New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Pls check info

Washington Mutual bought by JP Morgan. WaMu depositors didnt lose their money.

Wachovia bought by Wells Fargo. Wachovia depositors didnt lose their money.

Indymac taken over by FDIC. Depositors with less than $100,000 will get their money back.
    Bought by another company...

Others were bailed out...

Hmmm...they might collapsed again. Investors should not invest in these kind of banks with spotty history...

A number of people invested in mining when metal prices were soaring

then recession happened, demand for commodities fell, metal prices fell

excellent investment
    Yes, I think so.

But Pinoys should invest in actual metal extraction and processing and should not just speculate in the stock or commodity market.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post
    But Pinoys should invest in actual metal extraction and processing and should not just speculate in the stock or commodity market.
    I was talking about actual mineral extraction.

What gave u the idea that i was talking about speculating in the futures market?

A number of pinoys went into mining at the time when metals prices were at the highest.

Ano ba ginagawa nila sa mga metals na na-extract nila from the mines?

binebenta diba?

ano ba ang basis ng pricing?

Metals prices sa commodities market.

Metals prices have fallen. And will continue to fall due to low demand.

Those who invested in mining are losing money.
    Last edited by uls; November 9th, 2008 at 07:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I was talking about actual mineral extraction.

What gave u the idea that i was talking about speculating in the futures market?

A number of pinoys went into mining at the time when metals prices were at the highest.

Ano ba ginagawa nila sa mga metals na na-extract nila from the mines?

binebenta diba?

ano ba ang basis ng pricing?

Metals prices sa commodities market.

Metals prices have fallen. And will continue to fall due to low demand.

Those who invested in mining are losing money.
    Using your theory, perhaps they have relied to much on government connections and failed to become efficient..

Efficient firms even without connections can survive...

Because they know how to deal with the ups and downs of the so-called business cycle...

Hindi nakaasa sa mga ninong sa Malacanang para kumita kumpanya nila....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what are you talking about po?

Why do i get the impression that you think i'm just making this stuff up?

Manila says falls short of 08 mining investment goal
    http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssI...37613820081106

MANILA, Nov 6 (Reuters) - The Philippine government will not meet its target of attracting $1 billion in investments to its mining sector this year as companies rethink their plans due to the global financial crisis, a senior official said on Thursday.

Horacio Ramos, head of the mines and geosciences bureau, said investments for the whole of 2008 are expected to reach just over $826 million.

The global credit crunch has lifted the cost of financing investments, cooling demand for metals worldwide.
    This isnt a good time to invest in mining.

pls read the whole article.

Most foreign miners have put investment plans on hold.
    Last edited by uls; November 9th, 2008 at 09:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mining?

Here's your mining investment --

Anglo wants out of Philippine mine venture - partner
    http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssI...39432520081111

MANILA, Nov 11 (Reuters) - Anglo American wants to pull out from a gold and copper venture in southern Philippines due to resistance from the local government and residents, its partner Manila Mining said on Tuesday.

It is the second major mining project in the Philippines that the world's fourth-largest diversified mining group is exiting from. It was not clear whether the group is pursuing any other projects in the Philippines.

Officials of Anglo American were not immediately available for comment.

Anglo American said it was exercising its option to terminate a 2007 agreement to fund a pre-feasibility study on the Kalayaan copper-gold project, Manila Mining Corp (MA.PS: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) told the Philippine Stock Exchange.

"Anglo exerted considerable efforts toward community development and relations as it encountered problems in accessing critical areas due to resistance from local government units and residents," Manila Mining said in a statement.
    i don't make stuff up.

i don't imagine things and post them here.

Foreign investors get discouraged when they finally learn what it's like here in the Philippines.
    Last edited by uls; November 12th, 2008 at 11:02 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shipbuilding?

here's your shipbuilding investment ---

Reuters | 11/12/2008 12:30 PM SEOUL - South Korea's Hanjin Heavy Industries said on Wednesday it had not yet made a final decision on whether to drop its $2 billion shipyard project in the export processing zone in Misamis Oriental in Mindanao.

"It is true that the project is suspended, but nothing has been decided on whether to withdraw or not," a Hanjin spokesman told Reuters.

A Manila newspaper reported on Wednesday that Hanjin was abandoning the project after failing to secure permits and clearances from the local government, quoting a local port official.

I can post stuff like this everyday

i'm just saying the Philippines is not attractive to investment

That's one reason why rich pinoys would rather let foreign wealth managers look after their money... than invest it here

Foreigners see opportunity here but they don't see the other things we locals see

Then they find out

Then they wanna leave
    Last edited by uls; November 12th, 2008 at 01:52 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Shipbuilding?

here's your shipbuilding investment ---

I can post stuff like this everyday

i'm just saying the Philippines is not attractive to investment

That's one reason why rich pinoys would rather let foreign wealth managers look after their money... than invest it here

Foreigners see opportunity here but they don't see the other things we locals see

Then they find out

Then they wanna leave
    The latest news is that PHILVIDEC is being cleared of informal settlers.

Thousands of locals are trained for the eventual return of the Koreans.

The Philippines is not attractive for investments because of those corrupt government officials and corrupt businessmen and oligopolists that you have mentioned in another thread.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post
    The latest news is that PHILVIDEC is being cleared of informal settlers.

Thousands of locals are trained for the eventual return of the Koreans.

The Philippines is not attractive for investments because of those corrupt government officials and corrupt businessmen and oligopolists that you have mentioned in another thread.

I saw in another forum that Hanjin will eventually construct their 2nd shipyard in Mindanao. Local permits were already obtained by the firm.

I hope Pinoy businessmen will cash in on this big investments of hanjib by creating ancillary industries.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    More Chinese investments are coming.

I think these foreign investors from the mainland need local partners.

The news regarding a big Chinese automaker who is planning to put up a factory here gives Pinoy investors new opportunities for new investments.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    true, it's just a classic example of when a door closes, another one opens.

those investors who initiated capital flight, just let go of an opportunity for the taking of other interested investors. kaya I really dont buy the news these days na we're doomed. investment will just change hands, we just have to patient bec. these things dont happen overnight.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Pinoy Investments Abroad