New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala ba sa youtube?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    saw the race and qualifying. right after the qualifying, when ron learned that LH failed to make his last flying lap, RD immediately walked to FA's race engr. at galit na galit. if i could translate his face: "halika nga rito! hayuf ka! bakit mo dinelay si LH?" biglang inakbayan ni RD yung race engr. ni FA at parang gusto nyang kutusan. parang naghuhugas kamay pa yung race engr. with his body language na"wala akong kinalaman dyan." nabanas tuloy ako kay FA, parang lumabas na hindi sya sport. will do anything para di mapahiya kay LH.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What a weekend...

Massa suffered another blow c/o the Ferrari pit crew (they forgot to fuel him for his final Q2 lap). His car is also heavily understeering initially with the heavy fuel load and he did not recover from it.

What a boo boo by McLaren... instead of having an all McLaren front row (which will guarantee a 1-2 finish) they ended up bumping down poor Alonso by 5 places. Alonso did fight it out for his much deserved 4th place after initially losing some ground.

What a classic match-up between LH & KR! KR was just waiting for a slight mistake by LH to pounce on the lead but unfortunately he wasn't given the opportunity.

I'm wondering what's up with BMW & Williams' 3-stop strategy... their drivers could've placed higher if they kept with the 2-stop strategy.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    It seems that Lewis is Antagonist here. It goes like this, on Q3 when everyone was lined up Lewis was infront of Alonso then Kimi. Tignan nyo yun formation, si Alonso eh parang sisingit sa linya. I think the tactic was to have alonso go out first because of the 'fuel burn' oppotunity for Q3. Lewis was ok with it(but I think like every driver he would like to be the first one out for a cleaner road ahead). But then Lewis was also mindful of Kimi's ferrari. If Lewis was to let Alonso thru, there was potential that Kimi might go thru also ahead of him. Lewis floored it at the start and I think Lewis waited for Fernando to catch up so that he could let him pass but suddenly Alonso dropped the pace. Lewis sort of disobeyed orders because he did not follow the orders immediately. I think this is why there was a mad discussion on the pits where Alonso was discussing the matters with the pit crew thus delaying the Lewis Hamilton pitstop.

whew! mahirap ikwento, check out na lang yun post race transcripts andun yun story, well more or less.

I also hear that mclaren might not go thru with the appeal?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Na-miss ko both the qualifying ang the race itself. Masyado kasi ko nag-focus sa boxing.
    At ng natalo si Morales ay labis akong nalungkot kaya tuloy nakalimutan kong may F1 nga pala.
    Anyway I’ll just wait the replay one of these days lalo pa nanalo si LH. Ayos!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    (slight repost from other thread...)

What a race! Kimi hounding Lewis the whole way, while Lewis seeming to be the new "Iceman", doesn't budge. It was astounding watching this kid control the pace... let him get 0.1 closer, 0.1 closer, 0.1 closer... is he too close? Reel off a fastest lap, then another, build a cushion... then ease off... let him get 0.1 closer, 0.1 closer...

Kimi was flat out all race, pushing to his car to the ragged edge... while Lewis was just pacing himself.

This is the very first race I've managed to catch live all season... and it was interesting to watch Lewis in action. Very smooth, very unflustered... he looked like he was just strolling in the park... even when he turned the taps on, he never seemed to be driving as violently as Kimi, whose turn-in at each corner was as crisp as a razor. Lewis just flew in, without ever seeming to do anything. Lewis did lock up the brakes twice or thrice, but that was only after he got blocked at the pit-exit and flat-spotted. It never hurt him as much as it should have.

The boy drives like a robot... unimaginably smooth... on the slipperiest race track I've seen all year. I think McLaren should forfeit the championship... they've put a cyborg in their car, and I can't help thinking that's against the rules!

Alonso, on the other hand, was obviously uncomfortable with this car. He did manage to ring up quite a few places and fastest laps, but he was having more set-up problems, obviously, than the two guys in front. And probably more problems with the team, too. McLaren's got a dominant season, but damn they've got too many issues.

I think that's confirmed it... it's Senna-Prost all over again... what a show! :hysterical:

------

Massa... errh... what the heck was all that? Alonso's weekend sucked, but he tried his best to make it work... Massa just looked completely lost at the back of cars that he should have been overtaking easily...

-------

Will Jenson's woes never cease? He'd better press the "Eject" button soon, but there's nowhere for him to go...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Did anyone notice that boxer shorts-busting attire of Paula Malai Ali? She was wearing a nighties on race day. If only I can get a pair of scissors and cut-off those shoulder strings and let it glide down like a smooth silk on a gorgeous body....

Back to the race... well, not as exciting as I hoped for. But I got a good laugh when Massa made a mistake and then suddenly Takuma Sato slingshot himself pass the Ferrari, and Massa ended up trying to race a Super Aguri to no avail. Haha. My Japanese team did it again.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Massa's whole race was futzed from the get-go. He had a bad break in qualifying... but he shouldn't have let it get to him. Fernando had similarly bad luck (but not as bad...), but still made the best of his situation. Either a total lack of maturity for Massa, or he was having one hell of a jinxed weekend.

At least he had a better weekend than Jenson Button...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    (slight repost from other thread...)

This is the very first race I've managed to catch live all season... and it was interesting to watch Lewis in action. Very smooth, very unflustered... he looked like he was just strolling in the park... even when he turned the taps on, he never seemed to be driving as violently as Kimi, whose turn-in at each corner was as crisp as a razor. Lewis just flew in, without ever seeming to do anything. Lewis did lock up the brakes twice or thrice, but that was only after he got blocked at the pit-exit and flat-spotted. It never hurt him as much as it should have.

The boy drives like a robot... unimaginably smooth... on the slipperiest race track I've seen all year. I think McLaren should forfeit the championship... they've put a cyborg in their car, and I can't help thinking that's against the rules!

I think that's confirmed it... it's Senna-Prost all over again... what a show! :hysterical:
    you should've seen the malaysian GP, where he was hounded by two ferrari's and where he 'forced' massa into making an overtaking mistake. masmaganda yun!

senna - prost? not until one takes out the other in a race hehehe
    Last edited by cardo; August 8th, 2007 at 10:17 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahaha... I'm just waiting for that to happen.

Man, the news reports are getting more and more soap-opera-ish... There seems to be a consistent theme from Alonso's camp that he may want to leave... whether this is a serious threat or a way of wrangling some recognition from Ron Dennis of Alonso's status as Driver One, I don't know.

Poor Ron Dennis... he does the 1st - 2nd driver thing, and he loses Juan Pablo Montoya... he does the co-equal driver thing, and he loses Fernando? He just can't win!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
F1: 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix