New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i guess 'team orders' is kinda like what happens in the Tour de France. kung isa ka sa mga leader, isandamukal na resbak ang kasama mo sa pamimisikleta. i believe that they are allowed to block, draft, and otherwise protect their team leader (although i don't believe na pwede mong tadyakan yung opposing team members :lol: )

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Now that Hockenheim is done, it would be interesting to watch the race at Hungaroring. Qualifiying : August 5, 8PM --- Race : August 6, 8PM.

Renault is bringing back their mass dampers (speculative improvement in laptime by about 0.2sec), and their old rear suspension to minimize tire blistering. Both of which affected their race last weekend.

We'll see how the teams will perform this time.... Mclaren, Honda, Toyota and BMW are getting stronger, too!

Definitely, Ferrari is back to its winning form...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'd love to see Schumi win Championship again. :D

Alonso is too boastful. Nakakainis.

Mas gusto ko si Schumi, maloko pero humble. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Schumi? Humble? Errrh? He may be deferential and soft spoken in front of the cameras, but like another never-say-die sports hero, Michael Jordan, he's an absolutely aggressive, no holds barred, take no prisoners kind of person when it comes down to the wire.

In other words, there are times when either of the two can be absolute a**holes during a game or race. Makes them fun to watch, though...

RE: Team Orders... well said, BoyFerrari. It's part of the game... but there are forms and rules you have to follow, and one unwritten rule is that it shouldn't ruin people's enjoyment of the race. That's why NASCAR (unquestionably some of the most boring three or so hours on TV, anywhere... except for the last five laps) is still so popular, because they make sure that even such strategies are featured as a vital part of racing.

Of course, you can't do a "draft-push" (second car drafts first car, gains speed, bumps and pushes first car to make it go faster, making second car faster, etcetera, etcetera... both drivers need to agree on it for it to work) in an F1 on a twisting circuit like you can do on a big oval in NASCAR.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Schumi? Humble? Errrh? He may be deferential and soft spoken in front of the cameras, but like another never-say-die sports hero, Michael Jordan, he's an absolutely aggressive, no holds barred, take no prisoners kind of person when it comes down to the wire.
    as every winner should be :D

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    RE: Team Orders... well said, BoyFerrari. It's part of the game... but there are forms and rules you have to follow, and one unwritten rule is that it shouldn't ruin people's enjoyment of the race.
    At this point in the season, I think it makes perfect sense that Fisi should catapult his defending champion teammate up the points ladder and prevent Michael Schumacher to close the gap. It's a tag team plot that is no secret by this time. I would be quite disappointed if Fisi insisted to pursue his self-interest and race Alonso for a GP win or points. There are people who enjoy shootouts even between teammates. But this is not the time to do it. I don't think Fisi would want to destroy his reputation by blocking Alonso and earn the wrath of hundreds of thousands of Alonso fans out there. That's how tag team works in F1. It's been like that for a long time now.

On Fisi's side, he should have performed better in the early part of the season and earn enough points to be in contention for the world title so that he can legitimately earn his right to race his teammate even during these stages in the race. However, he faltered. Alonso even mentioned in his interviews that unlike Ferrari, he often "races alone". Meaning, Fisi is not driving well enough to contribute in the Constructors Championship. So at this point in time, it makes perfect sense for Fisi to support Alonso rather than race him for selfish points.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    For once I agree with you wholeheartedly. And its not like Fisi was giving way to Alonso when they are 1 - 2 respectively. I think 5th and 6th positions wouldnt make much of a difference no matter what Fisi finally did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2006 F1 German GP