New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    He-he! Only in the Philippines...........

Only in the Philippines ba dude!

Try to go overseas, travel around the world....

Para may clue kayo...cluelessness yan dude

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by josh2004i View Post
    Only in the Philippines ba dude!

Try to go overseas, travel around the world....

Para may clue kayo...cluelessness yan dude

What do you mean by that......... Josh?
    Last edited by chua_riwap; September 25th, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I have always viewed homework as useless. Private schools are notorious for piling on homework. This is a trick they use to fool parents into thinking that they are getting their money's worth. Many think that because schoolwork is so "hard" that their kids are getting quality education. "Wow! My kid sleeps late because homework is so hard, research is so hard, there's just so many things to do. This is a great school!"

Homework for college is different though. I see advanced reading as necessary for you to be able to participate during discussion. It's now your responsibility to know what people in class are talking about. The professor is not supposed to hold the handlebars as you struggle to ride the bike anymore. Everybody is assumed to know how to ride at this point.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    tama 'yan, let's pull the children away from studying para manatiling mga mangmang. . .let's not teach the children how to manage their time para para hindi sila lumaking efficient members of the society. . .

i enrolled my kid to kumon so we do her extra lessons even during weekends, so lumalabag pala ako sa batas hehhe

whoever thought of that idea is utak ampaw
    Last edited by vito corleone; September 25th, 2010 at 11:25 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    tama 'yan, let's pull the children away from studying para manatiling mga mangmang. . .let's not teach the children how to manage their time para para hindi sila lumaking efficient members of the society. . .

i enrolled my kid to kumon so we do her extra lessons even during weekends, so lumalabag pala ako sa batas hehhe

whoever thought of that idea is utak ampaw

Bro. Armin L........

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Taga DLSU pa naman sya pero yung time namin ang daming sleepless nights!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Of course,

Government says: KEEP THEM POOR, KEEP THEM STUPID

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    tama lang yan

i came from a family of teachers, parents ko are both teachers, lahat ng tita ko, pati pinsan at kapatid teacher din, ako engr he he

feeling kasi ng school lahat ng dapat matutunan nasa kanila kaya kinukuha nila lahat ng oras, marami pang dapat matutunan outside of school

rememeber yung mga classmates mong honor at valedictorian, yung magagaling sa school, successful din ba sila sa tunay na buhay, sa experience ko hindi eh, school will give you a good chance in life but it will not teach you everything in life

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    check this out

Lapid files bill banning overloading of students’ school bags
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...ts-school-bags
    MANILA, Philippines – First, there was the “no homework on weekend” policy in a memo by Education Secretary Armin Luistro.

Now, there is the “no overloading of school bags” bill filed by Sen. Lito Lapid to prevent young students from getting injured or getting “deformed.”

Lapid filed Senate Bill 2179 or “An act limiting the amount of weight of bags carried by children in school and implementing proactive measures to protect school children’s health from the adverse effect of heavy school bag.”

The measure was forwarded to the committees on health and demography; education, arts and culture; and finance last week.

Lapid explained that young students carrying heavy bags had become a “common phenomenon” in schools as they were required to bring their textbooks, notebooks and other items every day.

However, overloaded backpacks could cause “chronic, low-level trauma” if children were “exposed to this practice over a long period since spinal ligaments and muscles are not fully developed until after 16 years of life,” he said.

He cited a study by the Department of Occupational Therapy at the University of Free State in South Africa, which showed that back pains and spinal problems experienced by young students were due to heavy backpack loads.

“Health is the most priority for the children. Education is futile if the frail bodies of children are compromised. Pupils are supposed to listen to their teachers in school, and read their textbooks at home. In the end, having pupils carry heavy load to school will be counterproductive, with many of them physically deformed as adults,” Lapid said.

“Heavy load in school could be one reason why so many now suffer from spinal injuries, including slipped discs,” he added.

The senator said his bill was meant to make school administrators, teachers, parents and schoolchildren aware of this “unhealthful practice.”

Lapid proposed that schools disallow overweight bags or those that weigh more than 15 percent of a student’s body weight.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ganito nalang, i-ban nalang ang schools

home study nalang lahat ng bata

masyado yata hazardous ang schools sa childhood eh
    Last edited by uls; September 27th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
No homework on weekends - DepEd