New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    I once went on an Asian cruise on Star Cruises. I talked to a crew member who turned out to be Indonesian. Tinagalog ko, thinking she was Pinoy. Aba, sinagot din ako in Tagalog. She told me that many Asians on their ship, Star Virgo yata yun, can actually speak Tagalog and that they use it as the common language among themselves, lalo na pag pinag-uusapan nila ang mga puti. She said that Tagalog is one of the easiest languages to learn and that the Thais, Malaysians and Indonesians have adopted it as their 3rd language after English on board the ship. It was such a heartwarming thing to find out.

Many years ago, I was assigned in Indonesia for a few months, and I was pleasantly surprised that some of my staff are "conversing with the locals" in just a matter of days... They told me that if you know ilocano or visayan dialect, then Bahasa is already a breeze because of some common words or phrases... Satu, duwa....

17.2K:type:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good news!!!

Luxury cruise ship now includes PH in travel route:boat:
    Luxury cruise ship now includes PH in travel route - Yahoo! News Philippines

totoo pala yun picture pinost sa facebook na my cruise ship nagpunta sa boracay kala ko edited...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
"Why cruise ships skip manila!"