New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Christians should ideally avoid sin not because of the perils of hell, because even sinners can be saved through the grace of God, but rather because they would not want to turn away from God.

This can be explained in completely non-religious terms by simply replacing God with a good set of moral values. It's just that Christians put God in the center of their lives and therefore the morals and leading a good life becomes second nature.

Of course that's all ideal. The reality that even the Church admits is that humans really can't avoid sin completely. But in the anagogic sense of things, they would live their lives seeking to avoid it to fully testify their love for God.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    why is it people think everything that happens to them has something to do with God?

when good things happen, God is rewarding them daw

when bad things happen, God is testing them daw

THINGS HAPPEN

Ondoy happened

nobody is running the show

i watched a documentary about hurricanes in the Florida wherein scientists are puzzled how some houses are destroyed to the ground and others are intact despite a category 5 storm.

they are even more puzzled na most of the time eh neighbors pa ang mga ito.

let me give you this scenario, suppose you're my neighbor and there's this perfect storm, after the storm, your house is pulverized to the ground while my house is unscatched.

how will you explain this? ask your scientists, they themselves can't explain this phenomenon.

here's another example, when Hurricane Katrina attacked, the weather system predicted that Florida will be hit and so the great evacuation started. and just when all Florida was evacuated, Katrina instead hit New Orleans.

up to now ask your discovery channel scientists, they still don't have the answer.

but I can give you a hunch on what truly is the answer: it's wrath of God. pre-Katrina, New Orleans morality is going to the dogs, hindi nga lang practice of voodoo eh, the Blacks who compromised more of New orleans area were so much involved in drugs, crimes etc etc..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

To me he has a point. A lot of people shun religion because they think they find a flaw, yet they are just misled.

I.
    a lot of people shun religion bec. they associate religion to the priests, the fundamentalists and the hypocrites.

there is no flaw in religion. it's just misplaced faith bec. they rely their faith on these people.

true faith comes from within. ni hindi mo kelangan i-compare or i-analogy sa ibang tao of the same religion as yours.

if you ask me, these are just weak people, spiritually weak that is.

-----------

now let's take a look at the people they glorify or their rely their "faith" in.
    faith is also applicable to objective/scientific people bec. they have faith in science more than God.

kita mo mga yan, mga obese, untidy, ni hindi makakuha ng girls kahit gano pa nila i-compute na makakakuha sila ng hot girl but in reality they will never have bec. they're just too logically, too boring and no aura at all.

aura is energy. energy is faith.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ROFL at the lengthy (possibly serious) reply on the sarcastic post on a stand up comedian.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Belief in God didn't stop many of the faithful from commiting crimes against their fellow man.

"Gott Mit Uns" means God With Us and appeared on many Nazi soldiers belt buckles during WWII.
    http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

(quotes from Mein Kampf)
    Hitler wrote: "I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.."
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 31st, 2010 at 10:24 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok so there is no God, no Zeus, no Titans, no Allah. Religion is just being used by men to promote their own agendas.

how bout this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DCCXbWTQNw"]YouTube - History Channel - Ancient Aliens (2009 Version) - Part 1[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    But sooner or later, science will be able to explain everything. And the bible? Faith lang lagi ang sagot.
    religion is all about faith. what do you expect?

this debate is actually useless.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ROFL at the lengthy (possibly serious) reply on the sarcastic post on a stand up comedian.
    believers always ask this question -- if there's no God, what's to stop non-believers from doing bad things?

since you brought it up (obviously in a sarcastic way), i still took the opportunity to reply

somebody else might be asking the same question

the reply wasnt entirely for you po

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Ok so there is no God, no Zeus, no Titans, no Allah. Religion is just being used by men to promote their own agendas.

how bout this?

YouTube - History Channel - Ancient Aliens (2009 Version) - Part 1
    like i said before in an earlier post, the Earth is a planet that just so happens to support life (an atmosphere, water etc). Not too near or too far from a star (neither too hot nor too cold)

there are other Earth-like planets out there that can also support life

so life could have evolved on other planets too... even intelligent life

maybe intelligent life could have evolved on other planets far earlier than Earth

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Pope: Stephen Hawking is wrong