New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    This is the problem. You made poor and erroneous conclusions. And you keep on jumping on wrong conclusions based on limited facts that you present.

I suggest read the article and thread carefully and stop making poor generalizations.

This is a hasty generalization....you are trivializing the problem....
    This is the problem. You made a poor and erroneous conclusion. And kept jumping on the wrong conclusions based on the limited facts that you have presented.

I suggest that you carefully read the article and thread and to stop making poor generalizations.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i have no idea where this thread is going.

but i agree that UP does not distinguish between rich and poor students.

the heart of the problem is the sordid state of the country's public education system where brilliant students are the exception and no longer the rule.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    double post.
    Last edited by morrissey_05; August 6th, 2008 at 11:02 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Here's a link on how your UPCAT is assessed. If the thread starter has other questions on how the scores are processed, he should try to contact UP.

http://upcat.up.edu.ph/htmls/aboutupcat.html

Moreover the admission criteria in PUP,

http://www.pup.edu.ph/admissions/criteria.asp

*fourtheboys96,

Yes, UP gives "more points" to students who are from public schools, low income families, ethnic groups, and far flung provinces.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    This is the problem. You made a poor and erroneous conclusion. And kept jumping on the wrong conclusions based on the limited facts that you have presented.

I suggest that you carefully read the article and thread and to stop making poor generalizations.

ah yes...you should keep on reminding yourself with this so that you will not commit the same mistakes..
    Last edited by jpdm; August 6th, 2008 at 10:34 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    OT:
    * jpdm,

i guess what you need to do is get hold of the actual report so we can make better conclusions. di ba?
    Last edited by A121; August 6th, 2008 at 11:19 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    OT:
    * jpdm,

i guess what you need to do is get hold of the actual report so we can make better conclusions. di ba?
    Sabagay.cge.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'm not sure if this is out of topic bacause I'm one of the parents with children studying in UP, who were greatly affected by the recent tuition & misc fees increase. That tuition increase sa PUP was rolled back, bakit hindi ginawa sa UP? Cheaper pa ngayon magpaaral in some of the private (incl. sectarian) schools than in UP, is this what you call pro-poor? Mas marami pang koreans na nagaaral ngayon sa premier SU natin...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... convince Congress to give them extra budget again, and they can lower the tuition fee for local students again.

UP may be a government school, but Congress wants them to be more self-sufficient and cost effective. Cost effectiveness... yeah... right... it's a government institution... that's almost impossible... self-sufficiency... the only way to do that is to charge more money... and unlucky you if you're not rich yet not poor enough to qualify for STFAP.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... convince Congress to give them a better budget , and they can lower the tuition fee for local students again.

UP may be a government school, but Congress wants them to be more self-sufficient and cost effective. Cost effectiveness... yeah... right... it's a government institution... that's almost impossible... self-sufficiency... the only way to do that is to charge more money... and unlucky you if you're not rich yet not poor enough to qualify for STFAP.
    Last edited by niky; September 16th, 2008 at 03:58 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
UP and the SUCs: Anti-Poor???