New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    viewing party at National Sports Grill on September 30, 11am-3pm.

http://www.f1clubphilippines.com/for...pic.php?t=1178

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Let's do the math here: So if the usual clowns will again occupy all three podium slots from Japan till Brazil, then it's no longer important whether it's a Ferrari 1-2 all the way. Either Hamilton or Alonso will become world champion.

The only way Massa and The Curse can win the driver's title is for the 2 McLaren drivers to get into each other's throats that would send both of them into the wall. And not to mention car blowouts.

The reason why Michael Schumacher lost the title last year was because of a blown engine at Suzuka. Something you have thought totally unexpected. But it happened, nonetheless.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro., - I think that if the 1-2-3-4 slots would always be KR, FM, FA, LH,- in the last 3 races in Japan, China and Brazil, then mathematically, KR can become champion.

Long shot though in my opinion.....

3909:trampoline:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrayv View Post
    viewing party at National Sports Grill on September 30, 11am-3pm.

http://www.f1clubphilippines.com/for...pic.php?t=1178

Thanks again for the invitation bro.

3909:trampoline:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ang baduy nito track na to? compared to suzuka ang baduy talaga ng fuji even though it was modified for an F1 track. dont get me wrong, i havent really went on a lap of this track in real life. pero when you play it on the PC, PS2 wla comparison tlga sa suzuka circuit. fuji lacks what i call character corners like the "S curves", "degner curves (my favorite, just tapping on the brakes for the 1st degner from the flat out dunlop)", tska "spoon corner". for me these corners make the lap for suzuka, you can gain numerous tenths from the said corners (even seconds) with the proper setup and tires (if youre brave as well).

i dunno, its a shame tlga bakit napunta ang F1 sa fuji. sana ibalik na sa suzuka in the next couple of years.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by devdevlin View Post
    sana ibalik na sa suzuka in the next couple of years.
    Japanese Grand Prix to alternate between Fuji and Suzuka

The Fuji Speedway and Suzuka circuits are to host the Japanese Grand Prix on alternate years starting in 2009, it was announced on Saturday. Fuji will stage the 2007 and 2008 events, with Suzuka returning to the calendar the following season.

The new arrangement is the result of discussions between the two circuits and Formula One Administration Limited (FOA), and is designed to promote the continued success of Formula One racing in Japan.

"We have concluded an agreement on the alternation of the Formula One Japanese Grand Prix between Fuji Speedway and Suzuka Circuit, to ensure the progress and success of keeping Formula One in Japan over the long term," commented FOA CEO Bernie Ecclestone.

"I am very happy that Fuji Speedway and Suzuka Circuit made this possible. It also makes me very pleased that we will retain Suzuka as it has supported Formula One for 20 years and the large amount of our fans."

This year’s Japanese Grand Prix will be the first at Fuji since 1977, the circuit having also hosted the race in 1976, while Suzuka was home to the event every year between 1987 and 2006.
    http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/9/6729.html

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It looks like Ferrari is the fastest car in the first practice session...... This is indeed an exciting race to watch.....

Interestingly, they are predicting rain..... whew!

If it rains come Race Day,- my money is on FA.... He has proven his driving prowess in the rain twice already.... And the rest of the field were certainly out of his league in rainy conditions.....

4000:play_ball:

Japanese GP - First practice

source: f1-live.com / Earl ALEXANDER / © CAPSIS International

Opening practice for the Japanese Grand Prix at the new Fuji Speedway circuit saw Kimi Raikkonen lead the way with a best lap of 1:19.119s, just under four-tenths clear of team-mate Felipe Massa.

The 90-minute session was encouraging for the Ferrari team as rivals McLaren Mercedes had to play second best on this occasion with Fernando Alonso putting in a lap late in the 90-minute session to take third from title leader Lewis Hamilton.

With seven-tenths of a second covering the title protagonists, Nico Rosberg was again best-of-the-rest in his Williams Toyota while team-mate Alex Wurz was also on the pace with the seventh fastest time.

BMW Sauber are very much now fully focused on the 2008 season, but the F1.07 is still proving to be effective with Robert Kubica splitting the Williams duo in sixth position while Nick Heidfeld was 13th fastest.

It is an important home race for the Toyota team and this morning Jarno Trulli was firmly in the top ten in his revised TF107, ending the session eighth fastest with team-mate Ralf Schumacher seven positions back.

Adrian Sutil made the best use of his soft tyre and low fuel load run at the end of the session to set what would be the ninth fastest time overall in his Spyker Ferrari. Another driver doing a great job this morning was Anthony Davidson in his Super Aguri Honda with the tenth best time.

Rubens Barrichello was another to make gains in the final minutes of running with the 11th fastest time in his Honda.
    Jenson Button ended his session in the pit lane and therefore did not improve on his 19th position.

Heikki Kovalainen had a good run in his Renault and ran for much of the time in the top six. The Finn found himself shuffled down the order in the final minutes and was 12th ahead of Heidfeld. Team-mate Giancarlo Fisichella was 16th.

The Toro Rosso duo of Tonio Liuzzi and Sebastian Vettel set the 14th and 20th best times respectively, with the latter losing much of the session after a mechanical issue on his STR2 early on. Takuma Sato was another to sit out much of the session in his Super Aguri Honda, but would get on track later on to set the 17th fastest time.

It was a troubled morning for the Red Bull Renault team with Mark Webber and David Coulthard 18th and 21st. Coulthard in particular lost a great deal of track time for as-yet unknown reasons while Sakon Yamamoto brought up the tail of the timesheets in the second Spyker.

So far there is no sign of the predicted rain and Ferrari seems to have carried on their Belgian Grand Prix momentum to Fuji Speedway.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If it rains come Race Day,- my money is on FA.... He has proven his driving prowess in the rain twice already.... And the rest of the field were certainly out of his league in rainy conditions.....
    It would be interesting to see if L Hamilton has some skills in wet weather driving since he will be having the same car as Alonso. If it does rain we could be in for an exciting race.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    It would be interesting to see if L Hamilton has some skills in wet weather driving since he will be having the same car as Alonso. If it does rain we could be in for an exciting race.
    If it rains, the race will be very exciting. :D

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    One blown engine is all it takes to destroy Alonso's title hopes. It's risky to blowup his engine at Fuji, because if his title hopes are destroyed this early, he can become suicidal in Shanghai and Brazil and try to take Hamilton out. My bet is that they will blowup his engine in Brazil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
F1: 2007 Japanese GP (Fuji Speedway)