New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    early this year there are cloud of rumors that kimi will don a red suit in 07,
    and it seems that it's becoming clearer and clearer...

i wish JPM should win more so that i'll see Connie Montoya on the screen he..he

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I tell you, it's a DEFENSIVE move by McLaren, because Raikkonen is bound to replace Schumacher at Ferrari in 2007. Mabilis ang pang-amoy nila.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I'm hearing rumours that Briatorre knew Alonso opted for McLaren and that he was
    powerless to stop the Spaniard since Renault's participation in F1 beyond 2006 is now
    in doubt because of conflicts with the FIA. (i.e. Renault is siding with Michelin and
    leaving F1 in disgust)

I think Alonso is just ensuring he has a racing seat with an enviable team
    beyond 2006. And since he couldnt stand being second dog to Schumacher
    I think the McLaren choice is but logical. Anyway his ripe for a change anyway
    since he already spent 5 seasons with Renault.

Also the deal cost McLaren 94 Million, Im not really sure how much is this
    spread over x number of years, but still Alonso got himself one heck of a
    deal. He must be smiling from ear to ear...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The rumors of Kimi's defection have been substantiated. He's definitely going red in 2007.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It's highly unlikely that Kimi and Fernando will be driving alongside the same Mercedes Benz. So now that Fernando's seat has been confirmed, we know now who will move out of McLaren in 2007.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I think it's Kimi. He's given his all this year and 2003 only to finish 2nd to drivers against whom he has better performance. It's about time Benz do their homework.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    Are you saying Ralf will be returning to Williams ????

My guess would be Kimi and Felipe on a Ferrari. Schumi will retire.
    Nahh.Remember Frank Williams' giant headache back then when ralf and JPM were teammates??

If its Kimi thats getting the boot, will JPM get along with alonso??Highly unlikely.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    JPM will not get along with anyone. Period.

In CART, while in Chip Ganassi Racing, JPM was cordial with Jimmy Vasser. JPM was the #1 driver of the team, dominating most of the wins for the team so IMO, he does not need to lock horns with Vasser. In JPM's mind, Vasser driving skills cannot match his' so no problem. When JPM moved to F1 with BMW Williams teams from 2001-2004, we all know that JPM and Schu Jr. were never in good terms even before they even met! JPM, the better driver of the two but by a slight margin only, is feeling pressured which explains his hostility and (probably) lack of teamwork. In 2005, JPM moves to McLaren, this time with a much better driver alongside him as his team mate, Kimi. JPM likes to lock horns with Kimi (in the background) by not being cooperative in their team efforts to defeat Renault. This was quite apparent in the last few races when JPM was really out of the championship and technically have nothing to lose by helping Kimi out.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Toyota keen on Raikkonen

Toyota are planning to offer Formula One driver Kimi Raikkonen a five year contract worth an estimated 100 million euros from 2007, German newspaper Bild reported on Sunday.

The Finn, who finished runner-up to Fernando Alonso this season after winning seven races, is contracted to McLaren until the end of 2006.

In October Raikkonen, 25, was forced to deny rumours that he had already agreed to replace dethroned champion Michael Schumacher at Ferrari at the end of next season.

Source AFP

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow! It looks like it could be a bidding war for the services of Kimi...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Alonso will join McLaren in 2007