New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    On a side note, after the race although Schumacher was very happy for his teammate Massa, you could plainly see the dissapointment in his eyes.
    And a bitter-sweet win for FM. You can see this from his actions during the awarding and the interview. He said before that he is there to support MS, as he-FM- has no chance for the driver's championship, and Ferrari. It could have been a reversal of role for him and MS, were if not for him taking the pole during the last stage of qualifying....

Ferrari did what they can, given the situation, on the first pit stop,- quickly service FM's car and add a few more petrol on MS's car (vs. FA),- but MS failed to deliver the goods for this strategy during the second pit stop.

Not to take anything from FM,- he deserved to win last night.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    bobo talaga... late deployment ng SC

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kaya pa ni Schumy at ng Ferrari yan...4 races to go. But not to take anything away from Alonso, he drove splendidly yesterday also.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I agree with mazdamazda, this goes to show how good Alonso is, despite the disadvantages he had. To note: Schumi kept catching up with him in the slow corners. That means the lack of mass dampers does have a drastic effect on the car, as Giancarlo's no-show in the race clearly shows.

This will be a race down to the wire, and with Alonso's steadiness and grace under pressure, it will be hard for Schumi, but Ferrari seems set to win back the constructor's crown.

And again, go Jenson!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Mas maganda sana kung naka overtake si Schumi at least closer ang laban for next races

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    is it me or parang di magaling pumili ng scenes yung race director last night. parang di sya agad nagfofocus sa key car battles ng race. may topak pa yung timing screen di tuloy makita agad kung gaano na kalaki lead ni FM kay FA at kay MS.

sobrang kawawa si MS after ng safety car. the only strategy i can think of that could have worked for him was for ferrari to keep massa on the track while schumi dived into the pits first. pero sobrang sacrificial lamb role ni massa dun sa setup na yun.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sobrang kawawa si MS after ng safety car. the only strategy i can think of that could have worked for him was for ferrari to keep massa on the track while schumi dived into the pits first. pero sobrang sacrificial lamb role ni massa dun sa setup na yun.
    It would have worked but I guess It would be an unpopular move, Seeing as it is quite obvious that they were favoring MS over Massa.

On a technical note I find it fascinating how Schumi's driving habits differ from Alonso. Did you guys notice when both the Brake and Throttle indicators were shown on TV that on exits to the apexes of corners after the Initial brake that Schumi would "blip" his throttle (i.e. the Throttle bar graph would go up and down in rapid succession) while Alonso just plain floored it?

I wonder how that affects both driver's cornering speed. Did MS simply did that out of habit or was he conserving his engines??

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I agree with mazdamazda, this goes to show how good Alonso is, despite the disadvantages he had. To note: Schumi kept catching up with him in the slow corners. That means the lack of mass dampers does have a drastic effect on the car, as Giancarlo's no-show in the race clearly shows.
    I may also add that Ferraris are proven to have better brakes thatn the rest of the field... IMHO even though I'm a Mclaren fan...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup... the Ferraris does have better brakes... you can see how Schumi catches up with Alonso after braking in from the long straights.

though the Renaults are quicker off the slower turns.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    as Giancarlo's no-show in the race clearly shows.
    maganda naman tinakbo ni Giancarlo sa race ah. coming from dead last to finish

6th.. that's good enough for me given the circumstances of the race.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2006 Turkish GP