New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 6 of 355 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 3547
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,246
    #51
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Come to think of it - BPO actually pays quite well. Makes me wonder though - how come BPO has somewhat of a bad rap in the working world? When I entered the workforce a few years back, BPO was regarded as a second-rate industry.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    That is because it even out the playing field. Di graduate pero kumikita ng mas malaki compared to graduates. Nainggit yung mga pro.

    Also, some employees are palengkera. Kaya nagkakaron tuloy nang impression na 2nd rate job sya.

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,506
    #52
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    That is because it even out the playing field. Di graduate pero kumikita ng mas malaki compared to graduates. Nainggit yung mga pro.

    Also, some employees are palengkera. Kaya nagkakaron tuloy nang impression na 2nd rate job sya.
    Mukhang yun nga bro. But that's the reality - the job market is also subject to the laws of supply and demand. Heck, PBA players earn more than many doctors, engineers, lawyers but obviously the latter have more crucial jobs. Just that the PBA brings in more money which in turn allows them to give higher wages to a small pool of (relatively elite) ballers. That's just the way it is.

    Although when I was job-hunting, the starting pay of BPOs still didn't compare to the starting pay of most traditional job offers I got.

    Maybe compared to nurses and teachers, yes mas mataas talaga BPO - but again that's a function of demand. You can always argue that nurses and teachers have more fulfilling roles in building the society, but at the end of the day people have families to feed and if their meager job can't give them the resources then there's nothing wrong with going for more lucrative pastures in the BPO industry.



    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,707
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Entry level employees are getting somewhere between P20K to P25K/month. Top executives have minimum salary of P300K (excluding bonuses).

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Isa sa mga benchmarks ng mga global shared services companies ang mga BPOs for salaries and benefits....


  4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    34,818
    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post


    From what I understand, mukhang more local money ang nasa loob ng stock market, bro.
    Sir,

    Jan. 22 ito...




    there's local money but local money is not enough to move local stocks like that

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,707
    #55
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Sir,

    Jan. 22 ito...




    there's local money but local money is not enough to move local stocks like that
    Noted and thanks bro.

    Huli pala ako sa balita...


  6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    34,818
    #56
    the weak dollar is driving foreign money into emerging markets

    kaya madami pera pumapasok sa PSE
    Last edited by uls; January 24th, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

  7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,246
    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mukhang yun nga bro. But that's the reality - the job market is also subject to the laws of supply and demand. Heck, PBA players earn more than many doctors, engineers, lawyers but obviously the latter have more crucial jobs. Just that the PBA brings in more money which in turn allows them to give higher wages to a small pool of (relatively elite) ballers. That's just the way it is.

    Although when I was job-hunting, the starting pay of BPOs still didn't compare to the starting pay of most traditional job offers I got.

    Maybe compared to nurses and teachers, yes mas mataas talaga BPO - but again that's a function of demand. You can always argue that nurses and teachers have more fulfilling roles in building the society, but at the end of the day people have families to feed and if their meager job can't give them the resources then there's nothing wrong with going for more lucrative pastures in the BPO industry.



    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Add to that the filipino oldies are very traditional and sometimes racist when it comes to jobs. some cant adjust to the current trends.

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,760
    #58
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Come to think of it - BPO actually pays quite well. Makes me wonder though - how come BPO has somewhat of a bad rap in the working world? When I entered the workforce a few years back, BPO was regarded as a second-rate industry.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I think it has to do with the culture. The night shift duty forces the employees to re-program their body clock to stay awake at night. This is causing health issues in the long run. They virtually do not have the luxury to go night out or enjoy the weekends or holidays as they are required to support 24x7, so they resort to booze and smoke (and drugs). Of course the pay and the sign-on bonus make it bearable.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,760
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post


    Isa sa mga benchmarks ng mga global shared services companies ang mga BPOs for salaries and benefits....

    Tama bro. BPO, SSC, GBP, etc. belong to the same industry when comp-ben is considered. Some bigger BPOs have better package than SSCs but are less stable and attrition is quite high.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dreamur; January 24th, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

  10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,760
    #60
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Add to that the filipino oldies are very traditional and sometimes racist when it comes to jobs. some cant adjust to the current trends.
    My daughter's first job was in the BPO sector supporting the Uber operations. For almost 2 years we seldom see each other as she spent her free time sleeping. She could not join us for weekend mall trips, church visits and vacations as she had to work on weekends and holidays. Rest days were mid-week which she spent sleeping. It was very unhealthy so we finally convinced her to leave the company and look for a day job. Now she is contented with her new day job plus she rides free with the shopping.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 355 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Philippine Economy Talk