathematically, it's still possible for Lewis to lose, if he bins it next race... but if he wins the next one, he's champion. If he gets second and Fernando gets first, it's a race to the wire. If Kimi wins the next one and Lewis doesn't score any points, there's a chance for a three-way.

Is David Coulthard a driving god, or what? Someone get this guy back in a good car! :hysterical:
    Last edited by niky; September 30th, 2007 at 03:17 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Wow what a disaster for Alonso! Even fourth place could have been good enough. Now he made it only too easy for Hamilton to get the title.

At the podium, you could see Hamilton was really loving it. Raikkonen however was quite subdued. I think he was still pissed that the FIA or race stewards didnt tell Ferrari to switch to full wet tyres prior to the race. (They were still in intermediates thats why they pitted twice during the safety car period)

That race sure was eventful, but for all the wrong reasons...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good thing Alonso lost. wahahahahaha

For me, I'd like LH or KR as the champion. Too bad, only a miracle would enable KR to be the champ now.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

As I said in the other thread, the ghost that hounded MS last year in Suzuka was the same one that got into FA this afternoon in Fuji.... Whew! both in terrible situations because they were fighting for the Driver's Championship!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I was only able to watch the last 9 laps this evening.

Hanap na lang ng replay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
F1: 2007 Japanese GP (Fuji Speedway)