New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Inexpensive in the Philippines? Traffic fines
    Here in the US, getting into a traffic violation (particularly DUI) will bring a person to a lot of mess.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Inexpensive in the Philippines? Traffic fines
    Here in the US, getting into a traffic violation (particularly DUI) will bring a person to a lot of mess.

Bribe? will bring you more a lot of mess.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
    What about the cost of Gym Membership & supplements? As compared here, are these things really cheaper in the US, UK, Singapore? Like would anyone know how much monthly membership dues are for a popular gym like Gold’s/Fitness First & ordinary gyms? Thanks.
    hey bro, Gym membership fees out here usually costs around $25-$45 per month. and thats for a popular Gym like 24 Hr. Fitness.

anywayz, back to the topic. for what I know, the cost of Automotive Repair & Maintenance Labor in the Philippines are waaay cheaper than here in the US.

like for example, my Labor rate for a "Basic" Engine Swap (stock engine w/ no modifications) usually costs around $800-$1,200. and for an "Advanced" Engine Swap (upgraded engines w/ modifications), my labor would be around $1,500-$1,700. and my labor for an Engine Build (not including the price of labor to take out an engine) is $500. and these are all LABOR ONLY prices.. this not include parts! hehehe.

now, I think in the Philippines, you can get alot of work to done to your car for $500?? (engine swap, suspension work, brakes, etc??) is that true?? and thats excluding parts of course.

aite, peace.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    haircut....... in japan the cheapest is 1,000yen. and may I add...pamasahe, bus and train mura talaga sa Pinas compare here.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the reply KBR, grabe mura pala gym membership dyan. Anyway sorry for the OT.

IMO college tuition fees are a bit cheaper here compared to US, UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore. And yet the quality of education that one can get especially from our top schools here are usually at par with the good ones abroad (one of the reasons why our engineers, teachers, nurses get hired easily by these countries).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
What is inexpensive here in the Philippines that is expensive in other countries?