New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    madalas daw tumambay sa dugout ng ateneo yan si mvp.
    kaya?

ano naman kung madalas tambay niya sa dug out?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    If Ateneo folds to this emotional blackmail of a tycoon, then mukha silang pera. education is more important than money. Yan ang i-prove nila sa mundo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Care to elaborate why you think it's blackmail?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If Ateneo folds, then it's simply being wishy washy. They were already pushed into going anti-RH by a bishop, then they'll be pushed the other way by MVP? A lose-lose situation.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I don't think there is any other potential alumnus/patron out there with the resources, both material and financial, to replace MVP.

I hope this does not bring the Blue Eagles back to the sporting dark ages of the 90's.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post

Care to elaborate why you think it's blackmail?
    All the businessmen I know are mostly pro-RH. Why bec. It's economically sound eh. Why is he distancing himself from the mining issue, coz he is pro-mining. And alam nyo ba pag mayroon mining operations ang isang bansa, grabe ang itataas nyan sa financial markets.

It all sounds good coz Money,Money more Money, and eliminating the useless people of society like the starving children and the future poor.

but this tycoon is not respectable in my standards, alam nyo kung sino respectable si Buffet, he gave all his money away, shied away from investment banks and yet kahit anong tapon nya sa pera nya, money goes back to him and still one of the world's richest man.

Buffet knows that it's not all about money but something else ...

Oh well, Ateneo is pure money naman talaga just like my alma mater in Taft, pero I'm happy that the Jesuits did not give in to this so-called tycoon, yun mga La Salian brothers namin pwede pa siguro mabili ni MVP, eh Mga amerkano yun eh

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    All the businessmen I know are mostly pro-RH. Why bec. It's economically sound eh. Why is he distancing himself from the mining issue, coz he is pro-mining. And alam nyo ba pag mayroon mining operations ang isang bansa, grabe ang itataas nyan sa financial markets.

It all sounds good coz Money,Money more Money, and eliminating the useless people of society like the starving children and the future poor.

but this tycoon is not respectable in my standards, alam nyo kung sino respectable si Buffet, he gave all his money away, shied away from investment banks and yet kahit anong tapon nya sa pera nya, money goes back to him and still one of the world's richest man.

Buffet knows that it's not all about money but something else ...

Oh well, Ateneo is pure money naman talaga just like my alma mater in Taft, pero I'm happy that the Jesuits did not give in to this so-called tycoon, yun mga La Salian brothers namin pwede pa siguro mabili ni MVP, eh Mga amerkano yun eh

Sa totoo lang, wala akong naintindihan sa mga sinabi mo pwera na lang sa huling paragraph....PERO wala ka namang sinabi o pagpapaliwanag kung bakit mo nasabing "blackmail" ang ginawa ni MVP.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    THE Ateneo will not fold, they have been expecting this fallout for quite some time now...remember don't forget the "THE".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    THE Ateneo will not fold, they have been expecting this fallout for quite some time now...remember don't forget the "THE".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You must never, ever forget "THE" (THE UP, THE de La Salle, THE tsikot.com)... :D

Kasama yan sa "Intro to Ateneo Culture" na classes.

But yes, life goes on for all. And besides, with or without MVP, DLSU will still have more money than Ateneo (if what i know is correct).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    I don't think Ateneo would let themselves be hostaged with this... pero di rin kaila na education costs... major investment din yun...
    A critical balancing act, indeed.... Just like any other institution....

16.9K:spam:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    MVP’s disengagement leaves Ateneo future with Perasol uncertain | InterAKTV

MVP’s disengagement leaves Ateneo future with Perasol uncertain
    Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Tuesday, September 25, 2012 · 4:31 pm

AKTV/Leslie Sy
    Former Powerade Tigers coach Bo Perasol was all set to take over the Ateneo Blue Eagles from Norman Black next season, before team patron Manuel V. Pangilinan annouced his desire to “completely and totally disengage” from the university.

“I have already started practicing the Team B of Ateneo and has been making scouting, learning (about) the school’s culture as well as the team’s supporters,” said Perasol. “We didn’t know this thing was going to happen.”

(InterAKTV is part of InterAksyon.com, the news website of TV5, which is chaired by Pangilinan.)

The news worried the coach, who led the Air 21 Express and the Powerade Tigers to the PBA finals. But Perasol said he was soon personally assured by the businessman about his professional future.

“He called me up from Tokyo and told me that they will support me all the way,” said Perasol.

However, it still remains to be seen whether he will go on to coach the Blue Eagles next season with Pangilinan cutting ties with the university, for which the businessman has been the top sports patron.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen next or what would be my next designation,” said Perasol. “But I’m really grateful with the support given to me by the MVP group.”

Pangiinan bankrolls Talk ‘N Text and Meralco in the PBA, and the NLEX Road Warriors in the PB D-League, and the SMART-Gilas Pilipinas national team, giving him plenty of opportunities to reassign Perasol if he so desires.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
MVP parts ways with Ateneo 'completely', cites irreconcilable differences over RH and