New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    nagtrabaho ako sa singapore 3 years ago for 8 months. di na nila nirenew contract ko. why? rumors were that i and the other 2 filipino workers were making our othet co-workers look bad by going to work 30 minutes earlier and doing our jobs efficiently and with our heads down. wala naman kami intention na mangsapaw ng ibang katrbaho. nagwowork lang kami like what we usually do. but hey no hard feelings naman ako sa kanila, just doing my job just as much as they do theirs. hindi na namin kasalanan at problema yun kung laging late, absent or di gaano masunurin at reklamador karamihan sa mga locals sa mga superiors nila.

Sent from Constantinople
    Last edited by 170kphlang; June 20th, 2014 at 12:05 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Unease in Singapore over Filipino workers
    By Tessa Wong
    BBC News, Singapore
    29 Dec. 2014

The estimated number of Filipinos working in Singapore tripled in the past decade to about 167,000 as of 2013, according to Philippines census data. The Singapore government declined to provide the BBC with official figures.

But their rising visibility in Singapore's society has drawn attention. Amid increasing general resentment towards foreigners, a backlash towards Filipinos has taken place.

Earlier this year, a plan to hold a Philippines Independence Day celebration on Singapore's main shopping street Orchard Road was cancelled following online complaints by some Singaporeans who said the space was special to locals.
    Filipinos here said that Singaporeans have been accepting, although they are concerned about escalating anti-foreigner sentiment.

Media executive Jina L said Filipino professionals like her "keep our heads down" in Singapore. "We can be vocal, but we know when we should keep a low profile," says the 49-year-old permanent resident.

Restaurant supervisor Michelle Villegas, 31, felt "sad and worried" about online attacks. At work she has encountered customers who have made fun of her for being Filipino.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    racism is more fun in singapore

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014

Nag haharang kasi sa sidewalk and mga OFW, Quiapo style. Maingay pa, kaya maraming nagagalit.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    dami din maingay na kabayan sa bus and mrt...mahihiya ka talaga pag sila nakasabay mo,
    buti na lang mukha akong intsik. 😉

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    This racist pinoy just upped the ante against OFWs in Singapore... Hope he gets the cane and be banned from working abroad.

Pinoy nurse in hot water for anti-Singapore rant
    ABS-CBNnews.com
    Posted at 01/06/2015 6:39 PM

MANILA, Philippines - A Filipino nurse is reportedly under police investigation in Singapore for posting "inflammatory" statements on Facebook against Singaporeans.

Asia One Singapore reported the nurse, who works for Tan Tock Seng Hospital, has been placed on administrative duties pending a police investigation.

In a Facebook post that went viral, the Filipino nurse allegedly called Singaporeans "loosers" (sic) in their own country.

"Now the Singaporeans are loosers in their own country, we take their jobs, their women, their future, and soon evict all SG loosers out of their own country hahaha. The best part, I will be praying that disastors strike Singapore and more Singaporeans die than I will celebrate," a screengrab of the controversial Facebook post read.

The Filipino, who was not identified, claimed that his Facebook account was hacked.

However, Asia One reported that the Filipino had previously made derogatory comments about Singapore on Facebook.

On its Facebook page, the hospital said it was cooperating with the police on the matter.

"The Hospital and the nurse are cooperating fully with the police on this matter. The nurse is currently put on administrative duties, pending police investigations. We thank everyone for their concern and ask for patience for the investigation to take its due course," Tan Tock Seng Hospital said.

The Philippine embassy in Singapore reminded Filipinos to be responsible when posting on social media.

"Be responsible when posting anything online that might be deemed as offensive or hurtful to others. Use your good judgement at all times," the embassy said on Facebook.
    Pinoy nurse in hot water for anti-Singapore rant | ABS-CBN News

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Wrong ispelling pa si dude.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Facebook could change someone's life forever sometimes.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Update...

Tan Tock Seng fires Filipino nurse who made "offensive comments" on Facebook
    PUBLISHED ON JAN 9, 2015 9:42 PM 343 436 1 0

An anti-Singaporean Facebook post, purportedly made by Filipino Ed Mundsel Bello Ello, went viral over the weekend. Mr Ello, who is a nurse at Tan Tock Seng Hospital has since been dismissed. -- PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER

BY HOE PEI SHAN

SINGAPORE - Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) has dismissed the Filipino nurse whose Facebook comments targeting Singaporeans surfaced last week, angering many online.

Mr Ello Ed Mundsel Bello wrote that Singaporeans are "loosers" (losers), and that he was "praying that disators (disasters) will strike Singapore". In a statement to the media on Friday night, TTSH said Mr Bello had joined the hospital in October and was under probation when he made the "offensive online comments".

During its investigations, the hospital was alerted to and received earlier online posts by Mr Bello, including "an offensive Facebook comment on Singapore", and "two offensive comments on religion on his Google Plus page".

Mr Bello confirmed that he had made these three posts, despite having earlier told his employers that he had reported to the police that his Facebook account had been hacked. He was then dismissed.

"These comments were highly irresponsible and offensive to Singapore and religion," said a TTSH spokesman. "They have distressed members of the public and our hospital staff. His conduct goes against our staff values of respect, professionalism and social responsibility. As a public healthcare institution, we take a very serious view and have zero tolerance on conduct that is offensive and detrimental to multi-cultural harmony in Singapore.

"Our decision for dismissal is independent of the ongoing police investigation of the more recent alleged posts made in January 2015. We are still in full cooperation with the police on the alleged comments."
    - See more at: Tan Tock Seng Hospital fires Filipino nurse who made "offensive comments" on Facebook - Singapore More Singapore Stories News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    To my horror, 90% of the passengers in bus 106 were Pinoy maids. I do welcome them to take our public transport as it helps to contribute to our GDP and SMRT’s revenue. Unfortunately, this Pinoy maids were talking so loud in the bus.

They joked and burst out laughing loudly. Its nothing wrong to joke and chit chat in the bus as Sunday is only their off day, however, they should be a little bit more considerate by caring for other passengers too. What I could heard in the bus was Phillipino language and I felt like I am taking a bus in Manila. Their voice were just as loud as thunderstorm (I believe many Singaporeans experience this before. Once a group of Phillipinos boarded a bus or train, your resting time on your journey back home is gone).

Could there be something about Tagalog and other Philippine dialects and the way these are spoken that tends to get under peoples’ skins?
    If we try to be objective about it...... When my wife have other Filipinas drop by at home, it's like a hen house went psycho with all the talk and laughing. I don't mind because if my wife is happy then I'm happy. But, let's face it, they are loud. Even just two of them can create quite a racket.

Among developed societies, other people may not share my own tolerance of the noise, especially in public places.

As for that Filipino caught with his angst in FB...... He should've known by now that many employers eavesdrop on what their employees do in social media. A little common sense would have been good.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 10th, 2015 at 12:55 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast