New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If one is committing suicide, why would you shoot yourself in the chest?
    Bakit di ba puede? Baka ayaw lang niya mabasag ang ulo.

An examination of the wound would explain if the shot was long range (i.e he was targeted from afar) or consistent with self-affliction (i.e.presence of tattooing, etc.).

Sadly, it was probably the least painful and most expedient way for him to deal with the current bind he's in.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Yun nga isip ko.

I have a feeling that Reyes was assassinated. If one is committing suicide, why would you shoot yourself in the chest?
    er... vanity. the guy may have wanted to looked good inside the box. or to make it less traumatic to the family since they were around.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    he should have said everything he knew before he took his own life. that would have been the most honorable thing to do. atonement/cleansing sana muna.

then again, baka may threat din sa 'boss' niya na kung magsalita siya before siya magpakamatay e ubusin naman pamilya niya.

anyway, now mas mahirap na umabot sa head ang investigation kung naputol na sa leeg.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    i hope this death would be a wake up call to the other Generals (Garcia, Ligot, etc)... but the way they look and acted during the senate hearings, malabo yata. kapalmuks eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GH, wala ako facebook acct eh so hinde ko nakuha yun link pero it was posted sa facebook daw.

Reyes: ‘Wala na ito, pare'
    by Newsbreak on Monday, February 7, 2011 at 6:39pm

“Wala na ito, pare. There is a program to eat me.”

MANILA, Philippines - The late Angelo Reyes would utter these words again and again to his longtime friend and Academy upperclassman, retired Navy Commodore Rex Robles, in the days following the first Senate testimony of Reyes’s former budget officer, retired Lt. Col. George Rabusa.

Reyes felt the die was cast, and that the ongoing inquiry would not just drag the military but his entire family down. “He was depressed,” Robles told Newsbreak.

The Senate hearing yesterday particularly singled out Reyes’s wife, Teresita, who was a close friend of another military wife, Erlinda Ligot. They were known ballroom dancing and traveling partners.

As someone who has his own intelligence network, Reyes knew that in due time, the investigation will bring out even “personal details” about his family, according to Robles.

After lunch also yesterday, Robles said Reyes got a call from former President Arroyo, apparently asking him about what he was planning to do in the wake of the investigation.

In particular, Robles said Mrs. Arroyo asked Reyes about a supposed letter he had sent to Sen. Antonio Trillanes last year, challenging the senator to name names and identify already the “man” behind former military comptroller Carlos Garcia. That letter was hand-delivered to Trillanes by a Trillanes classmate at the Philippine Military Academy, according to Robles.

It’s Robles’s theory that there is another “powerful Arroyo man” behind Garcia. But Trillanes has already said repeatedly it was Reyes.

Following Rabusa’s first appearance at the Senate, Reyes was “just gloomy” and refused to leave his home, according to Robles.

“Hawak nila ang lahat. Wala na ito (They control everything. I have reached a dead-end),” Reyes would constantly tell Robles.

Reyes and Robles go a long way. Robles, who graduated in 1965 at the Philippine Military Academy, was Reyes’s “yearling,” a PMA lingo for an upper class cadet assigned to take care of a cadet one batch younger.

Robles said he tried to put things in perspective for the retired chief of staff, reminding him of the book that Reyes himself had given to him titled “Gamesmanship.”

One option they discussed was for Reyes to call for an executive session, a closed-door hearing with the senators and congresspersons. But even that did not seem palatable to Reyes.

Robles said he told Reyes it would help if he considered this episode as a “game” and that “he should play along with it.”

“But I saw darkness, that he felt it was a dead-end for him,” Robles said. “He would always say, wala na ito, tapos na ito.” – Glenda M. Gloria

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    he should have said everything he knew before he took his own life. that would have been the most honorable thing to do. atonement/cleansing sana muna.
    +1
    guilty or not sana me sinabi siya para kahit papano eh umusad naman ang investigation. now i wonder if the family would say something

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    His suicide only shows how guilty and heavily involved he is in the scandal.

Doesn't shooting the heart at point blank range result in instaneous death? He wants to sure that he couldn't be revived after a shot.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Malamang hindi na kinaya ang kahihiyan.

Guilty siya eh.

Nadamay pa asawa niya.

RIP.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    narecover ba yung baril sa kamay niya or malapit sa kanya if suicide nga?

so in the end, yung ninakaw niya ay pambili lang din ng kabaong niya. but still requiescat in pace.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    it will only show that those big names are involved

so i think to cut off the chain,, Reyes death is the solution

probably there are big names behind Reyes back
    Reyes isnt the only one who has knowledge of those things

large holes in your conspiracy theory

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
NEWS: Former Sec. Angelo Reyes commits Suicide