New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    with a lot of dead bodies lying around, anybody coming upon that scene would know it to be the scene of a recent battle (however one-sided it was). any parent with their children in mind would think, "****, i dont want to expose my children to this more even if we're living in a war zone; who knows if there are still armed, hostile men left in the area."

That's the excuse of the Apache shooters. The shooters didn't have any justifiable reason on why they have to shoot the van and the rescuers as there was no visible weapon.

Hindi naman parang battlefield iyong situation wherein opposing combatants are visibly shooting at each other.
    battlefield exactly yung situation for the entire city. different groups were engaged not far from that location and they were trying to eliminate as much threat as possible.

i'm not saying the pilots were not at fault pero people seem to condemn the soldiers agad and forget the parent's idiocy in coming in to the scene with children on board.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's war

combatants and innocent people get killed

that's the way it is

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    with a lot of dead bodies lying around, anybody coming upon that scene would know it to be the scene of a recent battle (however one-sided it was). any parent with their children in mind would think, "****, i dont want to expose my children to this more even if we're living in a war zone; who knows if there are still armed, hostile men left in the area."

battlefield exactly yung situation for the entire city. different groups were engaged not far from that location and they were trying to eliminate as much threat as possible.

i'm not saying the pilots were not at fault pero people seem to condemn the soldiers agad and forget the parent's idiocy in coming in to the scene with children on board.
    Correct. The whole city was a war zone, but not every street was a battlefield. In this particular video, it was only the Apache hovering above the plaza and there were no US soldiers yet in the vicinity. The people in the van were trying to help a wounded person.

What others see as idiocy, others would see heroism.

Whichever, there is no VALID EXCUSE for the Apache to SHOOT DOWN the van and its idiotic rescuers.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    that leaked video was supposed to get the public outraged over US occupation of Iraq

but the public was too busy watching Dancing with the Stars, too busy with Facebook and Twitter

so nothing happened

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wikileaks has to come out with more shocking stuff

it takes way more to shock the public than videos of shootings and candid communications between diplomats

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thats the reality of war, read books and history so that you won't get too emotional when seeing things like this. I suggest WW2, Vietnam and Korean war books. Or better yet just read our daily news papers.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Rape of Nanking

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TaE0JnAV40"]YouTube - The Rape of Nanking - Japanese Holocaust[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I don't have to read books to see the reality of war or look beyond Mindanao as as my work regularly takes me to the war zones in Maguindanao.

But for your info, the latest book I listened to is the battle to control Fallujah in Iraq. You might want to 'read' this as well

http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/audiobook/...Bing.West.html

The reality of war is that more civilians are killed than combatants. This is why various international agreements/protocols of warfare have been made since WWII. But it doesn't mean this has to be acceptable.

The impunity as shown in the video is very disturbing to the point that even various US press and ordinary US citizens called for persecution of the shooters

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Go attack them if you have a problem with that video

After that, may you rest in peace

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    since you're up close to the atrocities in Maguindanao, why not channel your anger to what happened there?

obviously the Ampatuans have no idea about "international agreements/protocols of warfare have been made since WWII" (and it's not even war in Maguindanao, it's just a bunch of drunk-with-power bullies who think they're so untouchable they can get away with mass killing)

the impunity shown by the Ampatuans is also very disturbing

why hyperventilate over something that happened far away when you can hyperventilate over something that happened in your own backyard?
    Last edited by uls; December 18th, 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Wikileaks: Collateral Murder Video