New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Actually, Lacson and Estrada are both rotten eggs. Pareho silang mababaho. May katotohanan ang mga pasabog ni Ping kay Erap. Pero kaya lang naman nagsalita si Lacson ay dahil may umiipit sa kanya sa Dacer-Corbito murder case. Kung talagang hindi siya sangayon kay Erap nuong nasa pwesto pa ito e bakit isa siya sa huling nag-withdraw ng support nuong impeachment?

Hay, pulitika nga naman . . .
    totoo nga yun sinasabi ni Lacson about Erap wala naman nagsabi na hinde totoo, but those juesteng money was moot and academic tapos na yun eh Erap was already found guilty and pardoned... what's new? ano pa ba ang hinde natin alam kay Erap?

diversionary tactic ni Lacson lang ito...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    "god save the philippines from joseph ejercito estrada and panfilo lacson!"

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    "god save the philippines from joseph ejercito estrada and panfilo lacson!"
    "God save the Philippines from our POLITICIANS"

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Si Mark Jimenez dapat tanungin ni Ping. Or si MJ na ba ang taga-feed ng info kay Ping? Hmmm...
    wala na. may sayad na sa utak si Mark Jimenez di ba?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Naku sir MVP, PLDT is now placed in a bad light... Can Yuchengco get back his shares with this revelation? Can MVP can now be charged with bribery?

Yuchengco confirms being forced to sell PLDT stake

MANILA - Tycoon Alfonso Yuchengco on Tuesday confirmed that he was forced to sell his stake in a company that had shares in Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) after receiving threats allegedly from then president Joseph Estrada.

In a statement, Yuchengco confirmed Sen. Panfilo Lacson's statements that he was pressured to sign conveyance of his shares in Philippine Telecommunications Investment Corporation (PTIC) to Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC).

"I confirm the statements made by Senator Panfilo Lacson in his privilege speech relating to my 7.75% PTIC holdings, equivalent to 2,017,650 PLDT common shares. These shares were taken from me in 1998 through sheer intimidation and serious threat to my businesses, myself and my family," he said in a statement

President Estrada’s role in the entry of First Pacific into PLDT has long been one of the classic cases of politics getting involved in local business transactions.

Independent media group, Philippine Center of Investigative Journalism, cited the PLDT case in its December 1998 article, “The Pare Principle.” The article tried to establish how President Estrada abused his power.

“The phone call he made in November to PLDT director Alfonso Yuchengco, virtually ordering the latter to give up his claim to the Cojuangco shares in favor of First Pacific, is an example of the many powers that the president has which is not spelled out in the rulebooks,” the article said.

The book, “Getting a Dial Tone,” was more explicit.

Author Lorraine Carlos Salazar noted that a P20 million check that Pangilinan supposedly paid as bribe to President Estrada was one of the checks deposited to the controversial Jose Velarde bank account.

The book recalled how former Securities and Exchange Commission chair Perfecto Yasay was trying to investigate whether the MPIC-PLDT transaction complied with the Securities Code.

Yasay, however, was not able to proceed with the investigation since suspension orders were handed down against him. Yasay eventually resigned.

Nonetheless, Yasay revealed in the media and during the impeachement hearings against President Estrada in January 2001, that a kickback of some P1 billion was paid to President Estrada to facilitate the transaction.

After the People Power or EDSA 2 led to President Estrada’s removal from office, “one of the first plunder and graft cases filed in the Sandiganbayan against President Estrada included Pangilinan as a co-accused. Allegedly, Pangilinan issued a P20 million cheque to Estrada, and was one of 67 that were deposited into an account that Estrada held under the pseudonym Jose Velarde.” With a report from Lala Rimando, abs-cbnNews.com/Newsbreak
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 15th, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    wala na. may sayad na sa utak si Mark Jimenez di ba?
    MJ is the key if you want convicted plunderer Estrada be placed behind bars...

Estrada strongly defends his friend. Last week, on his weekly nationwide talk-show program, he confirmed that Jimenez "brokered many corporate mergers," including the recent takeover of Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) by Hong Kong-based conglomerate First Pacific and the purchase of 72% of PCIBank, the country's sixth largest financial institution, by the Equitable Banking group and the two state-run pension funds. (Rumors now also link him to recent deals to run lucrative jai-alai and bingo betting operations.) For facilitating the PLDT deal, Jimenez is said to have earned a $50 million fee. The PCIBank merger raised a stir because the buyers agreed not to conduct a due-diligence audit even though public funds were involved in the acquisition. "He has done a lot of good for our economy so that's why I call him a corporate genius," Estrada says in Jimenez's defense. "Mark is an asset. He was able to double stock-market values. The index went up from 1,200 points to more than 2,400."
    http://www-cgi.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaw...0702/nat3.html
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 15th, 2009 at 11:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bilisan lang nila and speed ng DSL, wala akong pakialam sa kanila..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    MJ is the key if you want Estrada to placed behind bars...

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaw...0702/nat3.html

wala ngang nagawa si MJ, sa case against Nani Perez eh.

andoon na yun sa mount banahaw nag retreat siya

if only i had the power.. i'll send both of them to the moon!! bwahaha

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    totoo nga yun sinasabi ni Lacson about Erap wala naman nagsabi na hinde totoo, but those juesteng money was moot and academic tapos na yun eh Erap was already found guilty and pardoned... what's new? ano pa ba ang hinde natin alam kay Erap?

diversionary tactic ni Lacson lang ito...
    i think you missed one point....

Businessman confirms Lacson expose

By Daxim Lucas
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 11:25:00 09/15/2009

MANILA, Philippines -- Filipino-Chinese tycoon Alfonso Yuchengco confirmed early on Tuesday that he was threatened and intimidated to sell his stake in the country's largest telecommunications firm to businessman Manuel Pangilinan 11 years ago.

In an e-mailed statement, the chairman of the Yuchengco group of companies confirmed the details of the exposé by Senator Panfilo Lacson on the strong arm tactics used by Joseph Estrada in his dealings when he was still president.

"I confirm the statements made by Senator Panfilo Lacson in his privilege speech relating to my 7.75% PTIC holdings, equivalent to 2,017,650 PLDT common shares," the short statement read.

"These shares were taken from me in 1998 through sheer intimidation and serious threat to my businesses, myself and my family," it added.

Lacson said that PLDT was taken over by the group of Pangilinan -- backed by Hong Kong-based First Pacific Co. Ltd. of Indonesia's Salim family -- with the help of Estrada's coercive efforts against Yuchengco, who then controlled a small but important block of the company's shares.

PLDT, through it's legal counsel, denied these allegations.
    Last edited by explorer; September 15th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Ping Lacson's "bombshell" speech vs Erap