New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    not familiar with it. pero how many panels do i need to atleast run a 1hp inverter split type aircon?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    Get your solar panels, people! Don't rely on the government for meeting electrical needs of the country.
    Agree. even if P-Noy OKs all the power plants we'll need by tomorrow, that's 3-5 years for the plants to go online

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    parang ginawa na ni Ramos dati yan.. di ba he was given emergency powers.. kaya sumobra sobra naman ang powerplants noon..

iirc, ang naging problema is that we ended up with more than enough IPPs(independent power producers), but lacked the means/facilities to transmit that power.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Pagka alala ko naman ay naabutan natin ang Asian financial crisis kaya wala yung demand sa elektrisidad.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Pagka alala ko naman ay naabutan natin ang Asian financial crisis kaya wala yung demand sa elektrisidad.
    So ang solusyon sa power crisis ay....financial crisis?!? :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Wag naman... worse ata ang cure pag ganyan. :-)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    Get your solar panels, people! Don't rely on the government for meeting electrical needs of the country.
    I’m also interested on solar GTI system but the high upfront cost of owning one is too discouraging, ROI is crazy. I wish the government could provide some sort of tax rebates or incentives to anyone who wants to go green.

*topic, It is no secret that our power generation is running near full capacity so I think Pnoy will eventually be given the emergency powers. It'’ll only take some left & right blackouts to make it happen.

But building power plants without bidding is unacceptable, it should be a fair deal to us consumers, since the bill will be passed to us.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Think of it this way. The government is already admitting that it won't be able to meet the power needs of the country in the near future. Where there's shortage, there will be a huge spike in power generation costs. And because the power plants are running at full or well beyond their capacity, they are bound to fail more frequently. Sure they can build more powerplants but those things aren't built overnight. It takes years.

Given those problems that we will inevitably be facing, I'd rather pay up front the cost of solar panels and have steady stream of electrical current. As per panel, the cheapest I can find from Raon is 10-20k per panel that generates 1kW once you put plug in an inverter. They're considerably much cheaper nowadays compared to years ago. You'd be surprised that you'll be meeting ROI sooner than you think once SHTF.

This involves also some planning because you want the solar panel to be perpendicular to the sun to get maximum power. You want to avoid shades cast by trees and buildings.

Well, since we're talking about prepping and getting of the grid as much as possible, we might as well invest on water storage and purification.
    Last edited by safeorigin; September 10th, 2014 at 11:04 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Think of it this way. The government is already admitting that it won't be able to meet the power needs of the country in the near future. Where there's shortage, there will be a huge spike in power generation costs. And because the power plants are running at full or well beyond their capacity, they are bound to fail more frequently. Sure they can build more powerplants but those things aren't built overnight. It takes years.
    The government is still to blame. Right on the start of this administration I'm sure DOE is fully aware of the capacity issue vs population growth. But did they came up with a plan?..No. Consumers duly pay the utilities but they don’t even bother improving their services particularly the generation infrastructure. Now I wonder where are they taking the payments?

Given those problems that we will inevitably be facing, I'd rather pay up front the cost of solar panels and have steady stream of electrical current. As per panel, the cheapest I can find from Raon is 10-20k per panel that generates 1kW once you put plug in an inverter. They're considerably much cheaper nowadays compared to years ago. You'd be surprised that you'll be meeting ROI sooner than you think once SHTF.
    I’m eyeing the branded UL listed system which is quite pricey, that’s why its hard to convince the wife to part with the money. I guess I’ll settle with the Chinese equipment instead. The last I checked they’re offering 45 pesos per watt on the monocrystalline panel.

Well, since we're talking about prepping and getting of the grid as much as possible, we might as well invest on water storage and purification.
    Am also considering a rainwater catchment system and plan on re-using an old cistern under my driveway as the storage

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    not familiar with it. pero how many panels do i need to atleast run a 1hp inverter split type aircon?
    you do not directly draw power from your solar panels.. your system will have a deep cycle battery and inverter to power your appliances.. the solar panel and controller will charge your battery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast