New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    OFWs: Jobs in Libya better than coming home

What do you guys think? i've lived a relatively sheltered life so far, so maybe that's why i can't understand the statement above. While there is obviously an unemployment problem here, if you stay in Libya chances are you won't stay employed once the place you work in gets blown up, or you wind up dead -- then you'd be permanently unemployed.

On the other hand, if you come back here, you can look for jobs elsewhere...where nobody's trying to blow each other up...at least not in a nationwide siege scale.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Sir not all but mostly ,those OFWs are blue collar workers,they find it hard to find jobs back home,secondly ,they think na ang sweldo nila dito ay di sapat para sa pagod nila,while sa abroad ,may angat ng konti,kaya lang they have to endure years away from their families:sad::giveup:
    Last edited by cardict; August 5th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Mahihirapan talagang makahanap ng trabaho ang mga yan pag umuwi yan dito but then again lose lose situation na yan so might as well be with your family.

For sure iiyak din yang mga yan sa government pag naiipit na sa matinding gyera.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    takot sila either takot sila baka hindi na sila makahanap ng sweldo na meron sila ngayon, yung iba may edad na (may kasama ako datin dyan up to 30years nasa serbisyo pa) walang pondo para mag apply/negosyo at marami pa.

May dati akong kasama nakabbalik ngayon ayaw na umuwi kasi maaayos din naman daw at wala naman daw gulo sa disyerto. di yya inisip na wala nang magpapasweldo sa kanya

Iba sitwasyon ngyon kesa sa dati, dati alam nila kung sino ang pababagsakin ngayon sila sila magka away.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I feel for our OFW brothers because I was once among them, and I have dear friends then and now, who were/are blue collar workers in the ME.

Some lost their houses and savings completely because of the natural calamities.

Nowhere to go but to stick to their "lonely condition", working and eking out a living for their family back home.

Catch 22 thing for them... Hope they're making the right decision....

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.9K:thud:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hmm, didn't think about the ones that got Yolanda'd. i do hope they at least stay safe