New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    kahapon tumawag kamaganak ko na nasa states at napagusapan namin ang presyo ng gas. langhya nagrereklamo ramdam daw nila ang mahal ng gas dun. naisip ko lng kapal naman ng mukha neto eh mas mahal pa ata gas namin dito sa pilinas eh i hope my computations are right sa kanila $3.51 a gallon sa atin $4.33 per gallon tayo tama ba?

sa isang bansa gaya ng US where the cost of a car is about half the price here and their wage is 10times compared here i find it ironic na nagcocomplain pa yun mokong na yun. akala ko ba karamihan dun middle class? eh mga nasa middleclass dito they dont care.. makes me think na poor yun mga nasa states ang yabang pa naman ng mga nandun

eh dito nga sa pinas eh ang trapik pa eh parang walang crisis eh.

dito nga sa pinas parang training ni rocky eh lagi NO PAIN

PRICE OF GAS

P15---ok

P20---no pain

P25---no pain

P30---no pain( ako umaray)

P35---no pain(nagpaconvert nako lpg)

P40---no pain

P45---no pain(dami pa din oto dito sa paligid ko)

P50---no pain(ganun pa din yan)

P55---no pain(ganun pa din yan wlang mababago)

P60---no pain(ganun pa din)

P65---no pain(ganun pa din)

P70---no pain(ganun pa din)

P75---no pain

P80---manhid na haha

pero i see gas prices should stabilize at around a little bit lower than $4.45 since that is the cost of producing an equivalent gallon of hydrogen. of course that does not include the politics of the oil cartel.

i expect decline in noticeable trafic(since many will not be using their cars) at around 70 per liter

mlamang pumalo na ng P50(unleaded) by june since dami pa kulang ng US sa stockpile nila 50% plang ata sila ngyon

haay buhay
    Last edited by boydapa; April 23rd, 2008 at 11:47 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    well i agree with you in many ways. tanong ko, why are the huge US oil companies getting bigger and bigger profits at the sacrifice of oil consumers? bakit hindi pwedeng i-peg ang profit nila by not using percentage of cost per barrels' worth? same sa atin. ang RVAT, for example is 12% ng oil price. definitely there's a big difference between 12% of P37 vs 12% of P45 cost per liter, also the same with the local oil companies' profit. kaya nga may nagsi-circulate na email ngayon na in order to force the big oil companies to reduce their prices, i-boycott daw ang pagbili sa kanila at doon tayo bumili sa small oil companies. it's worth trying, at mas mura din naman talaga by a few cents ang gasoline sa small oil players.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde kasi porke nasa america eh mayaman, hinde rin naman pinupulot ang pera doon...dollars ang kita dollars din ang gastos....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    hinde kasi porke nasa america eh mayaman, hinde rin naman pinupulot ang pera doon...dollars ang kita dollars din ang gastos....
    At least somebody understands.

They don't announce price increases here like they do in the Philippines so the price can go up anytime. The $3.51 is the US average some places have $4 + for gas. Here in Guam where gas is now $4.19 per gallon, the minimum wage is only $5.85 per hour, and not having a car means no way to get to work as there is no public transportation. Some people have to work two to three jobs just to survive and still feed their extended family in the Philippines who assume that life in the US is heavenly.
    Last edited by redorange; April 23rd, 2008 at 12:47 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i know someone who works with a petroleum company here. they actually made a profit last year in the billions. (in the tens of billions ata)

for the life of me, i cant reconcile that with the fact that they keep raising prices which in turn drives prices of basic commodities up? there is something wrong there, i think.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    blame fuel prices on the weak US dollar.

oil is priced in dollars.

Everyone with a strong currency can buy more dollars...

Which in turn is used to buy oil.

But since oil is a finite resource and there's too much money chasing oil, there is tremendous upward pressure on the price of oil.

Oil is now almost $120/barrel.

Same thing is happening with rice.

And many other commodities.

-----------------------------------

$4 a gallon oil is the result of the weak USD.

dont blame the oil companies.

dont blame OPEC and other oil produces.

Blame the Fed.

they created to much dollars.

the world is flooded with dollars.

trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars...

what happens when all that money tries to buy the very finite, very limited commodities in the world?

INFLATION.
    Last edited by uls; April 23rd, 2008 at 01:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We must remember sa Pilipinas only the elite own cars. The masa only commute. Unlike sa US even the poorer people have to have a car since there is no public transportation to speak of.... With that in mind, the elite can still cope up with the rising gas prices, but for sure there will be a boiling point and that will differ from person to person. Of course uls explanation I totally agree with. The US has abused their reserve currency status and has resorted to printing money and debt based spending.... There will come a time where the world will no longer accept the paper being printed by the US which is all paper and no backing anyway....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *double Post*
    Last edited by tidus1203; April 23rd, 2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Double post

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pag nag P100 per liter ang gas, magbibisikleta nako hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    yah its true dollar ang kita nila at dollar din ang gastos.
    pero ang problem is peso and kita natin pero dollar ang gastos(sa mahal)
    parang lugi ata tayo

kaya billions ang kinikita ng mga oil companies na yan they control the market in so far as their commodity is concerned. their product oil does not follow the basic economic principles of demand supply price. and sad to say we live in a free market economy, a capitalist economy that is based on greed and power that is why it works.someonn said(you know who) that capitalism will lead to its own destruction. and i think we are getting there based on the situation. these cartels are pushing the market too much to the point of breakage dragging the world into a recession.

mahirap mag analyze from the consumer point of view because what we see is just the market and what we do not see is the political tension/collusion/brasuhan dyan sa world market dati kasi nun bago plang yan oil it was just an economic commodity pero ngayon it is now a political commodity.

mali pala computation ko na $4.00+ ang hydrogen. papalo sya ng $7.00 when commercialized. unless may other cheaper sources other than hydrogen eh malamang pumalo pa ng P100.00 barrier ang gas pag nagkataon.im just using commercial production of hydrogen as breakpoint.
    kasi these cartels know na wala pang alternative as of now.

the only solution i can think of right now to this problem is Technology.
    it should correct things out. scientists should push technolgy to its limits.
    we have been living in fossil fuel age for more than a 100yrs na it should end
    sooner than we think.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
matibay din pinoy motorists