New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    I didn't quite see how Alonso "overtook" Fisichella. I remember Trulli harassing Alonso but couldn't quite figure out how he managed to overtake Fisichella. Team orders?
    I think the proper term is "team strategy". Everytime we use the term "team orders", somehow it totally spoils the game. In a tag-team, somebody has to play a supporting role and we know that and expect that to happen. Fisichella could have deliberately slowed down on his own personal choice as a supportive teammate to allow Alonso to pass through and preserve his points. Just like Massa has told the press that he is willing to block the Renaults and McLarens in order for Schumi to turbo boost ahead of everyone.

Pag "team orders" kasi, it's like you are being ordered to do something against your own will. Perhaps Fisi was happy to help his teammate any way he can.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regardless if it is "team orders" or the politically-correct term "team strategy" it is still one and the same.

I wonder why Ferrari was booed before when Barichello gave way to Schumi for the latter to maximize his championship points a few years ago - but Renault was able to get away with it yesterday.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You'd have to prove it first... and: Masyadong obvious yung kay Schumi, considering Barrichelo gave way for first place. Other versions of team-orders/strategy are not so obvious, like the half-second too-long pitstop, the "my-tires-are-shot-so-I-can't-lap-so-fast-while-my-teammate-is-in-the-pits" strategy and the "oops-my-stupid-mistake" strategy.

Shucks, I missed this one again. When's the replay?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    One Word to describe Ferrari's Race - DOMINANT.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Watched the replay... still didn't catch the part where Alonso passed Fisichella. But from the way they were driving, it's possible that Fisi committed a mistake that allowed Alonso past... You could still see "team strategy" at work, as when Alonso lost it at one point, Fisi slowed down to let him rejoin. I doubt there will be any protests over that, as it's so far back from the podium, and both drivers were struggling with their cars.

Looks like this season will go down to the wire. Hope Renault finds their pace again after the next race.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's also interesting is the pace of the McLarens & Hondas. Too bad that Kimi ran into some pitstop problems.

Even the Williams are now back in good form and would have even placed here than the Renaults if not for Webber's retirement.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oo nga, Kawawa talaga si Webber sa race na yan... to come so close...

Anyway, this is shaping up to be a very interesting season...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    You'd have to prove it first... and: Masyadong obvious yung kay Schumi, considering Barrichelo gave way for first place. Other versions of team-orders/strategy are not so obvious, like the half-second too-long pitstop, the "my-tires-are-shot-so-I-can't-lap-so-fast-while-my-teammate-is-in-the-pits" strategy and the "oops-my-stupid-mistake" strategy.

Shucks, I missed this one again. When's the replay?
    amen.

garapalan yung ginawa ng Ferrari. buti yung ibang teams marunong dumiskarte.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm not sure why there are people who still cannot get it over with trying to look for so-called "team orders/team strategy" in every race so they can get themselves pissed off. Especially during the part of the season when Fisi or Massa has no chance or whatsoever in winning the championship. Does anyone honestly believe that a team principal will allow teammates to race each other and spoil the guy who has a much better chance of becoming champion?

Complaining about team "orders" in F1 is like complaining that Batista did not really punch his opponent in the face. It's part of the game, man. And it's understandable why. Unless you pair two star drivers having matching salaries on the same team. If you can't live with it, then there are other races going on around the world from LeMans to Nascar that you can choose to watch instead.

The difference between team orders and team strategy is that the first one you are being ordered by your boss to let your team mate win. Team strategy is when you are low on points but your partner is close to winning the crown in a close race with an opposing team, so why race your teammate?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    I'm not sure why there are people who still cannot get it over with trying to look for so-called "team orders/team strategy" in every race so they can get themselves pissed off. Especially during the part of the season when Fisi or Massa has no chance or whatsoever in winning the championship. Does anyone honestly believe that a team principal will allow teammates to race each other and spoil the guy who has a much better chance of becoming champion?

Complaining about team "orders" in F1 is like complaining that Batista did not really punch his opponent in the face. It's part of the game, man. And it's understandable why. Unless you pair two star drivers having matching salaries on the same team. If you can't live with it, then there are other races going on around the world from LeMans to Nascar that you can choose to watch instead.

The difference between team orders and team strategy is that the first one you are being ordered by your boss to let your team mate win. Team strategy is when you are low on points but your partner is close to winning the crown in a close race with an opposing team, so why race your teammate?
    nicely said! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2006 F1 German GP