New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The PSG party was held last night, when all the bad news was already being digested by the public...

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/12...oy-partied-psg

MANILA, Philippines - Communications Undersecretary Manuel “Manolo” Quezon III confirmed that President Benigno Aquino III partied with the Presidential Security Group on Sunday night, an action that did not sit well with some users of social media sites.

In his Twitter account, Quezon said Aquino was in the party for only 30 minutes for the people “who saved his life.”

His tweet reads: “Good morning. Checked and indeed there was a PSG party last night: it couldn't be cancelled (unlike annual Cabinet Xmas Party scheduled for tonight, which was cancelled yesterday afternoon, so funds could go to relief). President dropped by for 30 minutes to be with those who saved his life.”

Quezon, in an earlier tweet, said the party was last December 10.

Back in March, Aquino thanked the PSG for saving his life during a 1987 coup d’etat attempt against his mother, the late former President Corazon Aquino.

Aquino was hit by five bullets, one of which is still lodged in his neck until now. It was considered the bloodiest attempt to overthrow Cory’s government.

The “partying”, unwittingly revealed by showbiz personality Valerie Concepcion, drew flak from Twitter and Facebook users. They criticized Aquino who was merry-making while the number of deaths continues to rise in the disaster-hit Mindanao.

Concepcion said she attended a party for the PSG, where Aquino even laughed at her jokes.

She later said she does not see anything wrong with the President partying in Malacañang "since its his obligation and responsibility being the head of Malacañang to be present and show his support for his hardworking employees and their respective families."

Malacanang did not confirm queries from the media until last night if there was indeed a PSG party.

Presidential Spokesman Edwin Lacierda would not answer calls.

The President has been criticized in the past for not making his presence felt in provinces badly hit by typhoons.

Malacañang already announced Aquino is set to visit Cagayan de Oro and Iligan on Tuesday.

Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said the President "wants to make sure that national agencies and those on the ground have a concerted plan" in response to the crisis.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nobody took that typhoon seriously

di yata nangyayari sa kanila ang ganyan dati

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    According to a local official, the rains weren't strong in the lower areas. It was in the mountains that the storm dumped a lot. So the residents didn't expect the flood and slept soundly. When the flood came, it took just 30 minutes for the water to reach kneck deep. And it also receded as quick, sweeping many victims out to sea.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I was at a party also last Friday night and was oblivious to what happened at CdO until i checked the news on Sat. AM. Buti nalang walang nagagalit sa akin. :D

I guess people were expecting him to jump on the next flight to CDO and personally rescue people from their rooftops. Which really would be more of burden for resources in the area since they now have to watch over the president

I'm not a PNoy apologist but a lot of people seem to jump at every opportunity to bash without first assessing things. AFAIK, the real floods came in early Saturday AM so if you were partying Friday night, wala pa masyadong balita. However, even before that, it is apparent that the weather boys and the LGUs in Mindanadao were not prepared and all accounts point that people were not expecting that to happen in Northern Mindanao since they rarely get that kind of weather. Where PNoy may have failed is to give directive (since LGUs and the weather station and all other lackeys seem to lack action without being prodded) to monitor and prepare for the weather disturbance when it first came into our radars and the track was plotted.
    yep, i think wala naman problema dun kasi di naman lahat dapat isisi sa kanya lalo nat ganyan. nakadagdag lang yung ibang balak magpasikat e pumunta dun. political milleage yun eh. sabi nga erap "ano pa gagawin ko e wala naman re-election".

ang problema lang, bumabalik sa administrasyon nya yung ginagawa nilang paninira kala GMA sa mga ganitong uri rin ng problema. kulang na lang sisihin nila nun si GMA nung pagdating ni undoy. so nagpalitan lang sila ng pwesto talaga. ultimo yung mga di dapat isisi e sinisisi sa nakaupo.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ang babaw naman hehe nakakatawa at nkakaawa

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    ang problema lang, bumabalik sa administrasyon nya yung ginagawa nilang paninira kala GMA sa mga ganitong uri rin ng problema. kulang na lang sisihin nila nun si GMA nung pagdating ni undoy. so nagpalitan lang sila ng pwesto talaga. ultimo yung mga di dapat isisi e sinisisi sa nakaupo.
    That's where the government should be blamed, not for the partying but for the usual lack of preparedness and steadfastness. I myself already had a bad feeling about this when i first saw the news of the tropical depression heading towards Mindanao so my first instinct on Sat AM was to check out the news and call my friends in CdO.

Tama yung sabi ni Uls that they did not take the typhoon seriously, especially in that part of the country where they hardly get any real typhoons or storms. During Ondoy, people were really disgusted since it showed that those in government weren't good at anything except serving themselves and were caught just as helpless. Sadly, it has not improved much. Preparedness is only a stop-gap measure, what has to be addressed really is what the cause of the flash floods are (deforestation, siltation and urbanization of natural water ways).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Palace denies Aquino partied despite disaster

Palace denies Aquino partied despite disaster | Inquirer News

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ... and nero fiddled while rome burned

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe tangna hirap maging presidente...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Sala sa init sala sa lamig!

Kahit hindi siya personally ang dapat sisihin dahil trip ng iba, kawawa siya. Bane and boon of instant communication ika nga.

Anyways sana hindi na lang maulit. But let's admit that the LGU's don't have any contingency plans for future disasters. La budget, a-action na lang yan if andyan na. That's the usual process. Basta hindi pa nararanasan, usually trahedya. Mahina talaga sa planning overall.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
PNoy Partying w/ Valerie Concepcion While Iligan & CDO Suffer?