New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Err... we have quite a good number of underutilized economic zones outside of Metro Manila.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    I talking bout both sir.
    Good news, both can be solved. Housing: build vertical; transpo: build mass transit and roads; so on.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Err... we have quite a good number of underutilized economic zones outside of Metro Manila.
    True. True. Ever wonder why they are underutilized?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Sabi ni mayor duterte sa presscon, hindi na nya allow another factory to be build sa metro manila. "Dead City"

Ang problem kasi dito sa metro manila wala matino plano. Basta lang kumita siudad sige patayo ng condo, negosyo sa loob ng mga walang kwenta village. patayo kahit sa fault line.

Natawa ako doon sa geologist na nagcomment - Mga developer dami pera pang feng shui pero pag check kung affected ng fault line ayaw gumastos. Swerte-swertehan na lang ba buhay. hahahahah

Sa makati tabi-tabi high-rise naku ewan ko lang kung magkalindol sa part na yan kung ano effect. Ewan ko sa mga binay bakit binaboy makati.

At tama wag sa laguna at cavite. Simula makati-paranaque-cavite/laguna ang liliit ng kalsada tapos jampacked na negosyo. Paano pa gagalaw mga sasakyan jan. Basta bandang south bwisit na puntahan!!! hahahahahha

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Sabi ni mayor duterte sa presscon, hindi na nya allow another factory to be build sa metro manila. "Dead City"

Ang problem kasi dito sa metro manila wala matino plano. Basta lang kumita siudad sige patayo ng condo, negosyo sa loob ng mga walang kwenta village. patayo kahit sa fault line.

Natawa ako doon sa geologist na nagcomment - Mga developer dami pera pang feng shui pero pag check kung affected ng fault line ayaw gumastos. Swerte-swertehan na lang ba buhay. hahahahah

Sa makati tabi-tabi high-rise naku ewan ko lang kung magkalindol sa part na yan kung ano effect. Ewan ko sa mga binay bakit binaboy makati.

At tama wag sa laguna at cavite. Simula makati-paranaque-cavite/laguna ang liliit ng kalsada tapos jampacked na negosyo. Paano pa gagalaw mga sasakyan jan. Basta bandang south bwisit na puntahan!!! hahahahahha
    Yung sa fault line totoo yan. So moral lesson, wag magtayo 20M ata from either side. I may be wrong though.

Yung cavite at laguna, again transpo capacities can be upgraded. Cost lang katapat nyan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    Yung sa fault line totoo yan. So moral lesson, wag magtayo 20M ata from either side. I may be wrong though.

Yung cavite at laguna, again transpo capacities can be upgraded. Cost lang katapat nyan.

Its actually 5m on either side. But note that this only applies to one hazard (i.e. ground rupture, yung pagbitak/pagbuka ng lupa and can rip the building apart), there are other hazards that can affect you even though your are not straddling the fault like liquefaction (where the building can sink into the ground), ground shaking and landslides.

Anyway, I'm all for investing outside of Manila, pero madaling sabihin na "order ni mayor-president (I know Digong chafes at protocols and formalities, but he should really start acting with more finesse)" lang. Dapat i-entice niya rin ang mga businessman na dun na sa kanayunan mag-invest at magtayo, like start building roads and railways, otherwise hindi rin yan susunod or simply not just invest, kayse masayang ang pera.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    True. True. Ever wonder why they are underutilized?

Lack of investment for one reason or another (red tape, infrastructure, corruption concerns, we can only point at some). Clark however is starting to move a lot. I have not seen too much of the other eco zones in recent years but the improvement in the road networks have done very good in getting some places to move more.

My take on Imperial Manila is that you cannot really change that in the next two to three administrations but it can still be channeled in the right direction over time, to benefit our grandchildren perhaps:
    - Continue to move educational institutions outside of Manila (which is now the trend),
    - Mass transport to and from the CBDs that go direct to Bulacan, Pampanga, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas to allow people to live and study out of Manila, yet continue to work in the CBDs. I'd readily build in Pampanga and work in Makati if the train lines easily worked.

For the provincial cities, tourism still plays a lot in bringing in direct dollars but we really have to continue working on the air and sea ports to encourage manufacturing. We have gone a long way from 10 to 15 years ago. Whenever i travel to the Vis-Min area it's really boomed and BPOs, OFW money, and tourism due to cheap air fares, have been helped a lot however the next question is how to sustain and channel the growth in the proper direction to keep our cities from bad development.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Good news, both can be solved. Housing: build vertical; transpo: build mass transit and roads; so on.

can we show our ability, by starting with the current LRTs and MRTs?

also, manufacturers will never go to the provinces unless there are good roads for them to use, there is peace, order, and security, and their power requirements are met..
    Last edited by dr. d; May 27th, 2016 at 09:54 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    How many ways can a exporter import materials and send a finish product abroad? How many of these can be done on the cheap and efficiently from Manila?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I would be impressed if they can develop new cbds outide metro manila. However Filinvest City in Alabang is less than 50% developed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast