New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Waaa nagulat ako nung nakita ko siya, dko alam kung nagugutom lang ako, or baka hallucination, or baka naman may nang-ge-genjutsu sa akin. Is this ETHICALLY allowed?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    No big deal.

The first priest that I saw smoking was a dominican one who held our regular friday mass at our school in Novaliches back in 1985. He was taking a puff behind our auditorium right before every mass.

Although they do preach that our bodies should be kept clean inside and out because it is where the Holy Spirit resides, they are afterall, only human.

"Do as I say but not as I do"

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are actually no commandments saying "Thou shalt not drink" or "Thou shalt not smoke."

Of course, there are also no commandments saying "Thou shalt not take a hit of jutes", but I haven't seen a priest do this...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    magulat ka pag may makita kang paring may tsiks! o kaya hawak nya sa kamay sakristan nya hehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ^^ ahahaha! cant help but snicker.. lol well one time sa gym this priest was working out after puting down the weights he sweared nagulat ako adn looked at him ngumiti lang sha. he didnt mean it like just to say it parang naging tension release lang. hehehe! like they said tao lagn naman din sila. but than kung nagiging habit nila or naging vice na well thats a different story na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    didn't realize that smoking was considered a sin these days....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    meron akong nakakasabay na priest sa gym, at first i didnt know he was a priest till they call him father, and no he doesnt swear (i do especially in badminton games when i miss hitting the birdie)

i dont think smoking is prohibited BUT, i feel that they shouldnt smoke in public as they are good morale figures and smoking in public will only create an ethical disturbance to the people.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eh di ba panay inum sila tuwing misa?

taas pa nga magtagay noh!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    didn't realize that smoking was considered a sin these days....
    Exactly. Somehow smoking evokes such negative connotation to most people. Probably 'coz it's a vise. I have no problems with priests that smoke. Yung iba ngang older priests tobacco pipe pa e. hehe.

What I find appalling are parents who smoke with their babies around.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Our parish priest plays poker and smokes with us . .
    So i guess its not that big of a deal..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
I just saw a priest smoking...