New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Lately, I've been reading this line (or something with similar meaning) in message boards and forums including tsikot especially in the aftermath of the Yolanda.

Mainly, coming from noynoy supporters, I sense this as a way of justifying incompetence. (Before the alibi is "si GMA ang may kasalanan).

Politics in our country is not as straighforward as "kung sinong magaling, siyang mananalo".Our current president is precisely the proof that kahit hindi ka magaling, pwede ka manalo.

Call me hater. But I am more of a non-believer from the very start simply because of the inexperience and lack of track record which is basically showing every time there is a crisis in the country.

Now to end this rant of sorts, sa palagay niyo sino mas magaling, si Mar Roxas o Binay? Sino iboboto niyo?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Lately, I've been reading this line (or something with similar meaning) in message boards and forums including tsikot especially in the aftermath of the Yolanda.

Mainly, coming from noynoy supporters, I sense this as a way of justifying incompetence. (Before the alibi is "si GMA ang may kasalanan).

Politics in our country is not as straighforward as "kung sinong magaling, siyang mananalo".Our current president is precisely the proof that kahit hindi ka magaling, pwede ka manalo.

Call me hater. But I am more of a non-believer from the very start simply because of the inexperience and lack of track record which is basically showing every time there is a crisis in the country.

Now to end this rant of sorts, sa palagay niyo sino mas magaling, si Mar Roxas o Binay? Sino iboboto niyo?
    Who's the lesser of two evils? One is an incompetent scene stealer while the other is a despot who has delusions of grandeur.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I don't like any of the 2 but given your choices,I would go for Mar. I will NEVER vote for Jejomar Binay. Itsura pa lang niya, kasing itim na niya ang plano niya sa Pinas. Sobrang lagim.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    yun lang talaga ang choices? i'd go for the gordon-bayani tandem.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Anyway, from what I understand here on tsikot is that the posters are not really PNoy apologists but are rather:
    - Fed up with how politics has been and perhaps what PNoy is trying to do in principle is still better than all the fck we've had in the last few years.
    - Pissed off also at people who have done nothing but complain about the government and yet, they probably are not doing anything either (Bayad Muna, is that you?). Tamang tama naman, since the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination was commemorated recently, a lot of people still fail to grasp one of his often used words: "Ask not what your country can do for you...". That's why it's great to see when people take it upon themselves to do something rather than just sit around and complain.

It's a given that Mar flubbed the ball when it was his time to shine while on the other hand, Binay has not been doing anything groundbreaking and has so far been sitting the fence on major issues and quietly propagating his 2016 machinery. Thus, we are still really at a loss this 2016 if you ask me.

Take a look also not only at the national government (basically, blaming the president for everything under the sun). The big and real problems that affect a lot of us everyday (corruption, ineptitude, etc.) likewise emanates greatly from the local level and the various departments we deal with. If you put Yolanda (and even Ondoy) as the mark of measurement, who is primarily responsible to ensure the safety of an area? You don't expect the president or Binay (although i sometimes wish he was at the forefront of the storm surge... hehehe) to go door-to-door and tell the people to seek higher ground, it's the LGU. As i mentioned on the Yolanda thread, other less developed areas in Samar and Leyte appear to not have the massive fatalities as Tacloban because the people were evacuated and moved to higher ground. The LGU will reason out that they were slow to respond because they were also all affected personally; that comes to show that they did not at least move to higher ground to wait out the storm (I'd admit that i myself was not expecting it to be that magnitude of a disaster; particularly the tsunami-esque storm surge).

Anyway, at the end of the day we all just have to help do our part in helping our country socially, economically and politically, and not only sit behind our computers and watch for Pampam updates all day. Gago na talaga tayo if we still do not learn from all these...

Edit: Between Mar and Binay, I'd definitely not vote for Binay. Now if only we can do something about Korina...
    Last edited by vinj; November 26th, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013

I don't get this.

Dapat tong thread na to target those arm chair expert o mali lang ang thread title.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005

pre-campaign palang sinabi ko LP made Aquino run for president coz they saw the turnout at Cory's funeral and the knew they got a winner

it's not about making Aquino president coz magaling siya or experienced siya or competent siya

it's about getting LP into power by using the Aquino brand

i'm sure they know Aquino isnt president material but he has THE SURNAME

elections in the Philippines is all about surnames

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hindi naman binoboto ang mga "magaling"

kahit ano galing mo kung hindi ka kilala hindi ka mananalo

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya don't be surprised if Kris Aquino runs for president someday... and wins!

the Aquino brand is right up there with Jollibee,Smart, Lucky Me

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hindi naman binoboto ang mga "magaling"

kahit ano galing mo kung hindi ka kilala hindi ka mananalo
    Just ask Gibo...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast