New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Na "wow-mali!" na naman ang Malacanang..........

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/12...mnesty-blooper

Aquino gov't makes another amnesty 'blooper'

MANILA, Philippines (1st UPDATE) - An administration ally in the Senate is "extremely disappointed" with Malacañang for submitting to them an inaccurate list of beneficiaries of the amnesty proclamation, which includes a fellow senator and members of the communist party.

Senate peace, unification and reconciliation chairman Teofisto Guingona III had to suspend the hearing on Monday because of the inclusion of Sen. Gregorio Honasan, a former rebel soldier, and members of the Communist Party of the Philippines-National Democratic Front in the list of those involved in the 2006 standoff of the Marines.

"I decided to suspend the hearings until they can get their act together," Guingona said Monday, referring to Malacañang. Guingona noted that even Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa could not explain the list, which they got from the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

"It is very obvious that they did not consult each other. You can see in their body language," Guigona told reporters after the hearing. Asked when the hearing would resume, the senator said, "We wait, wait, and wait until they submit a list that is acceptable to me."

Monday's hearing was the second time Guingona's committee tackled the proclamation. Immediately after the first hearing on October, the committee approved President Aquino's Proclamation 50.

The proclamation was revised, however, because of unclear and incorrect parts like the effectivity clause, which states that the amnesty takes effect as soon as the President signs the proclamation.

Poor staff work

In an interview on ANC's On the Scene, Senator Franklin Drilon, also an administration ally, said the mistake was an "indication of the lack of preparedness" of the Palace and of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

Asked if it was part of the "learning curve" of a new government, Drilon said it was certainly "poor staff work."

"They didn't even examine the list submitted to us...very poor staff work," he said. "Even the armed forces is not certain who are eligible for amnesty."

Palace: Nothing wrong with list

Meanwhile, A Palace official said on Monday there was nothing wrong with the inclusion of Senator Gregorio Honasan on the list of possible applicants for amnesty as alleged by some senators.

In a press briefing in Malacañang, Senior Deputy Executive Secretary Jose Amor Amorado said the list of possible applicants for the amnesty was based on the lists prepared by the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Department of National Defense (DND), and the Department of Justice (DOJ).

In the case of Honasan, his name was submitted by the DOJ based on a case on the 2006 Marine standoff, which is still pending preliminary investigation at the department.

"As far as the Office of the Executive Secretary is concerned, I don't think we committed any mistake regarding the submission of the list. The list that was submitted came from the AFP and DND list, and the DOJ," Amorado said.

"I don't think there is anything to explain. If he is watching now, I would like to tell him that we did not make the list, we just got the list from the Department of Justice," he added. "We did not see anything wrong with it. It's only a list. It's still pending preliminary investigation."

The Palace is not revising the list only to "amplify it" to possibly include other names.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I'm actually not surprised to see another set of bloopers
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    To those who expected something from Noynoy, well here goes your decision. Ruining our country day by day

Thanks to you guys

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    pati si Drilon napacomment

priceless...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    To those who expected something from Noynoy, well here goes your decision. Ruining our country day by day

Thanks to you guys
    Hehehe. Now, sino nga ba yung todo defend kay Noynoy dun sa 'Will you vote Noynoy for President" thread?

Wala lang. Hi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Poor staff work. Do we tolerate mediocrity? Oh, well...a government is perfect, an administration isn't. uggh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    There goes your "wiser" vote.

What a bunch of amateurs. My alma mater's student council could have done better. This is where you stop discriminating schools, since I believe most of Penoy's cabinet came from a school somewhere in Katipunan - but look at the performance so far.

Adjustment period? What excuse would be used in case another joke like this happens? They should go back to highschool

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dami talaga p-noy haters.:bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    It only shows how much he lacks in terms of experience...I mean, since he entered politics...what has he got to show for it?

We still have 5+ years to go...more bloopers to come...more people nominated to posts due to personal "utang na loob" and God knows what else.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    dami talaga p-noy haters.:bwahaha:
    I don't hate him...I just don't trust him as our chief executive. I worked for some really good folks and they make far better decisions than he does.

I haven't seen any solid planning and execution so far from him...but he does smile a lot when being interviewed, and guess what..he's turning out to be quite a ladies man since he got elected...di ba, dumping his old flame and dating women left and right.

And yes, I didn't vote for him.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Malacanang makes another 'Blooper'!