New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kubica was just awesome! BMW-Sauber must be thinking... "Why the heck didn't we get rid of JV at the start of the season."

He raced side by side with Alonso in the pits, was able to duck out of the blown Renault's oil spill, and keeping Massa at bay for most of the race.

What a same for Heidfeld, he was in front of Alonso coming out of the pits when he incurred a drive-through penalty for pitlane overspeeding.

===

As always - good pitstop strategy from Ferrari as they were able to bring the Schumi in front of Kimi after the last pitstop.

===

Good drive from Alonso - though it seems that he pushed that car too hard. It was ages since I've seen a blown Renault engine.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    The director of the race show should be shot dead. Ampangit talaga. Key action scenes was brewing up on the tube sabay pan to the boring pitstop of Barichello. Daming action scenes na lousy ang sequencing. Sabay ang daming "snapshots", scenes that only took less that 1 second to show.

Sayang. Medyo action packed pa man din sya.

I think it's the race producer's call.... puro RED car ang shots ng camera, mas marami ng camera exposure kay massa.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sorry to be a party-pooper. I am happy for Schumacher and all, seeing as its his 90 race win since
    he started his career. But watching the show and race, I have the feeling that it was all staged and
    made up. I mean whats up win penalizing Alonso to 10th place? Is FIA and Ferrari so scared
    that he'd mess up the grand party for Schumacher at the last minute?

I just can't believe all the events that transpired to give Schumacher his latest win.

1. Monza, home crowd victory. Schumacher has to win here so that his retirement announcement
    will be even more dramatic.

2. Eliminate the party spoiler. Renault was competitive during qualifying so just to be doubly sure Alonso
    doesnt mess up the show he was relegated to 10th place by FIA stewards on grounds so dubious and
    suspicious as to be utterly laughable. (He was nowhere near blocking Massa's qualifying run. Even the
    announcers said that).

3. Now come the clincher. Dont you find it equally funny how Raikkonen just suddenly goes from
    1st to 2nd on the final pit-stop?. The same guy going to Ferrari next year and undoubtedly having the fattest
    contract of all? I used to admire the guy, but now I think he's a sell-out.

So to sum up, I am happy for Schumacher's win, but they could at least made his win, above board and
    sporting. But I guess thats too much to ask for the FIA-Bernie Ecclestone-Ferrari consortium.

Now when everyone looks back at this event with nostalgia, I would look back and see something different
    and would imagine how dangeruosly close Formula 1 is to becoming like that other laughable "sport" -
    proffessional wrestling.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first time ko manood ng full race ng formula one last night and it was exciting pala. i feel sorry for alonso and the renault team.
    Schumacher is the man talaga.
    sayang hindi ako nakapusta kagabi, may pustahan kasi before the race na mag-announce na siya ng retirement after the race.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    terrific farewell race ni schumi sa monza. in style talaga.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101 View Post
    3. Now come the clincher. Dont you find it equally funny how Raikkonen just suddenly goes from
    1st to 2nd on the final pit-stop?. The same guy going to Ferrari next year and undoubtedly having the fattest
    you got it wrong sir. Kimi was ahead of MS prior to the first pit stop. Kimi pitted first then MS next after a blistering in-lap. MS came out just ahead of Kimi. MS was ahead of Kimi prior to the final pit stop. Kimi went to the pits first then MS went in also after a lap. MS then came out ahead again of Kimi. the McLaren of Kimi was simply out classed by the Ferrari of MS.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hehehe conclusions conclusions :-)
    baka dun sa replay 1st talaga si Kimi all the way

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    kung hindi lang nadisgrasya yung drive ni Schumi sa Hungarian GP lamang na siguro sya
    kung hindi nagfail engine ni alonso sa monza lamang pa siguro sya.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    2. Eliminate the party spoiler. Renault was competitive during qualifying so just to be doubly sure Alonso
    doesnt mess up the show he was relegated to 10th place by FIA stewards on grounds so dubious and
    suspicious as to be utterly laughable. (He was nowhere near blocking Massa's qualifying run. Even the
    announcers said that).
    agree with you here. what the hell were the stewards thinking? alonso couldn't have blocked massa because alonso was flat out in his warm-up lap and in his flying lap just to post a better timed lap in the 3rd qualifying session. in fact, halos buzzer beater pa nga ang ginawa ni alonso, crossing the finish line with just 2 seconds to spare.

pathetic tong pangyayaring ito. alonso was cheated.

don't agree with this. i think raikkonen was flat out during the entire race. ferrari was just a little bit superior than the mclaren. And MS passed raikkonen during the first pitstops, not the second one.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    don't agree with this. i think raikkonen was flat out during the entire race. ferrari was just a little bit superior than the mclaren. And MS passed raikkonen during the first pitstops, not the second one.
    Sorry bout that, I made a mistake on the details but you still wouldnt
    convince me that farce I just saw was a race.

Nobody seems to be complaining (least of all the FIA stewards) when in
    qualifying, Schumacher forced Alonso on to the chicane when he braked
    early on the first turn. If you're going to penalize anybody, penalize that.

Good riddance Schumacher, at least when youre gone, I'm praying some
    form of decency and fair play would return to formula 1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2006 Italian GP