New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The championship is in danger of being a sleep fest...

Press slam 'Bore-rain GP'

After all the pre-season expectation, the press wasted no time in slamming the new regulations which reduced the Bahrain Grand Prix to something of a procession.

Drivers and insiders are blaming the refuelling ban, with most cars adopting similar race strategies at the Sakhir circuit and then being unable to follow their rivals closely enough to overtake.

Red Bull's Mark Webber blamed the rule makers, asking scathingly: "Why do they keep dicking with it?" The Daily Telegraph's Kevin Garside agreed, arguing that Bahrain was a "warning of the dangers of tinkering beyond repair".

The Sun predictably slammed the 'Bore-rain GP', with the Daily Mail adding: "The FIA and teams must look at the problem urgently and see what can be tweaked. The sport is in danger of missing out on its greatest bonanza. There are four champions on the grid, all in competitive cars. The racing should be sparkling rather than as dry as the desert."

The most scathing criticism was in the Times

The foreign press was less vociferous in its condemnation, but even Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport - delighted with the Ferrari one-two - had to mention the lack of fizz. "Looking at it objectively, this new and highly anticipated F1 produced a rather boring race, with very few passes and most of the field bunched at the back. But Sakhir is an odd track. We'll see how the season unfolds."

France's L'Equipe said it was "unanimous" that Bahrain "was deadly dull", while Auto Hebdo insisted it is "too early to say" the new rules have failed, "but the lack of excitement did not go unnoticed".

Germany's Bild quoted Adrian Sutil's father Jorge as saying: "Next time I will take with me something to read."

Michael Schumacher and race winner Fernando Alonso predicted more of the same in 2010, and reigning world champion Jenson Button played down Alain Prost's claim that the new generation will adjust to the formula that was last in place 17 years ago.

"It's not like the old days," Button said. "We have so much more downforce. You could follow cars [back] then. You could slide up the inside. You could race. It's very different now."

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    What the heck happened to Kimi?

he switched his career towards WRC....I forgot what team though...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    Aaaagh. Maybe he got wind of how boring F1 in 2010 was going to be.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    he's driving for Citroën Junior Team.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Aaaagh. Maybe he got wind of how boring F1 in 2010 was going to be.
    Yup I think so too.... but I also have the feeling that he got scared of schumi....

Quote Originally Posted by overdrayv View Post
    he's driving for Citroën Junior Team.
    thanks for posting bro!

well, what can I say? I think the suit fits him....

but coming from being the f1's driver of the year to belonging to the less fortunate drivers of a lesser appreciated motorpsport....IMO its far too awkward...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    [quote=locoroco777;1436892]Yup I think so too.... but I also have the feeling that he got scared of schumi....

kimi transfered to WRC before schumi was even confirm as a driver for mercedez GP.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup I think so too.... but I also have the feeling that he got scared of schumi....

well, what can I say? I think the suit fits him....

but coming from being the f1's driver of the year to belonging to the less fortunate drivers of a lesser appreciated motorpsport....IMO its far too awkward...
    I agree. From being F1 champ to obscurity. Pity. I think the new F1 rules suit him better, since he's never had much luck in the pitstop department anyway.

Doesn't he look excited in the photo? Heheh

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    [quote=wilnor;1437035]
    kimi transfered to WRC before schumi was even confirm as a driver for mercedez GP.
    yes you are correct....but kimi being a ferrari driver at that time....wouldn't he be able to acquire some intel from inside the company wherein schumi is almost a major stock holder?

and BTW what I said in the above post is actually a joke...

I agree. From being F1 champ to obscurity. Pity. I think the new F1 rules suit him better, since he's never had much luck in the pitstop department anyway.

Doesn't he look excited in the photo? Heheh
    haven't read the rules yet.....I have yet to confirm...but since you've already mentioned something about luck in the pit stop..I believe you already...haha!

and yes he really looks excited....look how he puts his hand on the hood...treating it like J.Lo's butt...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The buzz is that Kimi is a driver-in-waiting for an F1 Red Bull ride next year...

9505:spam:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

The buzz is that Kimi is a driver-in-waiting for an F1 Red Bull ride next year...
    Red Bull rubbishes Raikkonen rumours

Red Bull boss Dietrich Mateschitz has denied rumours Kimi Raikkonen is in line for a race seat at his team in 2011.

Raikkonen left Ferrari last year and chose to take on a season in the World Rally Championship with the Red Bull-backed Citroen team. The move sparked rumours that he might return to F1 with Red Bull next year to replace Mark Webber, whose contract runs out in 2011. However, Mateschitz said that the story had been completely manufactured by the press.

"This is pure speculation, nothing more," Mateschitz told Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten. "We do not know what Kimi wants and will do in a year. We have a close relationship and this opens up speculation. But to say that Raikkonen drives in F1 for us in 2011 is dishonest. If Webber is fast and sufficiently motivated, we cannot thank him for his top performance by giving Raikkonen his cockpit."

Mateschitz also moved to dispel rumours that Red Bull's engine manufacturer Renault, which sold off the majority of its F1 operation to investment company Genii this winter, will become a works partner.

"I doubt it, because I suspect Renault does not intend to be in Formula One for so long," he said. "That Renault does not have a long-term connection is, for us, a little bit of an uncertainty."

He also said that he expects his team to fight for the title this year after it finished runner-up in 2009.
    en.espnf1.com
    Last edited by overdrayv; March 17th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
2010 FIA F1 World Championship Entry List