New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    may available lot pa ba? hehehe..

hey guys.. binebenta ko boto ko any politician around here who want my vote?
    Si QC, gagawa ng condos for squatters near Payatas, palista ka dun pards. Invite mo lang kami sa housewarming riot.

Takbo na rin si kaya Wilfredo Torres for QC Mayor. :D

Wifey has a batchmate back in the province who got kicked out from school, and is now a councilor (since her dad was a Board Member or something). Mostly pa-sosyal ipinopost sa FB pero obobs naman.

Politician as a public servant???? WTF, NOOOT.

Yes, who protects the people from the gov't? I wouldnt mind taxes if we would really see that it goes to the benefit of ALL and not just to the pockets of those who control it. My relatives in Canada don't complain of the heavy taxes since they really benefit from it.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Wifey has a batchmate back in the province who got kicked out from school, and is now a councilor (since her dad was a Board Member or something). Mostly pa-sosyal ipinopost sa FB pero obobs naman.
    many people are joining the club but skip the refining process of breeding

they only attain financial means (usually shady) to join the club

they're able to acquire superficial stuff (cars, things, fashion etc) but lack refinement (jologs ang ugali)

easy to spot people like that

they're the ones who are very conscious of superficial things

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Sipsip kasi yan si lagman sa mga squatter. Pag may patay andyan sya. Kung wala man, mga mga tents na may pangalan nya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    many people are joining the club but skip the refining process of breeding

they attain financial means (usually shady) to join the club

they're able to acquire superficial stuff (cars, things, fashion etc) but lack the refinement (jologs ang ugali)

easy to spot people like that

Right on the dot. As always said on this board, money can't buy class.

Although we're not really friends with that particular person, she added up my wife on FB (pangdagdag kaibigan) and we don't remove her since it is quite amusing seeing her posts (last Christmas, she just had to post their Christmas tree with all the branded shopping bags at the bottom... familiar isn't it?)... All i can say is, classic politico; Never worked hard for her money (or daddy's money) so spending and flaunting it is quite easy. Irony of it all, she'll also post her supposed "outreach projects" pakain, etc. (which are lame projects if you ask me) on FB.

I wonder what QC will do next. Tax for squatter's cellphone load perhaps? They may as well burn down the ROD as well and declare a free for all on all properties.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Sipsip kasi yan si lagman sa mga squatter. Pag may patay andyan sya. Kung wala man, mga mga tents na may pangalan nya.
    Syempre... and the tents will most likely be obstructing vehicular traffic.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I wonder what QC will do next. Tax for squatter's cellphone load perhaps? They may as well burn down the ROD as well and declare a free for all on all properties.
    Hehehe. Di na pwede. Computerized na ang RoD. Kahit masunog di na mawawalan ng records. hahaha. OT. Sorry.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    parasites ang mga politicians

they suck money from the private sector

when they need more money, they simply create new taxes and/or increase existing taxes

they come up with new regulations which produce violations which produce revenue

they say the govt protects citizens

yeah right

my question is who protects citizens from the govt?
    The State! Always and ever the government and its rulers and operators have been considered above the general moral law. The “Pentagon Papers” are only one recent instance among innumerable instances in history of men, most of whom are perfectly honorable in their private lives, who lie in their teeth before the public. Why? For “reasons of State.” Service to the State is supposed to excuse all actions that would be considered immoral or criminal if committed by “private” citizens. The distinctive feature of libertarians is that they coolly and uncompromisingly apply the general moral law to people acting in their roles as members of the State apparatus. Libertarians make no exceptions. For centuries, the State (or more strictly, individuals acting in their roles as “members of the government”) has cloaked its criminal activity in highsounding rhetoric. For centuries the State has committed mass murder and called it “war”; then ennobled the mass slaughter that “war” involves. For centuries the State has enslaved people into its armed battalions and called it “conscription” in the “national service.” For centuries the State has robbed people at bayonet point and called it “taxation.” In fact, if you wish to know how libertarians regard the State and any of its acts, simply think of the State as a criminal band, and all of the libertarian attitudes will logically fall into place.
    Let us consider, for example, what it is that sharply distinguishes government from all other organizations in society. Many political scientists and sociologists have blurred this vital distinction, and refer to all organizations and groups as hierarchical, structured, “governmental,” etc. Left-wing anarchists, for example, will oppose equally government and private organizations such as corporations on the ground that each is equally “elitist” and “coercive.” But the “rightist” libertarian is not opposed to inequality, and his concept of “coercion” applies only to the use of violence. The libertarian sees a crucial distinction between government, whether central, state, or local, and all other institutions in society. Or rather, two crucial distinctions. First, every other person or group receives its income by voluntary payment: either by voluntary contribution or gift (such as the local community chest or
    bridge club), or by voluntary purchase of its goods or services on the market (i.e., grocery store owner, baseball player, steel manufacturer, etc.). Only the government obtains its income by coercion and violence—i.e., by the direct threat of confiscation
    or imprisonment if payment is not forthcoming. This coerced levy is “taxation.” A second distinction is that, apart from criminal outlaws, only the government can use its funds to commit violence against its own or any other subjects; only
    the government can prohibit ****ography, compel a religious observance, or put people in jail for selling goods at a higher price than the government deems fit. Both distinctions, of course, can be summed up as: only the government, in society, is empowered to aggress against the property rights of its subjects, whether to extract revenue, to impose its moral code, or
    to kill those with whom it disagrees. Furthermore, any and all governments, even the least despotic, have always obtained the bulk of their income from the coercive taxing power. And historically, by far the overwhelming portion of all enslavement and murder in the history of the world has come from the hands of government. And since we have seen that the central thrust of the libertarian is to oppose all aggression against the rights of person and property, the libertarian necessarily opposes the institution of the State as the inherent and overwhelmingly the most important enemy of those precious rights.
    For a New Liberty - the Libertarian Manifesto by Murray N. Rothbard (pp 56-58)
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007

alin alin ang magkaiba

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We are not yet ready for that tax>>>squatter housing scheme....

14.2K:juggle:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Subsidized housing is a must. But, if you see your local government being extravagant with these "HB" posters, gate designs, basketball courts, waiting sheds and what not, then why should a local homeowner pay for this subsidized housing tax?

OT: I've always wondered what "HB" means in the Q.C. posters. Maybe it's Hepatitis B. haha.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Subsidized housing is a must. But, if you see your local government being extravagant with these "HB" posters, gate designs, basketball courts, waiting sheds and what not, then why should a local homeowner pay for this subsidized housing tax?

OT: I've always wondered what "HB" means in the Q.C. posters. Maybe it's Hepatitis B. haha.
    parang sa makati. ultimong island fence, may "B" (for Binay).
    diyan din pala sa QC, meron din. HB - herbert bautista?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
WTF... QC residents face new taxes for squatters' housing