New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you going to vote for this candidate?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

15 53.57%
  • NO

13 46.43%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    slightly OT: i think we feel na walang napupuntahan ang taxes natin if we don't personally benefit from it. kaya madaling sabihin na walang nararating ang pagbabayad ng e-vat, etc.

if manonood kayo sa ch.4, andun lahat ang mga programs at achievements ng govt naten. stuff that you seldom hear from the other tv stations. i think they have the tendency to downplay the achievements of the govt lalo na kapag oppositionists sila. so nare-retain tuloy sa isip ng tao yung puro negative na nangyayari kse un ang madalas ang news headlines.

take for example, ung pagkabayad ng IMF debt. wala sya sa headlines, nasa business section ng inquirer, ung section na madalas di nababasa ng majority. i asked a friend of mine na regular subscriber ng inquirer if nabasa nya. hindi daw.

we are very quick to call on wrong doings but slow in appreciation of the good things done. minsan pa sasabihin superficial lang ung mga achievements.

wala lang just my two cents.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carfrancis View Post
    slightly OT: i think we feel na walang napupuntahan ang taxes natin if we don't personally benefit from it. kaya madaling sabihin na walang nararating ang pagbabayad ng e-vat, etc.

if manonood kayo sa ch.4, andun lahat ang mga programs at achievements ng govt naten. stuff that you seldom hear from the other tv stations. i think they have the tendency to downplay the achievements of the govt lalo na kapag oppositionists sila. so nare-retain tuloy sa isip ng tao yung puro negative na nangyayari kse un ang madalas ang news headlines.

take for example, ung pagkabayad ng IMF debt. wala sya sa headlines, nasa business section ng inquirer, ung section na madalas di nababasa ng majority. i asked a friend of mine na regular subscriber ng inquirer if nabasa nya. hindi daw.

we are very quick to call on wrong doings but slow in appreciation of the good things done. minsan pa sasabihin superficial lang ung mga achievements.

I understand your point, but it's not all about personal benefits. I myself would like to see improvement of the lives of those less fortunate than I am, but despite the additional taxes, none of that is happening. More and more people become jobless, uneducated, let alone hungry, sick and homeless.

Our taxation also has to be of equity. An average worker should pay a lower percentage of tax than, say, a tycoon. In other words, your tax is in higher or lower proportion depending on your income. It's much like the car taxes in the US. Vehicles costing over a certain amount has to pay a certain amount of tax (I think around 10% of the price). I'm not sure if this has already been abolished, but there's still the gas-guzzler tax wherein cars failing to meet the EPA minumum fuel economy figures have an additional premium depending on how lusty their thirst is.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ahhhh baka... esep esep

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    No, he doesn't deserve my vote. Hindi kailangan ng tao ang pahirap na EVAT- mas maraming naghirap at nagutom, pati pagkain at gamot may tax na. Dahil sa EVAT, mas maraming pera ng Pinoy ang napunta sa mga magnanakaw.Kailangan natin ng senator na mag aangat sa buhay ng mga Pinoy at magtatanggol sa kapakanan natin.Baka pag nanalo siya, kung ano na namang tax ang ipropose niya. Tama na EVAT...EVAT ko pa siya ibobot?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    EVAT? kailangan daw nila ng added revenue para matuloy ang mga programa ng gobyerno.

imbis na lutasin ang totoong problema, dinagdagan nalang nila ang collection by raising the percentage.

ang totoong problema naman is corruption kaya hindi sapat ang revenue nila para sa mga government programs. pero imbis na bawasan ang kurakot, tinaasan ang koleksyon. nakikita ko 2 ang benepisyo. Mas madaming makukurakot and may pera pa pang programa.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The problem I have with Ralph Recto is is propensity to do a 180 degree about-face regarding the EVAT. Initially, he was vehemently opposed to the idea of an added 2% to the VAT, his point being that it does not address the issue of gaps in collection of the BIR, particularly from big businesses. Next thing I know, he was singing praises to the DOF's wisdom in proposing the additional 2% tax. :mad: Did money change hands leading him to sell out on his constituents? All this crap about the BIR doing well is not about the increase collection due to plugging of tax loopholes, but due more to the increased rate.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hay naku si mr evat......

wala naman problema ang evat eh! ang problema eh lalo lang binigyan ng maraming pera ang gobyerno para makurakot instead of solusyonan ang problema sa pangongolekta ng buwis at korupsyon

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    pwe! next pls.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carfrancis View Post

Good point sis...

Most people dont' realize that more than 75% of our annual spendings are for the debt payments.

As I've said before:

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    There would have been no need for the E-VAT should the business and professional sector have remmitted the proper amount of VAT.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pride of Batangas....

2701:bye:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Ralph Recto: Candidate for Senator