New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Dapat foot carry para wala silang masabi. Paano kaya iyon? Mala unggoy[emoji85]

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    kakatuwa thread no to, yung mga nag post, parang di sila pinoy.. hehehe... I think the right term to use is "mga kabakayan ko"

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    And most Filipinos don't understand the boarding sequence. Everybody rushes to the boarding gate as if they arrive earlier than the other passengers of the same flight
    Haha. My 7-year old daughter pointed this out during our recent trip to Legazpi. When our flight was called the entire terminal converged at the gate while we waited for all to clear and got on board at the tail end. We just had a couple of knapsacks for carry-on anyway. Same case in an previous HK trips some years ago... a young couple were burdened with maybe 5-6 pieces of bags and shopping bags with their purchased goods (pati box ng sapatos inuwi); even the clothes they had bundled on, buti naman tinanggal yung shopping tags. Hindi nag check-in ampch (kaya ngayon ang strict na ng ibang airlines sa carry-on).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    kaya ako backpack lang madalas.
    pag madami pasalubong pinapauna ko na via bb box,

re: maiingay na pinoys sa sg - i can attest to that.
    lalo na sa orchard area.
    sa pub bus and trains - nakow madalas.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Most of these migrant workers can't STFU . Some, after a year of working overseas punish themselves with a lot of gold around their neck, their wrists and fingers. Hahahaha katas ng singapore/Saudi/Qatar/Bahrain.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    kakatuwa thread no to, yung mga nag post, parang di sila pinoy.. hehehe... I think the right term to use is "mga kabakayan ko"
    This reaction is what we normally call "butt-hurt pinoy reaction". Lol. A side-effect of the infamous "pinoy pride" mentality. We should all reallly do away with that.

The fact is, if you've lived out of the Philippines long enough, you are effectively out of the media brain-washing propaganda and away from the media-brain washed society that makes your thinking jaded/clouded. This in turn clears your mind from all the non sense that the local media plugs into the pinoy "masa" brains (vice-ganda? kris aquino tv shows?) and gives you the space to think clearly. And once you hit that "nirvana enlightenment" state, you'll realize how sad and sorry the state of the Philippines is. You have no competent leadership in the government. All government departments are corrupt. The Pinoy masses has lowest consolidated IQ in Asia due to the the government's inability to properly educate the masses and provide good education (this takes generations to achieve and the government did it. wow.) And worst of all, the masses are apathetic of what happens to the government. They care more about Kris Aquino's BS rather than making a change for the better.

Being abroad for a long time makes you realize all this

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Maid who won $2.3m lottery accused of stealing ticket, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

Maid who won $2.3m lottery accused of stealing ticket

A maid who won $2.3 million in the Singapore Sweep insists she has done nothing wrong, after police received a report from another person claiming that the winning ticket was stolen.

Len (not her real name) told The Straits Times that she bought a Singapore Sweep ticket at a Tampines Singapore Pools outlet in June, while on her way to help a friend remit some money to the Philippines.

That same night, the maid said she got the surprise of her life when her ticket won the lottery's first prize, making her an instant multi-millionaire.

The 44-year-old, who has worked for the same family in Pasir Ris for 14 years, claimed the prize money, deposited it into her bank account here and transferred some of it to her 22-year-old daughter and 23-year-old son in the Philippines.

But last month, three officers from the Ang Mo Kio police division came to the flat where she works.

She said they told her that someone had lodged a report claiming ownership of the winning ticket and that it had been stolen.

Her employer's son was with her at the time the police were questioning her.

She said she was upset by the news, but has complied with requests to hand over details of her bank account.

She also told police where she bought the winning ticket and showed them receipts for the money transfers she had made.

She took them to the Tampines outlet where she bought the ticket.

She stayed outside with one of them while the others went into the shop. "When they came out, they said the security camera video of me buying the ticket had been erased," she said.

Len then offered to take them to the nearby shop where she had helped her friend to remit money, but the officers told her that it was not necessary.

They then took her back to their police vehicle where they asked her more questions.

Since then, they have called her at least four times, asking her for other details such as phone numbers of her friends.

While she still has her winnings, the investigation has left her very worried. "I kept asking the officers to tell me who was accusing me of stealing the ticket, but they wouldn't say," she said.

She added that the police had asked her to go to the police station. But she declined, as she believes she had answered all their questions.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, the police confirmed yesterday that a report had been lodged and "that investigations are ongoing".

Len's employer, a 62-year-old customer service officer, does not believe she did anything wrong.

"She has been honest with us and she's a very nice person," he added.

Len said she has bought a plot of land in the Philippines and plans to build a house on it for her children.

She plans to save the rest of the prize money for their future.

She also intends to keep working for her employer for now.

"They are family to me," she said.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    And most Filipinos don't understand the boarding sequence. Everybody rushes to the boarding gate as if they arrive earlier than the other passengers of the same flight
    hahaha true. Sa isang domestic flight, may sumingit pa sa akin as if mauubusan siya ng upuan.
    Pinasingit ko pero pinaringgan ko na hindi naman mauubusan ng upuan dun unless overbook (which alam naman ng airlines prior to boarding).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung iba kasi kaya nag mamadali maka pasok lalo na yung sang damakmak ang hand carry na uubusan ng slot sa overhead compartment alam nyo naman pinoy style lahat ng pwede dalhin dadalhin

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    In LAX, you go to the boarding gate for Philippine bound planes and compare it to that for Japan bound planes. You'll see the difference.

You can also go to the gate for mainland China bound planes. And you might see the similarity.
    I've also seen situations at airports where most people would be in orderly lines, but not a group of Filipinos. At Narita, Tokyo, I saw security guards yell at a group of Filipinos because they wouldn't line up in single file like everybody else.

But, the Japanese too can disregard rules:

When I took a US-bound JAL 747 flight one time, a Japanese guy took my aisle seat even though that seat number was clearly marked on my boarding pass. When I asked him to get up and go, he refused and raised a fuss in his native tongue until I finally had enough. I got on his face and yelled back. It caused enough of a scene which forced the co-pilot and two stewardesses to get him off my seat.

Apparently, his wife had the aisle seat across mine. He wanted to seat next to her. I would have accommodated him. But, his seat was right in the middle where it's hard to get out. I like my aisle seat. So, nope.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 15th, 2015 at 10:14 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456