New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    hinde kasi porke nasa america eh mayaman, hinde rin naman pinupulot ang pera doon...dollars ang kita dollars din ang gastos....
    agree din ako dito. kaya lang naman mukhang malaki ang sweldo sa US ay kung iconvert mo to pesos. pero sa US, maliit lang yun. mataas ang cost of living nila. isipin mo ang pagupit lang equivalent dito mga 500 pesos! kaya mga kakilala kong ofw pag umuuwi dito nagpapakalbo. para tipid daw sa gupit dun. also take in consideration that they use more fuel. they travel longer distances with bigger cars. plus the maintenance! susmaryosep. pasalamat pa tayo na may banawe at mura't magagaling na mekaniko dito.

pero grabe nga ang 47 pesos to a liter dito. hindi na makatao.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I just wish they'd hurry up with the introduction and refinement of CRDi VGT everything ...

bukod sa elite lang ang may tsikot dito sa Pinas, mas efficient mga sasakyan dito at mas maliliit. Mas mareklamo nga sa gaso ang ibang taga 1st world, kaso bakit di muna kaya bawasan ang mga V6 at V8 at dagdagan ang diesel man lang?

Nung Civic tsikot ko na nakaka 12-14 kms/liter, di ko halos nararamdaman kung 2-3 pesos lang ang price increase ng gaso eh. Lalo kung bumababa din after a whie.

Buti na lang dito sa ME mura ang petrol.

4.80AED/gallon (1AED=P10.5) so thats around=P50.40/gallon

P50.40/3.785412 (4L=1gallon) so thats P13.31/L...mura diba?

Full tank ko ng 2.4L accord umaabot lang ng 73AEDX10.5= P766.50

fyi
    Last edited by awing; April 23rd, 2008 at 04:12 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I just wish they'd hurry up with the introduction and refinement of CRDi VGT everything ...

bukod sa elite lang ang may tsikot dito sa Pinas, mas efficient mga sasakyan dito at mas maliliit. Mas mareklamo nga sa gaso ang ibang taga 1st world, kaso bakit di muna kaya bawasan ang mga V6 at V8 at dagdagan ang diesel man lang?

Nung Civic tsikot ko na nakaka 12-14 kms/liter, di ko halos nararamdaman kung 2-3 pesos lang ang price increase ng gaso eh. Lalo kung bumababa din after a whie.

Totoo yan, maraming gusto ng malakas na makina pero pag tumaas ang presyo ng gasolina aangal rin sila. Dito sa California galit sila sa diesel kaya masmahal pa ang diesel kaysa sa premium. Gayahin dapat ang Europe, small efficient cars kahit diesel masmatipid pa rin kaysa sa mga hybrids. Dito lang naman nauso ang hybrid sa US dahil ayaw nila ng diesel.

Now, I drive less and slower.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Totoo yan, maraming gusto ng malakas na makina pero pag tumaas ang presyo ng gasolina aangal rin sila. Dito sa California galit sila sa diesel kaya masmahal pa ang diesel kaysa sa premium. Gayahin dapat ang Europe, small efficient cars kahit diesel masmatipid pa rin kaysa sa mga hybrids. Dito lang naman nauso ang hybrid sa US dahil ayaw nila ng diesel.

Now, I drive less and slower.

Bakit ba sila galit sa Diesel? Are they not aware that the new CRDi Diesels, especially the Euro ones, are clean, fuel efficient, AND fast?

Even US companies are starting to get into the act. Kaya IMHO, one shouldn't complain of gas prices until they've at least considered equally powerful, more fuel efficient diesels. Here are just some examples:

Subcompact: Hyundai Accent (30+ kms/liter hiway, 0-100 in 8.5 secs)

Compact Hatch: Ford Focus TDCi (21.5 kms/liter hiway, 0-100 in 9.2 secs)

Compact: Hyundai Elantra (No Data)

SUVs/CUVs: Subaru Boxer Diesels (Tribeca & Legacy Wagon)! (No data), Pajero, LR Freelander, Ford Everest, Isuzu Alterra, Hyundai VeraCruz, Sante Fe, Toyota Fortuner, Chevrolet Captiva, Ssangyong Actyon & Rexton, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sorento, Kia Sportage

Vans: Ssangyong Stavic (MB Engine) (9-11 kms/liter mixed, 162 hp 251 lb-ft torque), Starex, Carnival, Hiace

Pickup: There's no gas diesel sold in RP that can sell decently without a diesel kaya lahat yata diesel. hehehe.

At anytime tumaas pa ang presyo ng diesel, all you have to do is visit your nearest fast food joint. heehee.

Dito, once CRDi gets into the jeepneys and buses, palagay ko pati mga puj/pub drivers tatahimik -- pero mga 3-5 years pa siguro yun kasi wala pang surplus na CRDi yata eh.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Fortunately they're already going to market diesels here, but I think that it's only to get the prices of diesel down (just my opinion). A few years ago, the Mercedes E320 Bluetec became the cleanest diesel engine to be made - ever - and yet it still failed the California emissions regulations in that regard. I know that diesels, European diesels at least, are very clean, efficient, fast and modern by all standards. Heck, the VW Lupo diesels can even get better MPG than the Toyota Prius ever did. No need to make new technology and sell it with all the glamor of the Prius.

I really can't pinpoint the exact reasons, I can think of two but those spawn from the dark ages of GM gasolines being converted to diesels and failing miserably so that probably shunted the image of diesel cars in the US. The news channels keep saying there'll be more efficient cars, and possibly even diesels in 2008. I have yet to see one on the road, well 2008 hasn't really ended yet. But even last time when the MB E320 CDI was legally available in some other states, you had to have a car that surpassed a certain number of miles for it to be legally registered in California. I've heard many other things in other discussion boards that some diesel owners, especially those with pick up trucks (more often than not registered as commercial vehicles by the way), receive notifications about their trucks saying it has to be taxed or that certain limits will be applied, etc. - because it's a diesel. It's crazy, I don't know the exact details since it's been quite a while ago but that's basically what I've heard so far.

