New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    how to partially eliminate corruption in government(in an austrian sort of way):
    -cut taxes(VAT,E-VAT,etc.)
    -make almost everything entirely private(instead of socializing and competition will pave the way)
    -remove tariffs
    -remove subsidies
    -public works are purely private(including roads)
    -government should be treated as a company where only the stakeholders(tax payers) have a say
    -remove price control
    -no bail out policy(let everything that should fail fail including government)
    -no wage control
    -unicameral federal parliament(with less government and bureaucracy)
    just to add, impose a death penalty for public officials proven guilty. kung talagang hindi ka corrupt, papayag kang mag-impose ng death penalty na yan, kahit na ikaw mismo ang sakop basta alam mong hindi ka magiging corrupt.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahirap magsalita ng tapos, but for me the most important thing this you must always think of the country first, kung makakabuti sa bansa, gawin mo. ako kasi i work for my dad's company, i always think of the company first, 2nd na yung own interest. because if the company grows, you will too ,long term thinking ang gamit ko, i believe everyone has a price but sana kahit makikinabang ka sa position mo sa government, isipin mo din yung kapakanan ng tao at bansa, for example, if a businessman bribes me to approve a product but i know the product is bad, huwag na lang.

sa BIR, tumanggap ka na ng bribe but sana isipin nyo din na sana may makuha din yung government, di lang lahat bubulsahin nyo, same goes to the BOCustoms, lagay lang ng lagay tapos kahit dangerous goods na, ipapasok nyo pa....peace po....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    just to add, impose a death penalty for public officials proven guilty. kung talagang hindi ka corrupt, papayag kang mag-impose ng death penalty na yan, kahit na ikaw mismo ang sakop basta alam mong hindi ka magiging corrupt.

LOL! .. you think that would ever happen? The actual corrupt senators & congressmen going to propose and approve a law for their own potential execution?

You would sooner see pigs fly.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    101% sure.

How so? I've been given the opportunity several times to be in Customs and every time I turned it down. Yung kumuha ng posisyon na yun mayaman na ngayon. Pero inggit ba ako? Nope.

If I gave in to corruption, I wouldn't be driving a Vios right now but a bullet- proof Lexus instead or a brand new Porsche 911 Turbo.
    so what would you do if your boss want you to do something corrupt. yan ang predicament ng barkada ko sa Fire dati(nasa Canada na sya ngayon). He can control himself but not his superior.

me, wala sa hinagap ko ang career sa gobyerno. for sure di ko kakayanin. mahina ang loob ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    It has to start with small things with little or insignificant value. Everyday, i pray to stay incorruptible. I dont confuse my things with those that belong to the office. I dont bring the office's paper clips, alcohol, ballpens, etc. at home. It helps too if you choose who to socialize with. If you have a reputation of incorruptible integrity, corrupt people won't drag you to the mess. It's " his reputation precedes him". Yun nga lang, they will look for people who can deliver.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    just my humble opinion, for me, governance is a balancing act....

hindi pwedeng black and white.... laging maraming factors..... minsan you are coerced to do something na ayaw mo.... hindi naman kagaya ng trabaho yan na pwede mo ayawan or magresign ka.... lalo na kung elected ang position mo......

sabi nga ni lozada "moderate their greed", siguro nga yan lang ang magagawa mo....
    kagaya sa pagpapatakbo ng negosyo, meron ka dapat room for errors/loss.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    It has to start with small things with little or insignificant value.
    Agree.

Here's a simple test:

Do you buy pirated dvds or software?
    Do you make illegal downloads?

If your answer is yes, then there's a good chance that you will be a corrupt official.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    Everyday, i pray to stay incorruptible. I dont confuse my things with those that belong to the office. I dont bring the office's paper clips, alcohol, ballpens, etc. at home.

Prayer is NO guarantee

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    diba tuwing linggo nagsisimba din ang mga politician?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
how sure are you that you won't be a corrupt official if given the opportunity?