New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I really want the look of the 993, (plus I have no budget for a 997) but majority of the 993 for sale comes from Subic/ Port Irene. Is this a bad thing? I hope someone here can confirm/deny this. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by euro95 View Post
    I really want the look of the 993, (plus I have no budget for a 997) but majority of the 993 for sale comes from Subic/ Port Irene. Is this a bad thing? I hope someone here can confirm/deny this. Thanks!
    Hey you know what? We are in the same boat. Why don't you visit BC Cars inside Automoville? I spoke with the owner...nice guy. He kinda educated me about the porsches on display there. You are dead right about the 993s! One ***y car bro! He has one on display with only 8k kms on the odo priced at P3.3M! I said what?? It's not even a turbo version! But checking the going prices of 993s in the US market today, I would like to think that at that price, it's already very reasonable.

Going back to your question... I'm not sure bro. The only problem I have at the moment is how to deal with the authenticity of its records/history. Unlike in the US wherein you may order a CARFax report to determine it's history of ownership/s, accidents, detailed service history and even the last odometer reading.

Dito, trust na lang kung ano sabi ng seller... my 2 cents

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    the 3.1M is a bit higher, meron ka ma kukuha dito sa state around 1.2M. but swempre double the tax. Just for some information, Porsche 993 came up around 1995 to 1998 ( last aircooled porsche) they ony come up a Turbo version around 1996, but the problem with the '96 model yung mircochip nya is not upgradeable. (1997,1998 upgradeable) last year we bought a 1995 Porsche 993 dito sa States, but our tito wanted it badly so benta namin sa kanya. then dinala nya dyan sa manila. its a Red converible with 19' Ruf wheel, turbo s wings, turbo s front bumber, upgrade suspension, over sa loaded nung kotse na yun. for sure nasa car show na rin yun, but we bought a Porsche 993 twin turbo. and were very happy sa performance. We traded this one to our 997 carrera S convertible. we bought the 993 turbo around $69.000 so almost ganoon na rin nung 993 na for sale dyan sa pinas

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hugandkisses View Post
    the 3.1M is a bit higher, meron ka ma kukuha dito sa state around 1.2M. but swempre double the tax. Just for some information, Porsche 993 came up around 1995 to 1998 ( last aircooled porsche) they ony come up a Turbo version around 1996, but the problem with the '96 model yung mircochip nya is not upgradeable. (1997,1998 upgradeable) last year we bought a 1995 Porsche 993 dito sa States, but our tito wanted it badly so benta namin sa kanya. then dinala nya dyan sa manila. its a Red converible with 19' Ruf wheel, turbo s wings, turbo s front bumber, upgrade suspension, over sa loaded nung kotse na yun. for sure nasa car show na rin yun, but we bought a Porsche 993 twin turbo. and were very happy sa performance. We traded this one to our 997 carrera S convertible. we bought the 993 turbo around $69.000 so almost ganoon na rin nung 993 na for sale dyan sa pinas
    hi there. where in the US are you from? Post pics naman of your twin turbo 993. I'm talking to a customs guy here in manila. it might come out cheaper if I make parating the car myself. If you see any good 993s for sale in your area kindly PM it to me. Ang ganda dyan sa US. Order ka lang ng Carfax alam mo na agad ang history nung sasakyan.

Thank you.

By the way, I saw one 997 carrera S for sale in the Bay area with less than 10k miles traveled. Mas mura pa sya kesa sa turbo 993... iba talaga ang 993!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    im from the bay area.
    here's the one we sold (red carrera 993 95')

here's our new 993 twin turbo turbo.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    im from the bay area.
    here's the one we sold (red carrera 993 95')

here's our new 993 twin turbo turbo.

WoWowoooow! These pics says it all why the 993s are starting to become a collector's item. Twin turbo? That is definitely rare here in Manila. Would you know the going price of twin turbos in your area? Is it in anyway more complicated to maintain compared to a 993 turbo?

By the way, is a 993 turbo different from a 993 twin turbo? Thanks!

Another thing, are the cars (997 and the cayenne) in the pics yours as well?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Twin turbo and turbo are similar. This is not an everday car bcause the maintenance is very expensive here. The labor is more expensive. Love driving it specialy in freway it will kick you out. Very very fast. The 997 in picture is already traded with the 997 carrera s convertible. The cayenne s is our everyday car. We really love Porsche specialy is very unique car for us. The red carrera is already there in Manila uncle from alabang bought it. I really love that red Porsche, loaded with all upgrade specialy love the color. If you guys need more info about some Porsche model it's free to ask me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Twin turbo and turbo are similar. This is not an everday car bcause the maintenance is very expensive here. The labor is more expensive. Love driving it specialy in freway it will kick you out. Very very fast. The 997 in picture is already traded with the 997 carrera s convertible. The cayenne s is our everyday car. We really love Porsche specialy is very unique car for us. The red carrera is already there in Manila uncle from alabang bought it. I really love that red Porsche, loaded with all upgrade specialy love the color. If you guys need more info about some Porsche model it's free to ask me.
    Oh, I see..

I'm also from Alabang bro. Could you PM me how and how much your uncle paid for the taxes and everything to bring in his 993? I have a very good mechanic who's taking care of my bimmers and just recently, a T5 V50 that my wife uses to drive my son to school. He knows pretty well how to maintain the 993 line.

If the cost of a 997 Carrera S and a 993 turbo in the US are about the same... I'd be honest to say that I would go for the 997 for practical reasons. It's just that you know, when 993 owners start talking about its performance, it's shape, it being the last of the air-cooled engines of porsches and stuff, nakaka-ingit. Their passion for this car is so damn huge bro. Mas mahal na nga nila kesa asawa at girlfriends nila.

Thank you. I'm learning...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i dont know how much is the tax. but to import it cost $2500. \

actually the ride off a 997 is much better than the 993. is your going to buy between the two and your going to use it everytime well ill go to 997 but if your going to have a head turning car. 993 turbo is for you. porsche is not hard to maintained. you just need a battery maintainer para parating madaling start kung hindi ginagamit. we also have a BMW 650i. we like to drive it every time. pero mahirap kasi lahat electronics.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i dont know how much is the tax. but to import it cost $2500.

actually the ride off a 997 is much better than the 993. is your going to buy between the two and your going to use it everytime well ill go to 997 but if your going to have a head turning car. 993 turbo is for you. porsche is not hard to maintained. you just need a battery maintainer para parating madaling start kung hindi ginagamit. we also have a BMW 650i. we like to drive it every time. pero mahirap kasi lahat electronics.
    Hey, I was in subic last friday. I asked around and got to speak with a customs officer on-duty. Everything "legal", the customs guy said I would have to shell out PhP2.150M to bring in a used 997 (non-turbo) here in Manila. (AVT) Ad Valorem Tax and (VAT) Value Added Tax sum up to a whopping PhP1.5M already... It is still cheaper by around PhP500k when I compared it to the used certified porsches being sold here. Not much eh? But according to this guy, there are "creative" alternatives that we could consider choosing from... only problem now is the (LTO) Land Transportation Office. I haven't gotten any quotes from them. Baka mura nga yung alternatives, mahal naman yung sa LTO.

I'll keep you posted. I couldn't help but say "it's a B-E-A-U-T-Y!!!" whenever I see a 993. I saw one along NLEX (northbound) last friday... Booooom! it was gone in a split second!... Hyup!

Someday bro... someday...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
whats the problem with 911 from Subic/Port Irene?