The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Dionisia is right: Pacman should retire
    By Belinda Olivares-Cunanan
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 02:27:00 11/17/2009

I totally agree with Mommy Dionisia that her son should now retire and not face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the “Dream Fight,” as boxing aficionados are pushing for. Dionisia doubtless wants to see her son hang up his gloves while he’s way ahead, and not to end his glorious career in defeat, a distinct possibility with the entrenched Mayweather. If a poll of all Filipino mothers were taken, I think majority of them would go with Dionisia.

I caught the fight in Fort Bonifacio’s grandstand where the Army put up a giant screen. It was packed to the rafters and when the National Anthem was sung by three women, a lot of us in the back and side rows stood up. Energy Secretary Angelo Reyes and the VIPs with him in the front row remained seated. This, I think, was improper behavior. If they were in the privacy of their homes it would have been a different story, but the grandstand is a public area, just like a movie theater, and they should have stood up to honor the anthem. The former AFP chief of staff should have set a good example to the soldiers and their families.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Well, he's the top puppy of foreign companies who sell oil here. You don't really expect a traitor to respect the country he deserted.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    So what do you expect pa ba sa isang high government official who is there only to serve his self-interest. Kaya nga di pa mahatulan si General Garcia ng plunder kase andyan pa siya. Kung babasahin mo ang mga articles ng PCIJ (Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism) siya ang brains behind the procurement scams ng AFP, lackey nya lang si General Garcia. Malas lang ni Gen. Garcia at siya ang nakulong, di itong garapal at matigas ang mukhang si Ex-General Angelo Reyes.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Don't vote that puppet/ lameduck retired general for any local office once he file his candidacy. Just recall he held the following as department secretary- National Defense, Interior/ Local Government, Environment/ Natural Resources and presently Energy. Did he accomplished something significant for the country?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka tumayo siya nung kinanta yung nat'l anthem ng Puerto Rico?

Bastos pala yang si Angie.......Pwe!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mahina na tuhod nyan

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    wala namang nagawa si angelo reyes eh. walang wala.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually, meron. Sya ang lawyer-broker ng oil companies. May binabalak pa lang ang Govt, sinasabi na agad nya ano ang counter-move against it.

I'm sure malaki na rin ang kinita nya. With a few more months to go, he's squeezing what he can to get more money from his seat.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Tsk tsk tsk.... Papaano mo igagalang at pagkakatiwalaan ang mga government officials natin? Paggalang sa Pambansang Awit at Bandila,- hindi nila magawa?

8900:painting:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    It's payback time...
    Trillanes vs Reyes: It’s payback time

By Christian V. Esguerra
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 02:41:00 01/28/2011

MANILA, Philippines—What goes around, comes around.
    Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV finally got back at his former superior, grilling him over complaints of massive corruption in the military, which precipitated the Oakwood uprising of 2003.
    A former mutineer, Trillanes blew his top over repeated complaints by former Defense Secretary Angelo Reyes that his name was being damaged by allegations that he pocketed at least P150 million during his stint as military chief of staff.
    “If you are so concerned about your name, you should have fixed yourself while you were in office!” an angry Trillanes thundered in the middle of the Senate blue ribbon committee hearing Thursday.
    “This is the time of reckoning. You better find very good lawyers.”
    The confrontation was unusual for graduates of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA), whose respect for seniority endures even way beyond their careers in the armed services.
    Trillanes, who led the takeover by rebel soldiers of the Oakwood hotel in Makati City in 2003, was Reyes’ junior at the PMA by more than 20 years.
    Rabusa commended
    Trillanes commended retired Col. George Rabusa for his statements at the committee hearing about how Reyes and other top military officials allegedly amassed millions from government coffers.
    “You know, this issue is very personal to me and to my group,” he told Reyes, recalling his stint as a member of the Magdalo group of mutineers.
    “We were incarcerated for more than seven years and during those times, all of you claimed that our allegations were baseless. Then here comes (Colonel) Rabusa, who, by the way, I would like to thank for coming out, for having the courage to stand up.”
    Reyes’ request
    Reyes denied Rabusa’s allegations and repeatedly asked senators to allow him to directly question his former subordinate. A resource person is not normally allowed in Senate hearings to address a fellow guest.
    “Can I ask Colonel Rabusa, if, during the time that I was chief of staff, if I became greedy? Did I ask him for anything? Did I demand money from him, officially or unofficially?” Reyes said in Filipino.
    Sen. Jinggoy Estrada rebuffed him: “This is not an issue of greed. The issue is if you collected money, if you were corrupt as chief (of staff) of the Armed Forces. Who cares if you were generous?”
    Function delegated
    When he was finally allowed by Sen. Teofisto Guingona III, committee chair, Reyes asked Rabusa if he ever interfered in the preparation and distribution of the “provisions for command-directed activities” fund—the supposed source of loot in the AFP.
    Rabusa said Reyes was telling the truth in this respect, but reminded his former boss: “No, sir, because you delegated the function to me and (retired Lt.) Gen. (Jacinto) Ligot (former comptroller).”
    “The instruction that I heard directly from you before was, ‘Wag nyo lang akong papirmahin ng alanganin (Just don’t make me sign anything that would get me into trouble),’” he said.
    Reyes replied: “This amount that you said you gave me, did I ask it from you?” Rabusa answered that Reyes did not, but was cut by Guingona, who said the hearing should not be turned into a “debate session.”
    Money in vaults
    During his stint as budget officer, Rabusa said he was tasked to handle so much money that he had to store the money in several vaults in his office. He said he was authorized to distribute amounts to commanders who would come to him.
    Rabusa said he later sought Reyes’ permission to open an account for the funds. He said he eventually opened one under his name at a Security Bank branch in Makati City.
    He said the deposit reached around P200 million before he decided to withdraw them at P10 million monthly later. He said he feared he might get caught by the just-created Anti-Money Laundering Council.
    Rabusa appeared in the hearing only because he was approached by Estrada’s lawyer a few days ago.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Mis-Behavior of a Official