New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ah

Anyways total remittance by 2.2M OFWs several years ago was 24B USD in 2015?

so which class is this 50k/month na tax free ofw families?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Broad C or Upper C. Ties in nicely with the 600k/yr income bracket. This is the "middle class" that market research firms and economists refer to.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Broad C or Upper C. Ties in nicely with the 600k/yr income bracket. This is the "middle class" that market research firms and economists refer to.

when they say household income, it's the income of everyone living in the household?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    when they say household income, it's the income of everyone living in the household?
    Yup. So combined income of parents plus working kids who still live with the parents. Pag bumukod na, separate household na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    business income and employment income are 2 incomes but we compute combined..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    mahirap mag analogy. here's a real-world example. we have several rental properties. we rent them out w/ 10-year contracts. rentals come in every month and i just check their payments online. passive income. this allows me to leave the country for up to 2 months at a time coz my other businesses are flexible enough that i could put them on hold for 1 or 2 months
    Im trying to be like Vodka

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are reasons why i don't believe those surveys no matter how much was spent. one, i doubt the real AB were interviewed, or they reported lower incomes (to reflect what is in their tax declarations), and there are the "imbento" surveys done by flipping a coin or simply getting figures out of thin air. the first, the really rich will never agree to answer such surveys. ni ayaw nga nila matanaw loob ng bakuran nila e tapos irereveal pa nila kinikita nila. the 2nd reason is self explanatory. 3rd, i've seen it happen. survey na gawa sa bahay, gawa sa google, gawa-gawa. a friend works for one of them. pag deadline na kara y krus time na.

150k monthly income is nowhere near rich. isang 1st degree relative lang atakihin sa puso o stroke umiiyak na yan sa gastos. no, not even tier B rich. 150k is C, those that feel above most but pray no trajedy happens because they know if it does they go 2 rungs down the ladder.

5M monthly is not that rare. daming gas stations dyan, branches ng jollibee at mcdo, mga hardware na laging may nakaparadang trucks sa harap. o punta ka sa probinsiya hanapin mo owner ng rice mill. o dealer ng fertilizer. o yung nagbyabyahe ng appliances from manila to tuguegarao tapos pabalik ng manila puno naman ng gulay ang truck. yun yung mga tutoong ab. nagtatago.

kahit magkaron pa ako ng floor polisher di ako AB. survey is flawed.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Di ba dapat instead of household income per se dapat per capita? Wouldnt a couple without children earning 150k monthly vs a family of 5 with the same income land them on different socioeconomic classes?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Polling is a science. Even the biggest liars in the world (politicians) believe in polls and are influenced by it. And yes, even our politicians listen very carefully to our SWS ans other surveys.At the very minimim, they are statistically signficant and represent what is close to the true picture.

It will be very premature and dangerous to dismiss surveys and the science behind them out of hand.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    there are reasons why i don't believe those surveys no matter how much was spent. one, i doubt the real AB were interviewed, or they reported lower incomes (to reflect what is in their tax declarations), and there are the "imbento" surveys done by flipping a coin or simply getting figures out of thin air. the first, the really rich will never agree to answer such surveys. ni ayaw nga nila matanaw loob ng bakuran nila e tapos irereveal pa nila kinikita nila. the 2nd reason is self explanatory. 3rd, i've seen it happen. survey na gawa sa bahay, gawa sa google, gawa-gawa. a friend works for one of them. pag deadline na kara y krus time na.

150k monthly income is nowhere near rich. isang 1st degree relative lang atakihin sa puso o stroke umiiyak na yan sa gastos. no, not even tier B rich. 150k is C, those that feel above most but pray no trajedy happens because they know if it does they go 2 rungs down the ladder.

5M monthly is not that rare. daming gas stations dyan, branches ng jollibee at mcdo, mga hardware na laging may nakaparadang trucks sa harap. o punta ka sa probinsiya hanapin mo owner ng rice mill. o dealer ng fertilizer. o yung nagbyabyahe ng appliances from manila to tuguegarao tapos pabalik ng manila puno naman ng gulay ang truck. yun yung mga tutoong ab. nagtatago.

kahit magkaron pa ako ng floor polisher di ako AB. survey is flawed.
    These numbers are what government agencies use in economic planning, these are what consumer goods firms use when making business plans and planning product launches, these are what politicians use when planning campaigns. These numbers also tie up to our national GDP figures. Gawa-gawa lang pala, baka 10% talaga GDP growth natin. [emoji23]

And again, sa US nga ang 2M/month already puts you in the top 1%. First world na pala tayo na yung top 1% natin kalevel na ng top 1% ng pinakamayakang bansa sa mundo. Of course, maraming outlier. But not many enough to change the results of the income distribution in the country.

If you read the fine print, the interviewers noted that the incomes of AB might be understated and that they were less open to being interviewed. But statistical sampling does not need all members of the population subset to be interviewed to get an accurate representation.

Marami ngang gas station, fastfood franchisees, business owners, etc. They comprise the 200,000 households that are part of the top 1%. Hindi naman konti ang 200,000. Unless mas marami pa sa 200,000 yung mga mayamang negosyanteng kilala mo? Yung 1,800 friends ko nga sa FB sobrang dami na for me eh, yung iba dun di ko na nakakausap. [emoji23]

And assuming but not conceding your point, so ilan nga ba talaga ang mayayaman na kumikita ng milyon milyon buwan buwan? Tapos ano ba talaga yung totoong average income ng mga pinoy at ano ba talaga yung tamang socioeconomic stratification? Tapos ano yung sources mo that validate these claims?

Ang dating kasi sakin, because the data doesn't fit within your preconceived notions (based on a sample size of one, you), eh mali na yung data.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1, you forget i am in an industry where a 150k income is considered on the low side. and you forget that if we list down the pinoys we know and ask them to also list down those they know we will probably come up with a list that is almost complete. the number will be in the low 4 figures. believe me none in the list will say he is rich. middle income yes but not ab.

2, i have friends and relatives who earn in 7 figures monthly. i must have very humble friends and relatives because none of them will say they are in the top 0.1%.

ok i will submit that my sample is small. but 1st hand information for me counts more.
    Last edited by yebo; February 24th, 2018 at 09:32 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Socioeconomic Classifications According to NEDA