New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    he he

dalawang secta po yang kaparian.

a) secular - allowed yan na magkabahay, manigarilyo, uminom (ewan kolang sa mambabae)pwede silang magmay ari ng mga higit sa isang materyal na bagay.

b) religious - opposite ng secular mga yan (sample ng religious congregation e yong mga salesians).say kung meron silang 2 relos, papamigay nila yong isa.yon na nga, bawal silang manigarilyo etc etc.

sana tama ang understanding ko sa grupo ng kaparian.yong galing sa mga sectarian schools, you should know this fact.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Well, priests are expected to conform to certain standards of morality, but they're still human after all, at hindi naman siguro sila matatanggal sa priesthood for smoking. My alma mater is run by priests, and they explicitly prohibited anyone from smoking within the school grounds.

One metaphor I used to hear is that priests are like broomsticks; they themselves may not be clean, but they can still be used to cleanse others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    What I find appalling are parents who smoke with their babies around.
    What *I* find appaling are smokers who puff indiscriminately in places they knowingly share with non-smokers.

A lot of call center agents take their smoking breaks at the ground floor of our building, at the same spot where our ATM is located, despite the presence of other open spaces in the vicinity where they can waste their lungs without being a nuisance to non-smokers. My then-pregnant wife would often be pissed off whenever she had to withdraw cash while being surrounded by buttheads who light their smokes like there's no tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 18th, 2008 at 08:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Agree with cutedoc, as long as they don’t do it in public. Lots of them have vices too. Yes they do play cards, mah jong and others and even matatapang and bastos ang bibig inside the seminary. According to my friend seminarians di mo aakalaing ganun sila sa likod ng abito but I think for me, hindi naman lahat, they’re just a fraction of those matutuwid at mga tao nga rin sila.

how about this one: we have a tenant in our apartment in the 80’s. he’s a single, matangkad at guwapo he has a brand new Honda 125 pro link (the older brother of the SLRs nowadays) . Who’s paying for his monthly rentals? A catholic priest. In short this guy has a priest lover who visits him almost every night.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaterring View Post
    eh wala kayo sa akin. nun bata pa ako (some twenty years ago), lagi ako iniiwan ng magulang ko sa isang simbahan kasi mahirap lang sila kaya di-afford yaya.

ang head priest duon ay uncle ko. usually, i am being taken care of by a sacristan in those days bec. my uncle was too busy to attend to me. ang playground ko ay altar or the back of the altar or sometimes, sa likod ng church.

3 years ago, our family was surprised to learn that we have 2 new cousins. the eldest one was just 5 years younger than me.

g this uncle of mine was well respected in all the parishes na na-assign sya. all the while, when my parents are in parties and guests learn about our relationship with our uncle as a relative, natutuwa yun guests kasi ang galing daw ng uncle ko magbigay ng advice. hindi daw nila makalimutan. my uncle was assigned all throughout the parishes in Luzon in all the 40+ years na priest sya.

yun last story na nadinig ko was this, this uncle of mine nag-mass sa company ng dad ko. my dad works in one of the top 10 corporations in the Phils. my dad's immediate boss is a well-known tycoon. my priest uncle had a sermon there sa company and yun na nga some of the execs were crying including the tycoon. then my dad's boss approached my dad: "napakagaling ng bayaw mo, he's a very good preacher <while trying to hold back his tears>

later we found out that my uncle had invested money in the stock market. matagal na pala nag-stock market si uncle. yun 2 cousins ko nga tig-isa pa ng tsikot eh hehehe

so bale yun, i dont judge 'em based on who they are. all i can say is, it's quite relieving that they are humans like us. but to take all their words as word of God, can be very futile.

aha!!! now I know the reason behind the multiple accounts, endless trolling, you were abused by the priest/sacristan at the back of the church and sometimes under the altar....

yan na ang advice ko sa PM mo sa akin....

last advice, forgive those who have wrong you OB.....
    Last edited by shadow; February 18th, 2008 at 09:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    aha!!! now I know the reason behind the multiple accounts, endless trolling, you were abused by the priest/sacristan at the back of the church and sometimes under the altar....

yan na ang advice ko sa PM mo sa akin....

last advice, forgive those who have wrong you OB.....

Nyeeee! Si Old Blue ba siya?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Nyeeee! Si Old Blue ba siya?
    :busted: :obvious:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    psssttt, bro shadow & bro chua baka mapalo tayo ng mga mods.
    diba me usapan na dyan.just press the report button nalang

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    psssttt, bro shadow & bro chua baka mapalo tayo ng mga mods.
    diba me usapan na dyan.just press the report button nalang
    Ganun ba?

Sorry po mga Mods.....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    WOW!!!
    First of all akala ko dinelete ng mod tong thread ko, kasi baka nga naman mapunta sa debate about religion, pinost ko kasi sa GoonSquad, nilipat lang pala dito.

To empy and Cathy_for_you:
    If you are referring to me, di ko naman po sinabing smoking is a sin, I'm just asking if in their profession e ok lang talaga mag-smoke, and other vices for that matter.

Kasi ung mentality na natatak sa isip ko is that they are supposed to be "good examples", lalo na, na dapat sila ung unang susunod sa teachings nila. First time ko lang talaga makakita, and nagkataon pang ilang months na akong di nakakasimba.

And WOW talaga, dami rin pala kayong na-witness na mas grabe, wala pa pala tong nakita ko. So no big deal pala talaga. Heh this is the next big enlightenment ko kasama nung ZTE scandal. Kasi I dont believe in religion, but believer of God.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaterring View Post
    oo nga tatay nila uncle ko tapos yun nanay nila dating madre totoo 'to peksman

Patay!..........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I just saw a priest smoking...