New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Not everyone (nor eveycar) can take on a corner at highspeed, you need courage to do it at sierra madre. Try going up on a weekend morning and see how many bikes and some cars overshoot those corners.

Mga 2005 di pa gano madami motor jan, halos solo namin ang kalsada. Eh sumikat ang lugar, being the nearest road in manila to have such corners, naging haven ng mga wanabee racers. Pro Racers i can live with , yung mga bobong wanabee ang nakakatakot. Motto nila sa buhay "patay kung patay".

You can test your cars limit at sctex, yun ay kung swertihin ka na di mahuli.
    Going very fast on a long straight road gets boring after a few times and requires very little skill.

Keeping one's car on a twisting mountain road is more fun and a good challenge to upgrade one's skills to master the car you are driving.

It is also rewarding to the driver if you are driving a good handling car. Even a cheap car can be fun to drive on the roads of Tanay. Even I had buckets of fun driving a stock Mitsubishi Mirage GLS.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ya it really gets boring driving in a straight line

and after listening to VTEC-kicked-in-yo since the late 90s it's really boring na talaga

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDNxkUiUws]Human VTEC Sound - YouTube[/ame]

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It is also rewarding to the driver if you are driving a good handling car. Even a cheap car can be fun to drive on the roads of Tanay. Even I had buckets of fun driving a stock Mitsubishi Mirage GLS.
    Even a bad handling car is fun in the twisties. I've brought our old L200 with dead brakes,slippery tires, and a really weak engine through Tanay. It's a different challenge - maintaining momentum, preventing the brakes from locking up, and getting the steering to work.

To me, Tanay is a place to have fun - regardless of the car.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Even a bad handling car is fun in the twisties. I've brought our old L200 with dead brakes,slippery tires, and a really weak engine through Tanay. It's a different challenge - maintaining momentum, preventing the brakes from locking up, and getting the steering to work.

To me, Tanay is a place to have fun - regardless of the car.
    Very good points! Sometimes, it actually feels like you are going faster in a cheaper or worse handling car (even though you are not). This can add to the fun nonetheless. Their limits are much easier to approach. At the same time, iba din when you bring a great handling car -- you get chance to feel the difference and appreciate the engineering.

Indeed this stretch of twisties is great to drive.

Pero ibang level ata when you bring an old L200 with poor brakes, worn tires and problematic steering! :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to go for fun runs there back in the late 90s to early 00s with the Nissan group. It's not HP but torque and a well-balanced chassis that makes these roads fun. I used to run these roads on a 2.7L diesel engine with less than 90hp and it would still hold my own against gasoline powered sedans (using wide, lower profile tires and stiffer gas shocks). I agree with GH on knowing your limits and keeping it simple. You'll be surprised that the best track times usually look boring on tape AFAIK, as compared to those balls-out, body rolling, rear sliding vids.

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i'm guessing you watched the latest initial d episode.:bwahaha:
    Hahaha... kinda like how people feel after watching F and F? :D

In the end, keep it safe. Bad trip mag tow ng kotse from there (Glennster and myself had to do that one time and it took us several hours to tow the car from Infanta to Laguna).
    Last edited by vinj; June 14th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12