New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Should political election survey results be banned from going public?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ok to let survey results to be known

10 43.48%
  • Better to let survey results stay hidden

12 52.17%
  • No opinion

1 4.35%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    So far, the surveys I've seen are pretty credible. Only the pretentious tail-enders lang naman ang nagre-reklamo, nananginip kasing manalo. Pag nag-top si Acosta or si Perlas, then that's the time to complain about inaccuracy...
    bro, i think the article's point is different from what you are saying. it was not about who were complaining nor its credibility. it was about the negative effect it has on the democratic system.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    dont forget that the survey not include religion group

Noynoy may be the top 1 in survey
    but in actual battle. Religion group share bigger pie

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    dont forget that the survey not include religion group

Noynoy may be the top 1 in survey
    but in actual battle. Religion group share bigger pie
    paano mo nalaman yan? survey?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Do you really believe that this religious group has a solid voting? I doubt it especially with the automation today unlike in the olden days.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Until the Filipino electorate has been really educated enough to vote responsibly, I think survey results should be banned. We all know that survey results here are not really that scientific and they actually cause confusion among the voters instead of inspiring them to vote wisely and responsibly.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by INTREPID View Post
    Until the Filipino electorate has been really educated enough to vote responsibly, I think survey results should be banned. We all know that survey results here are not really that scientific and they actually cause confusion among the voters instead of inspiring them to vote wisely and responsibly.
    how can you say that it's not scientifically done?

Hell Yeah!

more and more filipinos, of every aspect in life are basing their votes on the survey results.

well informed, yet still..

hope charismatic groups such as El shaddai peeps don't cast their votes based on surveys

abolish the survey, abolish the stupid reasoning

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Well....flaws of democracy.... we enjoy its benefits so we have to endure its setbacks too....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let me just point out that broadcast and print media are equally to blame for the importance given to surveys. I just can't undestand why their columnists and commentators keep on saying that "these are mere surveys and not election results" yet they carry the story on the front pages of their dailies or as the first story in prime time news of their TV channel. The hypocrisy is dripping all over.

If anything, they should shoulder much of the responsibility in how they make the survey results public. Let's face it. They put it way out there because it sells or draws people to watch. Nevermind if the way they present it makes it appear that the elections are over before voting has begun.
    Last edited by Altis6453; April 30th, 2010 at 03:11 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    bro, i think the article's point is different from what you are saying. it was not about who were complaining nor its credibility. it was about the negative effect it has on the democratic system.
    I wasn't referring to the article. I was merely airing my personal view about surveys.

But about that article, heck, I've been reading PDI for years, and any loyal reader knows Tulfo has a slant towards Gordon. Kung nagkataong manok niya ang No. 1 sa survey, he wouldn't be writing about banning it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Should political election survey results be banned from going public?