New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got this from my yahoo groups email:

[SIZE="3"]Would like to share with you what we found out as the reason why cruise ships of the big cruise companies skip Manila .

My wife and I are regular cruisers and we always talk to the Filipino crew. When we took the 12-day Mediterranean cruise I asked the Pinoy waiters (because we are in a big group, we usually request for Pinoy waiters to be assigned to us) why all their Asian cruises skip Manila when they go to all the neighboring countries of the Philippines. Tanong ko bakit ba wala sa itinerary ninyo ang Manila .

Ang sagot sa akin: Noong una ho may cruises kami na humihinto sa Manila but masyadong hong matakaw ang mga taga Customs sa atin kaya ang management ho namin nag decide na skip na ang Manila.

When inspection time comes upon our arrival and departure, yung mga Customs inspectors ho kasama ang mga pamilya nila para kumain ng libre sa ship namin. Tapos bago mag bigay ng clearance para maka depart ang ship namin maraming hinihingi na sigarilyo at mga alak.. Sa Manila lang namin na experience ang ganoon kaya nahihiya ho kaming mga Pinoy dito sa ship. Sa ibang ports sa Asia wala hong nang hihingi.

The new cruise ships have an average of 2,000 to 3,000 passengers. Imagine the loss of tourism revenue for the Philippines because most cruise ships do not go to the Philippines. Pero paano mapapatino ang mga taga Customs kung ang mga taga Malacanang, Congreso, governors, mayors who should set good example sa government service pareho din nila at mas malaki pa ang kurakot?

comment: Sad, very sad

...Kaya walang progress and Pilipinas eh...[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nung mag-balikbayan ako sa pinas 3 years ago hinablot bigla ng inspector yung sunglasses ko mula sa bag, tapos sabi "boss, can I have this? or any loose change?(while pointing to a 100 dollar bill in the pocket of my bag)". Without me having said anything, He went on and took the hundred and as he was inserting it inside his shirt pocket, sabi ko "P*tang ina mo, Ibalik mo yan!". nataranta ang gago akala siguro foreigner ako.
    Last edited by Negus; September 28th, 2009 at 11:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hahaha

i'm sure the Filipino Can Motivational Speakers Association will come up with an inspiring message to address this issue

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    i think its not only filipino custom are matakaw..you include also indians..ive been traveling coast to coast around the world..but somehow when we have cargo loaded (LPG) deliver to the phil. before we arrive to the port or we are on berth...sobrang nakakahiya yung mga kababayan natin na custom..lahat ng makita kinukuha..alak,beer, canned foods di pinapalampas...lahat ng makita na pwede dalhin they usually take it..Onetime one of my Norwegian superior asked me..what happened to the Philippines why all of this people doing this?
    for me its just like degrading us..kami nalang nahihiya sa ginagawa ng mga kababayan natin na custom...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    This is just a saying when you board on a ship you know that you are approaching Manila when you see a lot of garbage in the sea . This is true and the government must do something with this it destroy our marine environment .

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    marina should follow like what US,implementing in there territorial waters..the vessel or person involve in throwing or discharging of oil in the sea must be subjected for imprisonment or revocation of license (vessel) and fines of 100,000-up depending on quantity being disposed.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    This is just a saying when you board on a ship you know that you are approaching Manila when you see a lot of garbage in the sea . This is true and the government must do something with this it destroy our marine environment .
    for us trading in foreign waters...we disposed our garbage properly..by incinerating it or disposed it on shore facilities..we strictly follow procedures and rules regarding garbage disposal. Plastics is prohibited to thrown overboard. Our used oils we usually incinerated it as compliance for international marine organization.

i don't know why this happening in our local shipping..coastguard and marina should take action in this matter..not only sitting.chatting..and waiting for salary to come with out doing something for good.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Tama ka Bro.. nakakahiya talaga.. as per yung mga kuwento ng mga nakaksama ko sa barko.. nakakahiya daw yung mga custom officials natin .. pati na rin immigration at yung mga ships chandler. kaya namamatay ang pag agsenso ng negosyo dito kasi kagagawan din ng mga kapwa pinoy eh.. mantakin mo ayaw kumuha ng supplies dito sa pinas yung mga barko kasi halos may mga kalokohan sa delivery.. yung mga frozen goods naman iniipit ng mga custom bago payagan maideliver sa barko hanggat sa pasira na. meron nakapagsabi sa akin halos yung provision ng barko na naideliver ay mga sira . pag tanggap kasi ng provision minsan deretso na sa meat room. kasi frozen naman pero yun mga meat na nadliver ay mabaho at halos di makain.. kaya sinunog na lang sa incinerator. kaya ayun halos wala ng gustong kumuha ng provision dito sa pinas. sa mga nag sa sign off naman kahit dito na sa pinas ayaw din ng company na magpasign off dito dahil sa mga customs at immigration din.. kaya nagrerequest sila na sa susunod na convenient port na lang sila mag sign off. hay sariling bayan ayw mag sign off dahil sa katiwalian

Ano kaya ang dapat gawin para maayos tong mga ugali natin na ganito at nakakahiya na talaga. saan mo isusumbong ang mga to e halos walang government institution na matino eh. wala pa akong napuntahan na government agency na aasikasuhin ka ng maayos at maayos yung mga lakaran. halos lahat pahirapan at palakasan or di ka pinapansinin pag simpleng mamayan ka lang.. hay Bayan kung pilipinas kailan aangat.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_akatsuke24 View Post
    i think its not only filipino custom are matakaw..you include also indians..ive been traveling coast to coast around the world..but somehow when we have cargo loaded (LPG) deliver to the phil. before we arrive to the port or we are on berth...sobrang nakakahiya yung mga kababayan natin na custom..lahat ng makita kinukuha..alak,beer, canned foods di pinapalampas...lahat ng makita na pwede dalhin they usually take it..Onetime one of my Norwegian superior asked me..what happened to the Philippines why all of this people doing this?
    for me its just like degrading us..kami nalang nahihiya sa ginagawa ng mga kababayan natin na custom...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the Filipino can

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    kelan kaya magkakaroon ng cruise ships dito sa pinas?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
"Why cruise ships skip manila!"