New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    yah. 993 is fast specially our turbo that im using we upgraded the mircochip.
    we have a 450hp. you can only upgrade the 1997-1998 version not the 96. but if your going to used it regularly maybe the 997 is the car for you. for my owned comparison 997 is more better. pero sa porma syempre sa 993 ako. dito sa SF pag gamit ko yung 997 hindi ako masyadong napapansin kasi marami na ring may 997 dito. pero pag 993 head turning talaga. pero pag dating naman sa suv syempre sa cayenne ako. iba talga hatak.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    bro, check this out: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61689 500 horses! Wow!!!

Any good 993s or 997s for sale in your area? So '97-98 pala ang maganda model because it is chip upgradeable? PGA is currently selling a '95 993 here btw.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    yah 97-98 is a good year for the Porsche 993.
    you can upgrade it thru 650hp. but you need to upgrade yung ibang parts. like yung spoiler, fan, at iba pa. magigng turbo S natawag dun.
    maraming for sale na 993 dito. ok dito kumuha ng kotse sa CA kasi hindi nag ice dito. kasi yun ang one of the fear ng mga nag porsche dito yung ice. nakakasira ng kotse. specially sa area namin. there will be a car show dito sa lugar namin so ill keep you posted.\

How much yung Porsche 993 sa PGA?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *huggsandkisses:
    I met this young guy who's business is into car importation. He regularly get's his cars from Japan and in the US. I was told that there are three ways one could get hold of a 993 (or other cars for that matter) in Japan. One is a direct buy from the owner, 2nd is to get it from a car exchange dealer and third, and this is interesting, from a car auction! Yes, they auction out cars in Japan like anything. No wonder the car exchange dealers here in Manila are flooded with Boxsters and 996s. Some on display are still in very good condition unbelievably priced at around 30-60% cheaper compared to those that were acquired locally (PGA).

These cars land in Port Irene. You automatically get the local LTO Cagayan "B" plate if you register it there. Manila plates are also available for a premium (of course!) via Diliman. Who goes for Manila plates nowadays anyway?? That would set you back around P100Ks. Aray!!!

This same guy also told me that if I really want to get it cheaper, I should go to Ebay and bid for that 1997 Seinfeld owned 993TT or the one previously owned by ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman (baka me katas pa ni Madonna at Elektra yan... even Michael Jackson maybe, hehe). Seriously, they are a lot cheaper than the ones being auctioned off in Japan. It goes through the same process (maybe slightly different) and also lands in Port Irene.

I will let you know what happens bro. 993TTs in the US are the way to go! Kitakits tayo dyan next month.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    oh ic. but sabi ng mga friends ko dyan. Wala daw kwenta (excuse po sa inyo)yung mga Porsche sa subic. Hindi kasi alam kung ano ang history ng mga porsche not like here sa US. you can order a Carfax, you can see the history of the car, specially yung mga record ng maintenance ng mga kotse dito tinatago para if ever they will sell it they have a prof na ok yung kotse.
    thats what they said.
    this oct 18 there will be a car show here in our place, sali ko toh. hahahha

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hugandkisses View Post
    oh ic. but sabi ng mga friends ko dyan. Wala daw kwenta (excuse po sa inyo)yung mga Porsche sa subic. Hindi kasi alam kung ano ang history ng mga porsche not like here sa US. you can order a Carfax, you can see the history of the car, specially yung mga record ng maintenance ng mga kotse dito tinatago para if ever they will sell it they have a prof na ok yung kotse.
    thats what they said.
    this oct 18 there will be a car show here in our place, sali ko toh. hahahha
    Long time no hear bud! How was the show? Nanalo ba entry mo? My EDA in the US is on the 8th baka gusto mo magkita. PM me your contact number.

By the way, I found my 993 already! I hope I could ship it out on or before the 22nd.

Check it out:

Ang kinis!

It's a '96: 1st-owned, full-options, no-accidents nor restorations, low mileage, complete with maintenance records and accessories.

I hope it's as good as how it looks like in the pics. Engine compression and leak-tests were done.. engine scanning results are all ok naman. All electrical components are also working fine: wipers, sunroof, power windows, a/c, abs, etc.

Wish me luck...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Wow,nice ride bro.how much is it including taxes and shipment?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by softop View Post

" When we hear the word Porsche, three adjectives immediately spring to mind: air-cooled, rear-engined, and flat-six. With the advent of the latest Porsche products, each of these trademark characteristics has come under assault. Noise and emissions regulations have led to water-cooled engines, the Boxster has its engine in the middle of the chassis, and the upcoming Cayenne will be powered by a V8 engine. Hey, the Cayenne is even an SUV, for crying out loud! To those who might wonder what a Porsche truly is, to what the brand really stands for, they should go back in time, just a few years to the last of the true Porsches, the previous 911, codenamed 993. "

"This is obviously not a car for the timid. Its controls, behavior and capabilities require one's full attention. For some, it might be too uncompromising, and there lies the true beauty of this car. Indeed, this car has successors, but no true replacement. The spirit of the company lives on in other models, but the 993 is a true Porsche in both body and soul. It's the unadulterated incarnation of the Porsche philosophy and that alone may never be recreated." -Jason Ang

Leaves me breathless...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Sorry for OT mga sir! I’m really interested to find out the process and also a recommended ‘shipper/freight’ to transport my car to the Manila. I’m hoping you can share you experience or process to import your car here from the US to Manila. I’ll be moving to PI this year and would really like to take my toy with me.

Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    im in the market for a 993 turbo or a 996. can anyone lead me in the right direction. Are B plates 'sitahin' here in Manila?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
whats the problem with 911 from Subic/Port Irene?