I don't know if this is a good thing, but somebody said the fuel stations now carry pumps that provide 5-20% biodiesel as standard. Maybe - just maybe - that's the reason for the increased prices (?) but since I have yet to fill up my tank since I don't drive that much anymore I haven't really seen these labels that say so. If manufacturers here in the US allow only up to 5% biodiesel use in their brand new cars, won't the use of more than that void the warranty? And how can they really tell how much is biodiesel and how much is petro diesel? Who's going to pay for the warranty repair? If the customers say that they just fueled up but the manufacturer says it voided the warranty, that will create a rift between the two, hence my statement if it's going to be good or not. For used car owners like me I'm all for it but for others who have brand new diesels, probably not so.

Sorry for the rant...it just doesn't make sense to me. Even with low sulfur diesel, the price of diesel was already higher than premium - the move to ultra low sulfur diesel to me doesn't justify the higher cost, even if measures are done to restore the lubricity lost with low sulfur content. The move to ULSD is actually more harmful for cars because of the loss of lubricity. Going veggie is not in any of my alternate plans, however. Veggie oil has been known to cause IP issues in the long run especially if it's not heated or done in a two-tank system. Look for "lovecraft" - there's recent news that show disparity between the new and former owner of it. A lot of diesel W123 owners call them Lovecrap due to the inadequate systems they provide that ultimately kill a lot of older MB diesels.
    Last edited by mbeige; April 24th, 2008 at 05:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    May I know how much on a liter of gas now in the phils. Gas prices here in states are not same, here in california alone one town to another are diff. prices. For example; where I lived regular unleaded is $3.95 a gallon and $4.10 a gallon for premium, in the town of Baker (ca.) gas are $6.75 a gallon on unleaded and over $7 dollars in premium.

1 us gallon is equal to 3.78 liters. Lets compare the price.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    May I know how much on a liter of gas now in the phils. Gas prices here in states are not same, here in california alone one town to another are diff. prices. For example; where I lived regular unleaded is $3.95 a gallon and $4.10 a gallon for premium, in the town of Baker (ca.) gas are $6.75 a gallon on unleaded and over $7 dollars in premium.

1 us gallon is equal to 3.78 liters. Lets compare the price.
    It's currently $3.25 per gallon for regular unleaded (octane: 87) here where I live and maybe a bit lower at the other side of town.

I suppose I should be thankful it's not as high as where you're at. But if prices keep going up, we'll be vacationing closer to home this summer or postpone it until the end of summer when gas prices typically starts to drop once more. Here, gas prices tend to go up towards summer and down towards winter.

Unlike sa US even the poorer people have to have a car since there is no public transportation to speak of....
    We do have public transportation. They're nice comfortable buses too. Unfortunately unlike in the Philippines where buses are almost always filled to capacity, the buses here rarely have more than 10 passengers at any given time. Their routes are also tied down to within city limits.

The only bus service in my area are for senior citizens who get free bus service to many places in town and back.

Both bus services courtesy are of our tax dollars at work.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 24th, 2008 at 05:52 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kung pagiging matibay rin lang ng Pinoy motorists,- talagang matibay....

1. Sa presyo ng gasolina vs. sa kita natin
    2. Sa maintenance ng sasakyan kahit na sabihing may mura tayong alternatibo vs. sa kita natin
    3. Sa trapik na binubuno natin araw-araw
    4. Sa gulo ng daan natin sa dami ng mga naglipanang tao, kariton, bisikleta, traysikel, bus, jeep, motor, van, kotse ng kapwa natin drivers na hindi marunong sumunod (o ayaw sumunod) sa batas trapiko.
    5. Sa kakulangan o kawalan o kamangmangan ng pagpapatupad ng batas trapiko
    6. Sa klase ng baku-bakong kalye at ginagawang kalye na ating dinaraanan
    7. Sa klase ng ilaw sa mga kalye na ating dinaraanan
    8. Sa kakulangan o kawalan ng tulong sa mga daan pag tayo ay nasiraan (ng bait.... hehehe) ng sasakyan

Matibay nga ang Pinoy drivers!

5909:burn:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post

Because diesel engines got a bad reputation in the US from the 70's gas crisis as being smoke belching engines with not much horsepower. Since then the market has elected to buy smaller displacement engines as opposed to diesel engines. That same crisis also forced car makers(domestic and foreign) to make cleaner and more fuel efficient engines. It's true that people have V6 and V8 engine cars but a greater majority of the people here actually own 4 cylinder cars. If you look at the Camry alone more 4 cylinder versions are sold compared to the V6. This current gas pricing problem will again force car makers to make better cars that will get better mileage. There is also talk of car makers bringing in diesel version of their vehicles but they still have to find a way to pass the emissions testing. What is considered a clean diesel engine in the Philippines wouldn't pass the emissions testing in the US, much less for California who other states are now starting to follow with regards to emissions requirements.

As for cars being more efficient in the Philipines that can be debated ,since how efficient is it to sit in traffic for 2 hours to move 10 miles. The cars are smaller because so are the roadways and the people and the slower speed they travel. Try driving a small car like the Picanto, Alto, etc at freeeway speeds, not the 65mph posted but closer to the 75mph-85mph(120km/h-136km/h) and have a big rig pass by and see if that doesn't make you pray to all the saints in heaven.
    Last edited by redorange; April 24th, 2008 at 08:36 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
matibay din pinoy motorists