New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang plastik na sagot ha, pag ikaw naging gov't officials ang pwedeng mag nakaw, would you do it? I mean hinde ka mahuhuli and all.

'cos ang daming batikos sa mga corrupt officials natin pero if we are in the same situation, sigurado ka ba na hinde ka magiging corrupt?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I don't want to be corrupt. Given that I can be able to support my family and sustain the present lifestyle that I have. Di ko masisikmura.

I fear God and I do have my morals.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Definitely not. First of all, believe it or not eh hindi ako magaling magsinungaling. Second is Paranoia

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

That is a good question bro.

Our industry has a real bad reputation for corruption. A well-known big company was shutdown mainly because of this disturbing underlying issue.

I have many huge opportunities to get filthy rich quickly without them knowing it. I am, however, proud to say that I did not steal from the companies I worked with before and until now. By the way, I am in charge of Engineering and Operations.

The same is true with my wife who is in charge of Logistics and Purchasing, among her other functions.

Yes, we get perks as Managers, such as car plan/loan, stock incentives, performance bonus, but those are all above board.

When approached by Suppliers for "gifts",- we tell them to comprehend this as discount in the price quotation. In this way, there is no string attachment with the supplier, while getting the maximum benefit for the company. Free meal with the supplier? Yes. (And I encourage this with my engineers). But nothing hanky panky.

I agree that government service is a different environment. But I guess, if you have the moral ground and the position, you can still be straight.

12.1K:drunk:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if i was elected into office -- meaning nag campaign ako -- which means there are people who helped me during the campaign (in cash or kind) -- then i owe them favors

when they ask me for favors naman, i will not deny them

they scratch my back, i scratch theirs

that's the way it is

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    walang plastik na sagot ha, pag ikaw naging gov't officials ang pwedeng mag nakaw, would you do it? I mean hinde ka mahuhuli and all.

'cos ang daming batikos sa mga corrupt officials natin pero if we are in the same situation, sigurado ka ba na hinde ka magiging corrupt?

Personally, I do not have the "want" for government office.

Back when I was younger, I really didn't see government work for me even with the potential of big money flowing into my pockets.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Never kong pinangarap mag trabaho/serve sa Gobyerno. Matino ka nga pero halos lahat naman ng kasama mo either corrupt or walang kwenta.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i won't steal money from the government, what i'll do instead is accept money from businessman to give them "favors" like what other gov't. officials do. pero depends on what kind of "favor" they'll ask, if it won't hurt anybody then why not. i know one senator who did a favor for a businessman that gave him 2M just to endorse their product things like that won't hurt anyone so that's an easy 2M.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    wont do the under the table job / steal money from the kaban ng bayan ,

but if some businessman offer me a money in exchange of favor , well going to accept it.. but that will depend on "favor"

and of course if someone i owned i have to return favor too..

as what uls said.. kamutin mo likod ko kakamutin ko likod mo

doing under the table job and returning favor is big different

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    personally, i won't take away people's money. BUT we can only stay incorruptible on a certain level.

i think everybody has a price, kahit na gaano pa natin gustong maging malinis. minsan kahit ayaw mo gawin, mapipilitan ka dahil sa factors that are at stake. our values and morals can be compromised if may maaapektuhan na pamilya, kaibigan, etc. saka hindi lang naman sa government pwedeng i-apply ang corruption. the only difference is its taxpayers money.

if you don't want to be corrupted in government office, then better stay away from it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
how sure are you that you won't be a corrupt official if given the opportunity?